Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > General Indiana Jones Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 09-23-2012, 01:01 AM   #151
JediJones
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by russds
Listening closely that seems to be a different recording/performance of the ToD score. Would be nice to have a good quality recording of the music only. It sounds nice, with some additional music also.

Does sound like they might have rerecorded it, especially the part when the smoke fills the chamber, where they extended and repeated a section to make it last longer. I can definitely recall seeing other '80s television where they used pieces of film scores as music, but I can't recall the specifics.
JediJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:25 AM   #152
I, Don Quixote
IndyFan

Location: Evergreen Terrace in Springfield...Illinois? Idaho? Oregon?
My favorite was always Bart stealing the penny jar from Homer. And when Homer's Mr. Plow and when all the snow melts, the snowmen look like Toht and Dietrich.
I, Don Quixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:20 AM   #153
Montana Smith
IndyFan

The Pentagon storage room for highly classified records and artifacts in The X-Files Pilot:

is reminscent of a similar facility in ROTLA:

Only slightly more organized!
Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:28 AM   #154
paraiderfan
IndyFan

Armchair Archaeologist alert

Hey Gang,

ABC will be broadcasting the second episode of "Back to the Beginning" Friday 12/28 at 9pm. From the previews it looks like this will encompass the Ark of the Covenant. Also in the preview you will hear some familiar music in the background.
I saw the first episode last week and it was pretty informative and fun to watch. They probably could have spent a lot more time on each subject, but it was still a good show.

Enjoy
paraiderfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:58 AM   #155
WilliamBoyd8
IndyFan

ABC Television (Disney) was advertising "Back to the Beginning" this morning as
"The Real Indiana Jones".

WilliamBoyd8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:28 PM   #156
paraiderfan
IndyFan

Back to the Beginning

Yes it did. I saw that too. It was on Good Morning America. The show ought to be a good one.
paraiderfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:01 PM   #157
Moedred
Administrator

Misfits of Science

In 1985, it occupied the time slot between Knight Rider and Miami Vice on NBC. Here's the transcript of the second episode, "Your Place or Mayan." it's on YouTube, starting here.
Quote:
Billy's late archaeologist friend had a theory about the lost Mayan civilization; Gloria's graffiti artist friend has the apparent genetic memory of the Mayan language. Just the right ingredients to get 'Indiana Hayes' to take the Misfits on an expedition in search of the lost Mayan temple.

Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:27 AM   #158
IndyJames98
IndyFan

Phineas and Ferb the Temple of Whatcha doon, ferb and phineas are dressed in indy like appearal, doof is dressed like belloq. and isabella is like Elsa... and we call it a maze phineas is sapito and ferb is indy when they do the bag switch except with a key. and the Mummy episode they run away from a underground flood and boulder..
IndyJames98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:33 PM   #159
Moedred
Administrator

http://www.hulu.com/watch/485881
Community flashes back to 2008, with a quick mention of Crystal Skull.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:56 AM   #160
Montana Smith
IndyFan

In the second series of Strike Back (Project Dawn) Scott awakes tied to a chair with a bomb strapped to him. He says to Connolly, the evil IRA operator:

"I liked her welcome much better."

"I liked the Austrian way better."
Old 09-14-2013, 11:45 AM   #161
Moedred
Administrator

http://garycoleman.net/gary-coleman-...c-collins-1984
Gary Coleman – The Fantastic World of D.C. Collins (1984)

Old 09-21-2013, 03:01 AM   #162
Sakis
TR.N Staff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon
Also in an episode of MacGyver where he's asked to go find the Holy Grail he says "Indiana Jones already found it. I saw the movie."

MacGyver had many Indy references. I remember an episode where he had fallen in a den of snakes and he make a path of fire to keep them away and in another where he found himself in a booby trapped place of Incas origin and found some kind of treasure. It was corn if I remember correctly.
Sakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 02:06 PM   #163
IndyBr
IndyFan

In the first episode of the second season of The Walkind Dead, Daryl calls Glenn Short Round.
IndyBr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:26 PM   #164
Spurlock
IndyFan

If anyone watches the Big Bang Theory, the one that comes on will be about raiders of the lost ark. Sheldon's girlfriend will watch it for the first time and ruin it for him, so he tries to ruin something for her.
Spurlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:14 AM   #165
indyclone25
IndyFan

on this week's show "the goldbergs" the youngest child has a raiders of the lost ark poster in his room , not much of a reference but nice seeing the poster in a room like i had when i grew up in the eighties
indyclone25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:32 AM   #166
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

This is the thread I originally wanted.

A rather strong reference/homage/whatever that's been forgotten about by the fans here (including myself until earlier today) came from an unexpected source.

Xena: Warrior Princess did an entire episode spoofing Dr. Jones in their second season! Gabrielle became Janice "Mad Dog" Covington, Xena had become Mel, a demure Southern Belle, and that guy Ted Raimi played was doing his best Claude Raines impression.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis
The year is 1940. Dr. Janice Covington, a tough and determined young archeologist, is supervising work on a Macedonian dig. She and her men are searching for the key to unlock a tomb containing the ancient Xena Scrolls, the most important archeological find of the century, when Melinda Pappas, the daughter of a world renowned archeologist and a student in the field herself, arrives unexpectedly. Immediately set upon by armed thugs, Melinda is quickly rescued by Covington, who drives the trespassers off with her gatling gun.

Mel explains that while sorting through her deceased father's records, she found a telegram from Janice asking for help in translating ancient writings and has come to offer her services...

You can find the entire Xena Scrolls episode on Hulu Plus and Netflix's Instant View services. Subscription required for both, of course.
Le Saboteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:07 AM   #167
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Seems there is a Wiki page for everything:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Referen..._Indiana_Jones

Though the Wiki page certainly doesn't cover everything, as Le Sab's previous post proves!
Old 10-11-2013, 09:50 AM   #168
Montana Smith
IndyFan

In the first season of the Fantastic Four animated series, the episode entitled “The Mask of Doom Part II” (1994):

Under Dr. Doom’s castle is a booby trapped maze including a giant spiked rolling ball, at which Ben Grimm remarks, “Dr. Doom watched an Indiana Jones picture!”

Later on Reed, Ben and Johnny cross a rickety, treacherous rope bridge to get back into the castle. And once back inside they discover that Sue has been placed in a room which will reduce in size every eight hours until she's "very hard pressed."

In order to prevent her death the others must go back in time to ancient Greece "to find a certain artefact" (the Coffin of Argos) and return it to Dr. Doom.

Ben asks, "What's an artefact?" Which is odd, as we know he's been an Indy fan since Raiders!

Fantastic Four #241 (April 1982)
Old 09-26-2014, 01:27 PM   #169
TheFedora
IndyFan

Not sure if counts as a Tv reference, but Barnes and Noble has an Exclusive 3 Graphic novel set involving everyone's favorite Indy reference. You know...Derring Do from My Little Pony.
TheFedora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 09:23 PM   #170
Z dweller
IndyFan

Location: The old colonel was right - but he never even got close...
Showing now on ESQHD, an episode of Psych (detective comedy-drama television series) titled Indiana Shawn and the Temple of the Kinda Crappy, Rusty Old Dagger.

Never watched this before, but the main character is donning an Indy costume, whip included.
Z dweller is offline   Reply With Quote