Indy on the cover: Cinemania, Maverick

Dr Jones

I'm really eager to see how, why and when they bring Marion back into Indy's adventure.

That will be some fantastic nostalgia and fun moments!

(y)

isaac_z

what i'm hoping for is that they get along fine for a while and then randomly, maybe at the end, she clocks him one out of left field.

FordFan

Something tells me that Mac turns on Indy later on in the film, probably through his fascination of the skull. Trying to attain his own "fortune and glory"...

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I'd reckon it could be pretty funny if Mac and Indy keeps hitting on Marion throughout the movie and somewhere near the end she hits them both! A more humourous take than the Belloq-Marion-Indy triangle that is in the Raiders novel pretty heavily and merely implied in Raiders.

Sakis

TR.N Staff Member
madindy1.jpg

mfisher

The new DK book Ultimate Guide to Indiana Jones gives us some insight to Marion's character.. from what I read it looks like John Hurt's character, OX, stepped in to raise Marion's son "mutt" when his real father died in WW2 (pilot for RAF named Colin).. Ox disappears down in Peru and Marion goes looking for him..

Sakis

TR.N Staff Member
I've never heard of that magazine before
But still it looks good

Starlog is a magazine that deals with science-fiction and has a history of about thirty years. It has featured all the previous films with great interviews from cast and crew. Here are two of its many Indy covers:
starlog83.jpg

starlog_june89_01.jpg

Stoo

"The Observer Magazine" Harrison Ford Interview

Sakis said:
Starlog is a magazine that deals with science-fiction and has a history of about thirty years. It has featured all the previous films with great interviews from cast and crew.
Fantastic magazine. I used to buy this religiously in the early '80s and still have them all in a box
as they're too nostaglic to get rid off. My 1st issue was #37 with "Empire" on the cover, so I have
all the "Raiders" coverage but that's it, unfortunately. I slowly stopped buying after "Jedi" came out.
Thanks for reminding me, Sakis!

In this Sunday's (April 27) edition of UK's, "The Observer", the magazine insert has Harrison Ford on the cover
with a 4 page interview on "Crystal Skull". There's a cast photo with S.Spielberg that I haven't seen before
(but it may be old news to the spoiler-hungry. I don't know.)

Starlog was an excellent magazine. I had the Indy cover issue above and another one that focused more on Star Trek III. I'll have to root them out and take another look!(y)

Stoo

Dig 'em out, Gruber! My box is far away...

Re: cast photo in Sunday's "The Observer Magazine"...

Just wanted to add that it's obviously a publicity shot from that Comic-Con video
appearance thing but I've never seen this pose (and it doesn't serve Shia very well).

The Ford interview gives a detail about the motorcycle chase...