Empire magazine Indy month (April / May 2008)

The Man

I'll buy the date as viable. Empire and Spielberg have had an unusually warm relationship through the years, so an early look for the magazine isn't that difficult to believe. Let's hope it's a * * * * * review...

The Man

jasperjones said:
They've changed the review to the 21st now.

No, it's still May 12, but that's the 21st day of their celebration.

So we'll get the second trailer on May 2 (maybe), the Empire review on May 12 and the film itself on May 22.

Nice 10-day intervals, like clockwork.

Yeah, that has a nice pattern to it. After the Iron Man hoopla next week, we'll get our fix.

Agent Z

Haha! I thought maybe they had an invite to Cannes or something....:p

I'm sure they are working on said invite even harder now, as the emails start flooding in.... :D

The Man

Agent Z said:
Haha! I thought maybe they had an invite to Cannes or something....:p

I'm sure they are working on said invite even harder now, as the emails start flooding in.... :D

What a ****-up! Before all this, I'd expected them to have a review by the 19th or 20th. Then we're told the 12th and now it's the 21st. This movie will be the mental-ruination of us all!

eazybox

I'm measuring myself for a straightjacket right now. I hope they come in predistressed brown cowhide...

Jack

The Man

eazybox said:
I'm measuring myself for a straightjacket right now. I hope they come in predistressed brown cowhide...

Jack

I'm going for the Russian grey-smoke. Quite snazzy...

oki9Sedo

The Man said:
What a ****-up! Before all this, I'd expected them to have a review by the 19th or 20th. Then we're told the 12th and now it's the 21st. This movie will be the mental-ruination of us all!

In any case, while they're interviews and articles are very good, their reviews are not. They gave Attack of the Clones five stars, Pearl Harbour four stars, Alexander four stars, Die Hard With A Vengeance five stars etc etc.

crowmagnumman

oki9Sedo said:
In any case, while they're interviews and articles are very good, their reviews are not. They gave Attack of the Clones five stars, Pearl Harbour four stars, Alexander four stars, Die Hard With A Vengeance five stars etc etc.

Well most of those ratings seem pretty bogus to me, but DHWAV was a pretty good Die Hard movie. Not quite 5 star worthy, but a worthy sequel in my opinion.

But since most of those ratings are crazy, I'm not gonna trust them to rate Indy 4 properly.

G-Man

oki9Sedo said:
I agree they've had some hiccups (they themselves admit to some over enthusiastic mistakes in the past) but generally I trust Empire's reviews over pretty much any other, we must have the same tastes...

But I try not to read them until after I've seen the movie and made up my own mind.

The Man

G-Man said:
I agree they've had some hiccups (they themselves admit to some over enthusiastic mistakes in the past) but generally I trust Empire's reviews over pretty much any other, we must have the same tastes...

But I try not to read them until after I've seen the movie and made up my own mind.

Yeah, the same here. If anything their over-excitement only indicates how enthusiastic they are as film fans. We've all overrated a movie after the first euphoric look...

Today, they're examining all the Indy MacGuffins.

NonStop

oki9Sedo said:

Meh, sometimes they get it wrong, but on average I reckon their reviews are really good.

The Man

As for the individual MacGuffins, they rate them out of five...

Ark Of The Covenant: 5

Sankara Stones:3

Holy Grail: 3

Crystal Skull: -2 (Ahh, I jest.)

About fair?

agentsands77

The Man said:
As for the individual MacGuffins, they rate them out of five...

Ark Of The Covenant: 5

Sankara Stones:3

Holy Grail: 3

Crystal Skull: -2 (Ahh, I jest.)

About fair?
Maybe. I'd definitely give the Ark a 5, and Holy Grail seems right with a 3... but the Sankara Stones are definitely weaker than the Grail. I'd give 'em a 2.

TheLastCrusader

I'm actually thinking that the Crystal Skull will get a 4 as MacGuffin. I have nothing but positive feelings towards this one by the looks and sound of it so far.