Funny moments in Raiders and KOTCS

ronthereviewer

:) Well I have been through Temple and Crusade on the cast going over funny moments and now it is time to move into the last 2 films in the series.

So what parts in Raider and KOTCS did you think were funny, I mean really made you smile or laugh out loud. I am going to include your thoughts when I do it so I will start with just one from each, really looking forward to what my you thought was funny in KOTCS.

Raiders- Jock fishing off the plane while Indy was in grave danger
KOTCS- Indy getting a scrub down after the explosion

Montana Smith

I found ROTLA more witty than really laugh out loud funny.

It was a toss up between the Mechanic's punch that landed Indy on his butt, and Indy's immediate expression; shooting the Cairo swordsman; Dietrich's imploding face.

Top of the bunch has to be:

Raiders - shooting the swordsman. It was such a simple and unexpected scene, which also helped build Indy's character as bearing the status of anti-hero, as at first you expect him to simply disarm the Arab with his whip.

181.jpg

KOTCS - it has to be the flying fridge overtaking the car. I loved the absurdity of the situation.

087.jpg

mattzilla2010

ROTLA: The Arab fella landing on the windshield during the truck chase. Literally makes me laugh out loud every time - the expression on his face is priceless.

KOTCS: Indy getting the snake thrown on him when he's in the quicksand - er, I mean, the "dry sand pit". Harrison's expression + yelp + flailing hands = me cracking up.

teampunk

in raiders when he's driving the truck, looks in the mirror and sees the nazis coming up the sides from the back. just the sound he makes always makes me crack up.

Meerkat

mattzilla2010 said:
KOTCS: Indy getting the snake thrown on him when he's in the quicksand - er, I mean, the "dry sand pit". Harrison's expression + yelp + flailing hands = me cracking up.

Yeah?And it looked like Mutt deliberately gave him the head of the snake. xD

Dr.RosenRosen

CS: Marcus´Painting in the Library

I love the scene. The painting of Marcus (expressions) and how it fits to the scene is great :)

137.jpg

PS: I watched CS yesterday again and i have to say: The more i see it - the more i like it :) Still hoping for IJ5. :whip:

michael

mattzilla2010 said:
ROTLA: The Arab fella landing on the windshield during the truck chase. Literally makes me laugh out loud every time - the expression on his face is priceless.
Was going to say this, the thing I love is the exchange that Indy and the soldier give to one another after they see that fella on the windshield! hahaha!

I also find Toht to be amusing, not in a bad way, and not in a "lol" way, he's just a very unique character. My favorite moment with him is in the canyon before the opening of the Ark. Indy shows up with the RPG and Toht just takes a seat, wipes his sweat and is just thinking "really? this guy again?"

As for KOTCS, I like the "For love of God, SHUT THE HELL UP!" line in the back of the truck.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Dr.RosenRosen said:
I love the scene. The painting of Marcus (expressions) and how it fits to the scene is great :)

There's some resemblance, but I don't think it's meant to be Marcus. Looks more early nineteenth century or something.

Dr.RosenRosen

Attila the Professor said:
There's some resemblance, but I don't think it's meant to be Marcus. Looks more early nineteenth century or something.

It´s a bit hard to see in the screenshot. If you watch that scene in the movie you can see that it is Marcus wearing his Dean Robe. IMO.

Regards,
Dr.RosenRosen

XanaduEli

Hehe love those pics

this one for some reason made my friends and I burst out laughing (y)

funnas10.jpg

Last edited:

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Dr.RosenRosen said:
It´s a bit hard to see in the screenshot. If you watch that scene in the movie you can see that it is Marcus wearing his Dean Robe. IMO.

Regards,
Dr.RosenRosen

It's a gigantic book. And it looks as though he's wearing some manner of Beau Brummel something-or-other about the neck. And he already has the painting in the hallway outside the classroom <I>and</I> the statue on the quad <I>and</I> the photograph on Indy's desk.

Does anyone here know Yale? I'd be interested to hear if that painting seems to be a replica of anything.