Colonel Ernst Vogel Fan Club

Whatis your favorite thing about Vogel?

• Total voters

RKORadio

I like playing that game - seeing an Indy actor in another movie and working out a bizarre plotline to prove that they are really their Indy character.

It works with Doctor Who, too.

Like... at some point during 'Robot', did the fourth Doctor ( still suffering from post-regeneration trauma ) head off in the Tardis and become corrupted by his darker side, growing himself a beard and then facing off against Sinbad?

Or did the second Doctor, during the hypothetical season 6B, become a priest and end up getting skewered by a falling cross, somehow crawling back to The Tardis and then regenerating into Pertwee?
Or perhaps the second Doctor went back to ancient Greece and grew old and blind, eventually meeting Jason during his quest for the Golden Fleece.

IndyJoey

RKORadio said:
It works with Doctor Who, too.

Like... at some point during 'Robot', did the fourth Doctor ( still suffering from post-regeneration trauma ) head off in the Tardis and become corrupted by his darker side, growing himself a beard and then facing off against Sinbad

I don't remember that happening during Robot, and i have seen all 4 parts of it. Doctor Who is epic. And i wish Indy had managed to shoot Vogel - Nazi Schwein.

RKORadio

As I said I was playing the game of "character played by the same actor is really the Doctor" so i was inventing a scenario.

Montana Smith

Let's push this fan club over the edge...

344.jpg

600full-force-10-from-navarone-poster.jpg

...and stretch the Vogel connection some more.

Vogel was a fan of the old Luger P08:

800px-IJLC-LugerA.jpg

A gun which was being superceded by the Walther P38:

IJLC-P38_shoot3guysA.jpg

800px-IJTLC_127.jpg

Under the alias of Lt. Colonel Mike Barnsby, Indy never lost his wonder for the P38:

Force10FromNavarone-Still2.jpg

800px-F10_16.jpg

During this adventure he encountered Dietrich's twin brother,

9041-6609.jpg

Hitler's double,

15756-6609.jpg

The man who had been his 'post-regeneration' father's nemesis,

9377-6609.jpg

And, of course, Vogel himself (or his twin brother),

2474-6609.jpg

Montana Smith said:
Especially in black...

DSCN3547-1.jpg

DSCN3544.jpg
The way it's shiny like that makes it seem as if his entire uniform were made of leather.
Montana Smith said:
Maybe that's what made Vogel so irritable.

7-general-vogel-indiana-jones-indy-castle-michael-byrne.jpg

We're back to Freud again, but I think Vogel might actually be anally retentive.
He definitely is.
Kai Hagen said:
He acted out very memorable characters in a lot of movies. After watching LC, I quickly recognized him in A Bridge Too Far and The Sum of All Fears. It's amazing how he was quite unforgettable whether he played as the bad guys or the good guys.
He plays a leather gloved SS officer of the same unit as in LC in the film Rogue Male.
IndyJoey said:
And i wish Indy had managed to shoot Vogel - Nazi Schwein.
I wish it had been the other way around.

Last edited:

Montana Smith

JuniorJones said:
Great stuff Monty but where does this fit in...

bryne.jpg

General der Infanterie Friedrich Olbricht looking so much like pro-Hitler Vogel must have caused some consternation for the latter.

Montana Smith said:
General der Infanterie Friedrich Olbricht looking so much like pro-Hitler Vogel must have caused some consternation for the latter.
Or perhaps they're one and the same. Falling off the cliff may have made him see things in a different light.

For those of you who don't know General Olbricht participated in the failed July 20 1944 plot to blow up Hitler, arrest political leaders and install a transitional unNazi government, which endeavored to end the war, at least on the western front. He was executed for this daring effort on the very next day.

Montana Smith

Von Stalhein said:
Or perhaps they're one and the same. Falling off the cliff may have made him see things in a different light.

It would explain why he renounced the SS and joined the Army, even at the expense of being demoted to the rank of Major.

Taking the alias 'Schroeder', he was sent to Yugoslavia to once more tackle the menace that was Indiana Jones. Yet again he feigned his own death.

Wow! Why didn't George think of this before he set upon the plot of KOTCS? :D

Montana Smith said:
It would explain why he renounced the SS and joined the Army, even at the expense of being demoted to the rank of Major.

Taking the alias 'Schroeder', he was sent to Yugoslavia to once more tackle the menace that was Indiana Jones. Yet again he feigned his own death.
Before that he underwent the same rejuvenation therapy of his nemesis, probably at the same clinic and right next to each other, sharing the waiting lounge for a few minutes. Also, he only left the SS for the Army after their holiday in the Balkans.

Montana Smith said:
Wow! Why didn't George think of this before he set upon the plot of KOTCS? :D
Because his idea supply dried up long ago, while we're an everchanig collective.

Vance

Indiana Jones and the Curse of Odessa?

Actually, that could work. 1947, Indiana learns of secret caches of treasure smuggled from Europe and hidden in Argentina. He heads to the jungles to deal with former Nazis (some repetant, some worse than ever) to try to 'liberate' the treasures before they can be used to fund... something...

Granted, I may be channeling a little bit of White Collar here...

Colonel Corey

I'm quite happy this thread turned out to be bigger than I thought it would. :)

But I have a question. Who is better? Vogel, Dietrich, or Dovchenko?
Hmm, I think Vogel and Dovchenko are almost a tie. They would be invincible if they we're working together! :gun: :whip:

Colonel_Vogel

Colonel Vogel is so FREAKING AWESOME!!!

All of us know Vogel is awesome. I even set my username to Colonel Vogel because of him :D He was made from this setting of villains: Champaign Villain (Donovan) Evil Nazi (Vogel) And/or evil woman(Elsa)
This combinations, according to Steven Spielberg, "Works wonderfully". And boy did it! I give it a (y)!HE IS FREAKING AWESOME

"...And zis is how vee say goodbye in Germany Dr.Jones....*PUNCH*"
"Vhat are you hiding? Vhat does zee diary tell you zat it doesn't tell us?"
"Let me kill zem now!"
"Bing Ding Schatz"
:D
But Henry Jones would think...:mad: "THIS IS INTOLERABLE!!!!!!!":mad:

Henry W Jones

I will try to get a photo if I can next week of this guy doing constuction at my work. He looks a lot like Vogel. Enough to where I am going to find a photo of him and my boss and I are going to convince the gullible girl in the office it is him and send her out for an autograph. I'll let you know how it goes. My set is packed up. Was there a heritage card with him on it that wasn't a autograph card?

Kooshmeister

Loving all these little gags and fan theories about good old Vogel. I still prefer Dietrich because he was a bit more refined whereas Vogel was more of a thug.

Anyone notice how, Indy-like, his hat is never knocked off until the climax of the tank scene? Both he and Indy lose their hats there.

Colonel_Vogel

Kooshmeister said:
Loving all these little gags and fan theories about good old Vogel. I still prefer Dietrich because he was a bit more refined whereas Vogel was more of a thug.

Anyone notice how, Indy-like, his hat is never knocked off until the climax of the tank scene? Both he and Indy lose their hats there.

Lol. I didn't notice! But that's true. (y)

Colonel_Vogel said:
All of us know Vogel is awesome. I even set my username to Colonel Vogel because of him :D He was made from this setting of villains: Champaign Villain (Donovan) Evil Nazi (Vogel) And/or evil woman(Elsa)
This combinations, according to Steven Spielberg, "Works wonderfully". And boy did it! I give it a (y)!HE IS FREAKING AWESOME

"...And zis is how vee say goodbye in Germany Dr.Jones....*PUNCH*"
"Vhat are you hiding? Vhat does zee diary tell you zat it doesn't tell us?"
"Let me kill zem now!"
"Bing Ding Schatz"
The last one was actually "Bringt den Schatz!".
Kooshmeister said:
Indeed. And has anyone ever noticed that "Vogel" is an anagram of "glove"? He indeed wear his leather gloves at all times and only ever briefly removes one when he wants to slap a prisoner with it.

Kooshmeister said:
Was the Standartenführer not refined when he sultrily snarled at Jones Sr. as he was repeatedly slapping his prisoner with his leather glove?