Wested Indy Shirt - Question

dakota

I currently own one of the older (yellow tint and too big) Wested Indy shirts but am currently looking to maybe purchase another one.

After reading the forum thread on the Wested Indy shirt I gathered that it has been upgraded some what making it more SA and loosing the yellowish shade.

As most of the photos in the thread have been removed (photobucket) I was wondering if anybody who has recently purchased one from Wested could post some pics of it so I can get an idea of what the shirt looks like now.

Also on sizing, is the shirt true to size or do you need to order up - I am currently a size 44" chest so would order from the Wested size chart eg. size 44" = Large etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as always.

Glenville86

I wear a XXL in shirts and the new Wested ones are too short for me....

I see where someone at COW answered your question.

Andy Senior

Indi shirts

I have found, granted by accident, that the best way of getting an Indi shirt to look right is to get one a bit big, and shrink it. As the Wested ones are 100 percent cotton, shrinking is what they like to do! So... cold wash, line dry, once its got to the right size, they fade in direct sunlight as well.

dakota

Wested Indy shirt received yesterday in a size Large, great quality and a far better colour shade so no complaints there however, the shirt seems to be a little on the big side for a Large (44" chest) and I think I could have possibly got away with a Medium.

Anyways, rather than send it back I decided to give the shirt a hot wash and see if I can shrink it down a little for a better fit to which I have done but not tried it on yet as I was leaving it to heat dry overnight.

Will try it on tonight and see if the results are favourable.

dakota

Well I tried the shirt on this evening and it looks to have shrunk a tiny bit (I washed it on a 60 degree run) but not as much as I would have like so back in the machine it has gone, this time on a 90 degrees wash so it will either shrink or it won't after this I think.

It's been washed, hung on a hanger and is currently drying over night on a heated maiden, I'll have another look tomorrow and see if there has been any size difference, fingers crossed.

dakota

Well tried the shirt tonight and it has shrunk enough to be between a Large and a Medium, length is good so I don't think it will shrink anymore unless I hammer it in the tumble dryer to be honest I'm not going to do that.

I fits well enough to wear as an every day shirt without being too tight as a pose to a cosplay item to which a Medium would be better.

Anyway I'm happy with the results and will be wearing the shirt for work tomorrow so well done Wested on another quality item

dakota

Marv said:
Well tried the shirt tonight and it has shrunk enough to be between a Large and a Medium so I don't think it will shrink anymore unless I hammer it in the tumble dryer to be honest I'm not going to do that.

I fits well enough to wear as an every day shirt without being too tight as a pose to a cosplay item to which a Medium would be better.

Anyway I'm happy with the results and will be wearing the shirt for work tomorrow so well done Wested on another quality item. :TOH:

The shirt currently worn after the above shrinkage treatment, looks good but I think I could have got away with a Medium.

Apologies for the huge photo, don't know what happened there but if you click on the image, it will show a smaller version.

ThrowMeTheWhip

When did this supposed color change occur? I have a Wested shirt that I bought sometime last year. It was secondhand, but brand new and unworn by the previous owner, and fairly recently ordered at that time, and it is as yellow as can be. Absolutely awful.