"That's So Gay" Is a Dangerous Thing to Say

sunshinestate1992

barracca,
when you say :
am the one you picked on at school, the one that was beaten, spat on and totured mentally for the best part of 12 years.
I am the one who hid from society and myself because of how you made me feel.
I am the one who at the age of 13 considered taking my own life because of the pain you put me through.'''

Dude im sorry dont think its fair to say everyone is one of those guys who
are like that.

it shouldnt apply to every

YOU were not in the holocaust.people that are like you were in the holocaust.
by the way the mentally ill, gypses and slavs were also killed. the majority was jews though. Even the sick ass kkk killed jews blacks catholics and gays.
and about before i was being sarcasting when i said that if you mean it as stupid not as homomsexual. ive been ridiculed before and have been home crying...but i certainly have no idea what its been like for you ...i want you to know that

i hope you reply to this and im so sorry how people treated you.
i hope i make sense. if i dont sorry. if i have this all wrong please tell me.

Niteshade007 said:
I URGE you to find ANYONE who hasn't been picked on in their life. Someone who hasn't felt left out. Someone who hasn't felt depressed. It's impossible. EVERYONE, even those that made you feel awful, was made to feel awful by someone else, whether it be another classmate, a sibling, a parent, a boss, whoever, everyone has felt like you have felt.

The injustices you later describe aren't experienced by everyone, however, those awful cases of bigotry aren't related in any way to the phrase "that's so gay."

Also, as I said before, the phrase is used by TEENAGERS, not by adults in any conversation they might have, and certainly not used to demean those who are homosexual.

Absolutely.

You think you know hardship, barranca?

I don't even want to hear it. Having Jewish heritage, being small, being a good student... I was driven to the point of utter self-destruction.

The difference is I can look back and transcend those experiences. I was beaten and battered but I'm strong enough to recognize the overall inconsequence.

Let it go.

It's not worth letting yourself be brought down. They're just words. Words can be ignored. Physical assault on the other hand...

...been there, done that.

Niteshade007

barranca said:
Truly this will be my last words....

JUST KEEP KIDDING YOURSELVES GUYS !!

and by the way niteshade were you there when that happened ?, I don't think so, but I was and I know how it relates. But this is just the point I've been making, if you care to go back and read anything else in this thread.

You think I've never been picked on in my life? You think that I wake up every day and everything is perfect? You are mistaken. Someone using the term "gay" to demean you IS NOT the same as some kid using the term to describe a movie they didn't like.

Just because I wasn't there when you were getting beaten up doesn't mean that I haven't felt the sting of a cruel classmate. For that matter, however, I also have been the cruel one, as I'm sure you have too. No one is the victim 100% of the time, so stop treating yourself as one.

metalinvader

ResidentAlien said:
Not that the conversation was much better before...

No kidding!

The thread was inane to begin with...Maybe we can get Rambo to tear this threads throat out....Sound good,RA?;)

WillKill4Food

ResidentAlien said:
Not that the conversation was much better before...
Gotta agree there.
Personally, I'm tired of minorities, and I mean all minorities: blacks, Indians, Muslims, homosexuals, bisexuals (didn't say bi's), etc., trying to take over.
Laws are being made every day to bring the white man down. Job quotas, affirmative action, where will it end?
Almost every Presidential Candidate is a minority, on both sides. Yes, this is America, the "melting pot" of different cultures, but that means that we should acculturate, not be a country of thousands of little cultures that hate each other.

I'm sure Chuck Norris would be glad to help to. :gun:
And maybe even Harrison Ford...:whip:

sunshinestate1992

metalinvader said:
Or one of those Will Smith clean raps..(Family Guy reference of the day)
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uwyQkOBn4_o&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uwyQkOBn4_o&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

IndySeven

No Ticket said:
This thread is gay.

I have friends who are gay, and they use the expression themselves. It doesn't bother them. And their opinion is, any homosexuals it does bother should just get over it. It's just a slang term, completely unrelated to being gay. Which gay also means happy anyway.

It's the equivalent of "lame." Half the time when it's used, it's connection to homosexuality isn't even there.

I totally agree! This thread is so gay! I agree, just because one uses the term doesn't mean that they hate gays. I don't hate gays and I use the term all the time!

Canyon

barranca said:
I am the one you picked on at school, the one that was beaten, spat on and totured mentally for the best part of 12 years.
I am the one who hid from society and myself because of how you made me feel.
I am the one who at the age of 13 considered taking my own life because of the pain you put me through.

barranca, I am truly sorry to hear that you were bullied at school.

I am not gay but I was also bullied for many years at school. Why? Because I was small, unable to defend myself and the fact that I just wanted to get on with my work so I could leave with some half decent grades.

I am not homophobic and I have nothing against gay people, but the point I am trying to make is, yes, I did have many bad experiences at school, but I have not allowed these past experiences to turn me into a bitter person. ;) I understand your plight and I do sympathise, but at the same time, I feel that you have somehow allowed these experiences to sour your outlook on this subject. I sincerely do not mean this badly.

WillKill4Food

Canyon said:
I am not gay but I was also bullied for many years at school.
I understand your plight and I do sympathise, but at the same time, I feel that you have somehow allowed these experiences to sour your outlook on this subject. I sincerely do not mean this badly.
I have to agree here. Almost everyone is bullied in school. I have been bullied for many reasons in my school life and some of my best friends are people that used to bully me until they actually got to know me. We all sympathize, but you shouldn't let your past interfere with your future. We are all your friends here.:D