A New DVD Collection?

DanRO

Goodsport said:
Didn't one of the many early drafts for the fourth film from years ago reveal that Indy had a twin brother, played by Kevin Costner or Danny DeVito or someone? :confused:

-G

DeVito? I hope you aren´t mixing with the "Twins" movie there :p
Never heard about anything in that direction though.

Canyon

Years ago, there were rumours that Kevin Costner was going to play Indy's evil brother in the fourth movie, and when they were casting for Raiders, they were going to get Danny DiVeto to play Sallah, but his agent wanted to much money. ;)

sarah navarro

xVendetta17x said:
The evil brother thing doesn't actually sound that bad
Wasn't Natalie portman also supposed to play Indy's daughter?
She was supposedly in it but i never heard that she was supposed to hus daughter.Evilbrer!?no way.:eek:

sarah navarro

sarah navarro said:
She was supposedly in it but i never heard that she was supposed to hus daughter.Evilbrer!?no way.:eek:
i dont know if anyone understood this i dont rember when i wrote it sorry.Anyway ive made a final decision too buy the new ones because their cases lok so awesome.

mattzilla2010

Well, moving back to the subject of DVDS, I had predicted a while ago that there would eventually be a "special edition" DVD release, and so have patiently waited for quite a while to own the Indy trilogy on DVD.

But then I read the specs for the new set, and was utterly disappointed by the special features. I mean, it was either a documentary covering the entire moviemaking process, or a tiny featurette focusing on a 2-second special FX shot. So last week I went ahead and bought the 2003 set :D .

Crack that whip

Michael24 said:
Also because the "special features" on this set look rather lame in comparison to the previous box set, which were just "okay" as it was.

They should have just re-released the existing box set at this point, then when KOTCS hits DVD, bring out a new box set with all four films and much more, and better, special features.

Major West said:
Erm, the previous DVD boxset has better special features than these new releases. If I was chosing between the two I'd go for the older set.

I'm not so sure; both releases appear to have some great stuff, though it'd help to know exactly how extensive the new editions' extras are (running times, etc.). Of course the best thing would've been to have had as much as possible on the initial release, but since the new extras include KotCS-related contributions they couldn't have happened back in '03. Note also the extras are entirely new - there appears to be absolutely nothing duplicated from the '03 box's complement of extras.

If nothing else, it's worth noting that neither the '03 box nor these new releases are particularly expensive; one can easily get the '03 box for $30 - $40 (and could even then), while the new ones list for under $20 each, which should mean they're even less in many "real world" outlets, and the boxed set of the three new ones appears to be priced substantially below the combined list prices of the three individual releases. I don't think buying both would actually necessarily be that much more than what a comprehensive release with all the extras from both versions "should" cost - but it's still more than would be ideal, true, and it'll undoubtedly get worse once KotCS enters the canon on DVD and there's some new set release to accommodate it with the others.

-Jones-

For your viewing pleasure:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MdxwTDdVQ-I&hl=en&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MdxwTDdVQ-I&hl=en&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>