Release date of Indy 4!

indifan101

Get out your whips and put on your fedoras because the release date of Indy 4 has arrived! The date is July 4 2006! So don't just pull out the fireworks, bring your gear into the light and let the celebration begin!

for the time, year, days and hours left untill Indy 4 go to indianajones.de

IndyBuff

Just out of curiosity, where did you that? I've heard July 4, 2006 mentioned before and I wasn't sure if it was official or not. :confused:

Jay R. Zay

"current" is not the same as "official". :p but for god's sake, you can be Mr. Current. just don't mess with Mr. Official. ;)

if i may add that IMDb also agrees with 2007...

IndyBuff

I'm assuming we can expect a press conference or official report when it's announced. There are so many dates and rumors flying around out there and I imagne most, if not all, are pure speculation.

Alex Jones

I really don't think that it's practicly possible for the film to be ready at the summer of 2006. :( I mean,it's not a low-budget movie we're talking about here,but an Indiana Jones film! :whip:
They haven't even finished the casting yet,and the script is in a very first draft.
To be honest with you,I really don't think that this movie will be made.And it shouldn't as well.I am a very,very,very big fan of Indy,I have his movies,books,comics,but I just know when enouph is enouph.
A positive thing with Indy is that the audience loves him not so much from the action he delivers,but for the character himself.This means,that even if they made an Indy #4 with a 60-year old Harrison Ford,the audience would propably still like the film.But come on guys,Indy at his 60?! :eek: It's like...I dunno...watching a Matrix movie and seeing no sunglasses in it... :)

Magda

That could also mean July 4, 2007 or 2008. By then, I guarantee that we'll see Indy battling communists in a wheel chair and with a ventilator.

IndyBuff

temple of john said:
It's just insane that they don't see the urgency in getting this done. They are just lolli-gagging along thinking that Harrison is still 34 years old. I think if this talking goes on 6 months-1 year from now, the project will be scrapped.

I've been feeling the same way temple of john. Months and months just keep passing by and I feel like the longer they wait the greater the chance is that this film will not be made or will turn out to be poor. :(

Jay R. Zay

Indy said:
I've been feeling the same way temple of john. Months and months just keep passing by and I feel like the longer they wait the greater the chance is that this film will not be made or will turn out to be poor. :(

an interesting way of seeing it. usually, i would expect that a movie that takes its time in production, usually turns out to be better. and what two-and-a-half decades couldn't do to ford, a few months won't do to him either. relax, people. no need to get nervous just because the film won't be ready by july 4, 2006.

IndyBuff

Jay R. Zay said:
an interesting way of seeing it. usually, i would expect that a movie that takes its time in production, usually turns out to be better. and what two-and-a-half decades couldn't do to ford, a few months won't do to him either. relax, people. no need to get nervous just because the film won't be ready by july 4, 2006.

You've got a point there, but I'm still a bit worried about the project. I'd just like to hear about more progress being made. The news updates are so slow and something small like a script re-write only comes along every couple of months.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Everything is pointing towards summer 2007...unless they've been filming Indy IV and we just didn't know it.

San Holo

Aaron H said:
Everything is pointing towards summer 2007...unless they've been filming Indy IV and we just didn't know it.
What if Indy 4 has already been shot, and is in post production? Lucas and Co. love those practical jokes...it sounds like something they would do. Heres to hoping ;)

Jay R. Zay

San Holo said:
What if Indy 4 has already been shot, and is in post production? Lucas and Co. love those practical jokes...it sounds like something they would do. Heres to hoping ;)

but it doesn't sound like something they *could* do. ford can't buy a chewing gum without meeting 100 photographers. and what would all these people think if suddenly the whole indiana jones cast and crew (lucas, spielberg, ford and at least one of the possible scriptwriters) disappeared, came back a few months later and said they were just on vacation? and wouldn't probably some guys from the crew sell this information`? trust me, you'd probably be the first to know if they'd started shooting a movie that everybody has been looking for for more than 15 years.

IAdventurer01

Jay R. Zay said:
but it doesn't sound like something they *could* do. ford can't buy a chewing gum without meeting 100 photographers. and what would all these people think if suddenly the whole indiana jones cast and crew (lucas, spielberg, ford and at least one of the possible scriptwriters) disappeared, came back a few months later and said they were just on vacation? and wouldn't probably some guys from the crew sell this information`? trust me, you'd probably be the first to know if they'd started shooting a movie that everybody has been looking for for more than 15 years.

Who knows? They're professionals. :)