Where do you rank Raiders among all time great movies?

Where do you rank Raiders all time among all movies?

• Number 1 - It doesn't get any better

Votes: 15 48.4%
  • Top 5 - An all time classic, but not the greatest ever

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Top 10 - Great, but a few others outshine it

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Top 25 - I love Indy, but in comparison to other classics, he falls short of the best

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Below the top 25 - Great popcorn flick, but doesn't measure up to the masterpieces of film

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Ok, the general favorite of the Indy movies among people on this board is Raiders. But if you're making a list of the greatest movies of all time, where do you put Raiders of the Lost Ark? Most people would agree that it's one of the greatest because of what it did for adventure movies with it's terrific characters, great dialogue, unbelievable stunts, and so on. But where does it really belong?

I know this is extremely subjective, but I think it would be fun to get honest opinions from everyone, not just from the perspective of an Indy fan, but as a movie fan in general. If you have some movies ahead of it, tell us which ones and why.

Personally, I put it in the top 5, but not number 1. The Godfather is #1 for me, and after that it becomes a little muddled actually ranking the next few films that come to mind.

Crack that whip

Below the top 25 - Great popcorn flick, but doesn't measure up to the masterpieces of film

I think a movie outside the top 25 can still be a masterpiece. There's room enough for more than 25 cinema masterpieces in the world...

Dr. Wolfwood

Seems like I've got over 10 movies in IMDB that I've voted for full 10 points, so I cannot say that Indy is definitely in Top 10 - but Top 25 for sure! :)