Chachapoyan Temple light trap

Jay R. Zay

@ Aaron H:

bah. all the same. an angel of death is a ghost for me. :p they aren't realistic anyway so who cares.

@ Paden: pimp my thread.

and @roundshort, just to make this clear once and for all: i guess lucas and spielberg knew that there were no photo cells during the mayan period. so we can take it as "very likely" that this is an intentional fantasy element. just like the flying wing, as we all know, never existed, either, especially not this early. as far as i remember, the first nazi flying wing was a jet plane, so this must have been developed very late in WWII. and 1936 definitely was NOT very late in WWII (also a fact that steven and georgie probably were aware of).

roundshort

J-Z, you are German aren't you. I thought all Germans liked to play dumb about WWII facts . . .
hmmm maybe it was good we such a close watch on German friends over there, but if it wasn't for the kruts us Marines would not have the cool "Devil Dog" nickman (they called us that in WWI after their first few encounters with us, they had never seen such fighting abilty we scared em ya know!

Back to my orginal point you little jr. SS man, we all know it is a fantasy movie, but most of the little hitches int he movie can be explained or given a short slip of time like the Nazi flying wing, the light trap though is a pretty large hole, the darts are a big pill to swallow also.

So, J-Z, you rapping fool, relax, breath, I know the German train is always on time, but like we say in California, chill bra'

California Uber Allis

Jay R. Zay

didn't expect it to be this spicy... :D

"J-Z, you are German aren't you."

no, i was lying in my profile because i found it would be cool pretending to be from the home of indy's enemy. :rolleyes:

" I thought all Germans liked to play dumb about WWII facts . . ."

i thought you americans weren't even aware of the fact WWII was over... and obviously, i wasn't this wrong, was i? :D so i'll skip these references to my coutry and get straight to the point.

"but most of the little hitches int he movie can be explained"

oh really? please explain this "angel of death" (or, the 'ghost' :p ). i really have some troubles believing this part of RotlA.

"So, J-Z, you rapping fool"

as you can read in my nickname, i have nothing to do with rap music as my name is neither j-z nor jay-z or whatever. it's jay r. zay, which is my real life nickname, too... (i feel i have explained this already a few times, haven't i). apart from this, it would be pretty hard being a nazi and a rapper at the same time. i think this is a pretty big plot hole in your little reply, isn't this?

communistnazijew.jpg

roundshort

sweet, I thought that was the response I would get!
I still dig the older stuff from Public Enemy, I thinkthey are one of the better rap acts ever, although Run D.M.C. is still a classic,

why can't Nazis be rappers? I mean they woudl have to rap about different stuff?

like I said, Germans, no sense of humor,

lighten' up dude

Last edited:

Jay R. Zay

"sweet, I thought that was the response I would get!"

sweet. why did you write it then?

"I still dig the older stuff from Public Enemy, I thinkthey are one of the better rap acts ever, although Run D.M.C. is still a classic,"

thanks for this info. so..?

"why can't Nazis be rappers? I mean they woudl have to rap about different stuff?"

or why can't jews be nazis? no idea. think about it... do you know what "rap" music is? do you know what a "nazi" is? perhaps that's your problem.

"like I said, Germans, no sense of humor"

actually, you didn't say so. but interesting, that you often get a "a-hahahaha, i was just kidding - didn't you get the joke"-reply in such a situation. losing ground? :) this is getting ridiculous - even for my weak sense of humor. what kind of insults would you have prepared just in case i would admit being from canada? france? or was it just luck that i'm from a country you have so much to say about? :)

Gilles V

Administrator Emeritus
The discussion in this thread shows that members of The Raven Message Board are a diverse and international community. However, it appears that the discussion has strayed from the original topic or does not remain Indiana Jones related. It is important to stay on topic and within the Indiana Jones genre, so as to prevent confusion among those participating in the discussion or visiting this site for the first time. This topic is moderated and future off-topic discussion could lead to the unfortunate closing of this thread.

roundshort

Thank you Gilles, I felt I was painted into an unfortable corner, very politcal, I still woudl lvoe to hear a great answer about the light trap that has bothed since I was a young one, anyone?

Jay R. Zay

seriously, what answer do you expect? do you want some proof that there were photo cells in this era? do you want us to admit that you are sherlock holmes who found out that none of these indy adventures are very realistic? why discuss something like this? aren't you aware of the fact that the answer is plain to see - it's a fantastic element and there is nothing unsolved about it. call it "plot hole", if you like to. call yourself "sherlock holmes", if you like to. indiana jones was never intended to be realistic. it's supposed to be adventury. it's supposed to tell us that there are big mysteries in lost cultures like the mayas. that they had a very advanced technology for example. if you want realism, don't watch indiana jones. there are no "angels of death", there is no healing effect about the cup of christ, there were no light traps in mayan temples, there were no giant stone balls, there was no professor who ran around with his whip, killed nazis and found mystic artifacts. jesus, if THIS is a plot hole for you, "star wars" must have been a horrible movie for you, right? the only question is - what are you doing in this forum then?

personally, i don't see any reason to discuss this topic anymore. we all know that there were no light traps so all we could have is a fake discussion and some lame explanations - and we've had this before in the other thread. it is nice that you pointed out that indiana jones is not historically correct. thank you for this most valuable piece of information, let's now keep it at this. okay?

EDIT: oh and by the way - the political aspects were your own responsibility. if you don't want to get in trouble, don't insult anybody's nationality. if you have any personal problems with the fact that i'm from germany, keep them for yourself. don't first insult me and then complain that you appeared in a bad (because of my german lack of humor). if you feel like offending somebody, you should take the full responsibility. and for many reasons, the german past is something that i'm not too generous with. i've heard to many stupid insults like your own one to simply accept it. most of all i hate the stupidity behind the idea that, for some reason, i could have anything to do with this. disregarding what this edit might sound like, i am not ashamed of my country's past or present. i simply dislike reading this nazi stuff as an insult. or as a bad joke, if you prefer to see it this way. these days weren't that funny either.

Last edited:

theinfiniteweird

Hey, that's me!

And to Jay R. Zay- your first reply there was pretty funny. "...go and watch some better documentaries." HA! :D

So it was Gabriel?

;)

Junior Jones

Yeah, that's me.

The original one (without the dash) stopped working. I could log in, but was "not authorized" to access anything. I e-mailed Gilles twice but didn't get an answer, so I created a second login by adding a dash.

theinfiniteweird

Micheal is the Archangel, and Gabriel is the Angel of death. But since I could be wrong (as is often the case with anyone who thinks they know what they're talking about), I'll go look it up. Anyway...

Something else about the light trap. Either Florestall's (sp?) skeleton fell off before Satipo got back, or there is more than one spike thing. Anyone ever think of this?

What does this have to do with how the trap works? Nothing. But since we're on the subject of the light trap anyway, and this (dissapereance of Florestall [sp?] or two spike things) has always been curious to me (why I don't know), I figured I bring it up.

roundshort

Anyone ever read anything by Christophre Moore, his books Lamb and the Stupidest Angel give a great perspective on angels, as does kevin Smith's "Dogma"

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Pale Horse said:
<-----------------I beg to differ, [snicker]
"And there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him." Revelation 6:8

intergamer

The idea is that films and books do not have to believable as they would be in our world, but that characters and events should make for the universe that has been created in our understanding of the work.

Therefore we will believe in the power of the ark, but not in a lone impossible booby trap.

While Harry Potter may be entirely fictional, and about witchcraft and wizardry, I refuse to accept that Harry will pull out a gun and start taking down Soviet agents.

Stories do not really forego or suspend disbelief; rather, they extend disbelief.

Joe Brody

Question: would we all be more accepting of the light trap if it were more apparent that the eyes move on the Fertility Idol?

Indy Bone

I expected to hear two or three brains seriously speculating or reacalling possibilities for the light trap's operation. But now I'm beginning to doubt if there was anyone with an actual good idea on the thread theinfinitewierd mentioned, as he led me to believe.

:confused: