New Indy 4 images from Monopoly

Snakes

The only problem with a neutron bomb is that it's not period correct. Then again neither was the zeppelin in Last Crusade.
I think people are uncomfortable with aliens and not the the Grail Knight and Ark because those are more supernatural in nature. Aliens are more science fiction, and don't really fall into the same category. I personally would be more comfortable with the title Indiana Jones and the Curse of Dracula than I would be with Indiana Jones and the Saucer Men from Mars. However, I think that if there are indeed aliens in KotCS, they will only be corpses or will be simply suggested to be alien.

WillKill4Food

MaxPhactor23 said:
But there is far more evidence supporting the existence of the Holy Grail and the Ark of the Covenant then there has ever been of extraterrestrial influences upon ancient civilizations. That’s not to say they exist, nor is that to say that if they did they’d have the powers their myths claim, but it’s almost undeniable that they‘re more believable then something like extraterrestrial involvement from a legitimate scientific perspective. From my perspective, believing in claims from Von Daniken and not in his true archeological criticizers would be like buying a National Inquierer and believing it over U.S.A. Today - that’s not to say they don‘t make up lies too but you get my comparison. If you'd chose to believe something like an ancient astronaut theory, or what I'd call more a hoax, by all rights you're allowed to, though it seems you don't. But for my side of things, I'd rather go with something a bit more...reliable. Or at least what I find to be more reliable that is. Coincidentally, I was just listening to a news program just last night that interviewed an archeologist who swore up and down he found a piece of the missing Ark of the Covenant. The man goes by the name of Tudor Parfitt. Interesting stuff, whether he’s utterly lying or not. Take it with a grain of salt.
Actually, I read your every word...
Naturally, I don't believe a word of Daniken's books (Chariots?, Gods from Space (or something like that), or Gold of the Gods). However, after seeing what I've seen, and even in some summary of what the movie s'posed to be about, it looks like his theories about ancients meeting aliens is somewhat of the basis for the film. Somebody incorrectly listed the Ugha warriors as Nazca warriors. The Nazca lines were a major topic, as were the MAyans, in all of Erich's work. He was an idiot, like I said before, but his theories seem to have influence on the movie, whether for better or worse.
As for the Ark's existence, I do believe in it. I don't believe that it was electrified using some prehistoric battery(cough...Daniken;) ), but I also don't believe Mr. Tudor's theory. I watched the show, too bad HC only showed it twice, but I think he got lost long after he left Sinai because he had a preconceieved notion about where the thing is. He'd spent time with the Zimbabweans and proved that they were somehow related to the Jews. He mentioned early on that it was possible for the Ark to exist in the form Biblically detailed using Egyptian gold, but that he didn't believe it. No reason given, just his belief.
So, the dude went off to Zimbabwe to find a broken sheel of a drum and said it was actually the Ark. This idea is preposterous! The Hebrew name for the Ark of the Covenant means Holy Cabinet, not Holy Drum. And there is evidence of things that look like the Ark.
But, as far as Archaeology goes, there is no Ark to be found and thus no proof of it's existence.

Back to Monopoly...
Again, just because we something in a certain context in the game doesn't mean that we will see it in that context in the film.
Snakes said:
The only problem with a neutron bomb is that it's not period correct. Then again neither was the zeppelin in Last Crusade.
And neither was the Golden Gate bridge in Raiders.

NamedAfterDaDog

Wow.
We see about a centimeter-in-width circle picture of a house and a fridge, from a preliminary board game picture, and we can make a 14 page discussion about it.
My, aren't we talented??? :whip:

Hangar 51 - Excellent. Just don't call it Area 51, and I'm good.
Arnie's Diner - VERY excellent. I can almost guarantee it'll be a sort of new "Raven".
Cemetery - Eh.. this is a bit worrisome. I don't like the idea of Indy fighting a bunch of... well, to put it in the straight sense, zombies. :sick:
Temple - Coooool. Looks like a very good successor to the temple in TLC, or the palace in ToD.
Doom Town - Oh.. er.... um...
I've never really read the Saucer Men From Mars, but seriously, if an atomic bomb goes off in an Indy movie.... :dead:
But if an atomic bomb goes off, I can very, very, very narrowly accept that.
But if he survives it by hiding in a refrigerator, when two cities in Japan were entirely wiped out from it, :gun: :eek: .

I rest my case. The movie looks like it's going to be another rip-roaring, adventure-soaked, action-packed, Indy-treated summer block buster.

That makes me happy.

Of course there's gonna be sooo many cheesy details, plot lines, etc., because Spielberg said it himself, "It's like a 50's B movie,", and those are cheesier than macaroni. Seriously.

It's going to have been bathed in nostalgia lines, scenes, and shots, but that's okay. If they use that to make a very good sequel, then we're cool. I have no problems, end of story.
If they execute this stuff to make this movie look like the gum I scraped off of my shoe today, Skywalker Ranch will have one less person in their population.
:D

xVendetta17x

The Cementary is going to be awesome!
It's not zombies that he's fighting it's three cementary warriors who are guarding the secret of the crystal skull
So don't worry about Indiana Jones and the Dawn of the Dead

tnswman

xVendetta17x said:
The Cementary is going to be awesome!
It's not zombies that he's fighting it's three cementary warriors who are guarding the secret of the crystal skull
So don't worry about Indiana Jones and the Dawn of the Dead

That's right!! Go back and look at the photo of my Cemetary warrior Figure card that I posted!! You can tel lthat these are LIVING people dressed as the dead....I would say that they hide among the bodies....which is FREAKING cool to think about..

My little cemetary warrior figure means a LOT more to me now LOL!! I bet people will be army bulding the CRAP out of him LOL!!

tnswman

xVendetta17x said:
Haha
That toy has revealed a lot of postive spoilers for us

And told me that ANYONE who want's Indy Movies to mirror reality is an IDIOT!!! You forget the reason why you LOVED Indy to begin with and you are just making yourselves miserable!!

You can pick it apart movie by movie, frame by fram and myth bust it al lyou want...the fact remains, They are movies that have NEVER been realistic, NOR will this movie be any different.. what HAS changed is that some of you have outgrown your ability to ENJOY!! And each of you like that are SAD!!

xVendetta17x

yodazone said:
Anyone think the "Gold fedora hat" piece in Indy Monopoly will fit on the Han Solo or Indy Action figures?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Probably not
But there's only one way to find out
I didn't notice those videos at first but they made me feel even more optimistic about this movie

torao

Moderator Emeritus
Mwuwhahaha....let's throw some oil on the fire:

HM: What can we expect in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull?

Ford: A definite connection to the previous pictures with actors and dialogue references, but it would be unfair to audiences for me to be more specific. There will, however, be references that my character has definitely aged since the last movie.

Oh well. We'll see. I think everything has been said about potential references (in the past seven years).

OmegaSeamaster

tnswman said:
You can pick it apart movie by movie, frame by frame and myth bust it al lyou want...the fact remains, They are movies that have NEVER been realistic, NOR will this movie be any different.. what HAS changed is that some of you have outgrown your ability to ENJOY!! And each of you like that are SAD!!

I have really high hopes for Crystal Skull, but I don't see how anybody should be bashing people who have some skepticism. We're adults whose tastes have become sophisticated, that's just life. Even as a kid, I thought the "Young Indy Chronicles" were utter crap because there was just NO WAY Indy could manage to meet every famous person of the time period. Gimme a break! I watched five episodes and quit the show.

We're talking George Lucas here, who has pretty much PROVED that's he's not the great storyteller or filmmaker he used to be. Just take the Star Wars prequels! Can anyone honestly say with a straight face that those movies are on equal footing with the originals (non-special editions)? I didn't have to nitpick and dissect every frame to know garbage when I see it. He took Darth Vader from a menacing villain and turned him into a whiny teenage brat. He took Frank Darabont's Crystal Skull script and didn't approve it when 'Berg and Ford loved it. Yikes.

Nothing is worse than when something great goes out on top of its game, then comes back for one more go round and it's a disaster. All people remember is how you went out, not how you came in. Jar Jar Binks made the Ewoks look like a stroke of genius.

To me, putting an alien artifact in this series is a complete 180, and it's going to take some damn fine storytelling to pull it off. I've seen nothing from Lucas recently to make me think he can do it. On the surface it's about as silly as having Lethal Weapon's Riggs and Murtaugh fighting terrorists in outer space. Remember "Moonraker" when Bond all of a sudden piloted a space shuttle and there was a huge laser battle? So sorry folks, there is a precedent for "going out of genre and sucking."

Enough griping, let's focus on the brilliant ideas.

I love the fact that we're in the jungle, we've got lost temples, we've got booby-traps, we've got Marion, we've got Harrison looking great, we've got tombs with hidden secrets, we've got Shia (who can act) and not Hayden Christensen or Jake Lloyd, we've got ravenous army ants, we've got Winstone and Blanchette...man...

Sounds like a kick-butt time at the movies to me. I'm withholding judgement until I've seen the goods, as we all should. But people have a right to be skeptical, and they have good reason to be.

Adamwankenobi

OmegaSeamaster said:
Even as a kid, I thought the "Young Indy Chronicles" were utter crap because there was just NO WAY Indy could manage to meet every famous person of the time period. Gimme a break! I watched five episodes and quit the show.

I always laugh when I hear that criticism directed at the show, because apparently the following are much more realistic: ghosts flying out of the Ark of the Covenant, people melting and a head exploding because of the Ark, an entire regiment of Nazis wiped out by the Ark, Indy surviving (or at least going unharmed) being dragged by a truck and then by a submarine, voodoo allowing a cult to rip people's hearts out of their chests with the person still alive afterwards, Indy and co. going at insane speeds in a minecar over lava and huge drops, Indy and co. outrunning a huge amount of water, an 800 year-old knight, a magic cup (Holy Grail) which gives eternal life, Donovan rapidly aging and disintegrating, and a fatal bullet wound erased by water. :rolleyes:

SterankoII

C'mon what's more believable today? Aliens or the Holy Grail? I'm Catholic and I believe in Jesus but even I have trouble buying the second one!

OmegaSeamaster

Adamwankenobi said:
I always laugh when I hear that criticism directed at the show, because apparently the following are much more realistic

Well, it was kind of a poor example! You're right.

Regarding "Young Indy," I think the main reason that I hated it was because I wanted to see adventure stories in the vein of the movies, and instead got something that felt like a school library learning series.

I always wondered if Lucas would ever show the jump from Sean Patrick Flannery's "edutainment" Indiana Jones to Harrison's tough adventurer who had no problem killing as a means to an end. I think Mr. Ewok Adventure wouldn't have ever gone there.

Was Lucas planning on having an episode where Indy kills for the first time and comes to terms with it?

"Indiana Jones and The Loss of Innocence?"

Darth Vile

Fact is that although 'The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles' look dated today (and I'm not a fan of the edited versions), they are still intelligent and well crafted pieces of television. Some people just want to see Indy fighting Nazi's with huge production value and expensive set pieces rather than a wordy history lesson, which is fine, but really the fault rests with those who have a preconceived/shallow idea of what Indiana Jones should be about...

I'll also level that at those who try and intellectualize their criticism of the Star Wars prequels e.g. it had bad dialogue, poor acting, not well directed etc (which may or may not be the case)... when what they really mean is that there wasn't enough explosions, fighting and general action for them to enjoy it?

WillKill4Food

yodazone said:
Anyone think the "Gold fedora hat" piece in Indy Monopoly will fit on the Han Solo or Indy Action figures?

:confused: :confused: :confused:
almost definitely not. the jack sparrow hat from monopoly didn't fit on his head bc the inside was too small in place and too big in places and you couldn't fix it nomatter how many times you rotated it.

OmegaSeaMaster said:
wouldn't that have been a good title for the episode where he loses his virginitus to mata hari??? ;)

Adamwankenobi

OmegaSeamaster said:
Regarding "Young Indy," I think the main reason that I hated it was because I wanted to see adventure stories in the vein of the movies, and instead got something that felt like a school library learning series.

I think that was the #1 reason most people didn't like it. Despite Lucas warning them time and time again, ABC still marketed the show as a pure action/adventure series.

But ABC (and many viewers) never seemed to understand that that wasn't the intent. The intent was edutainment, and it IMO accomplished what it set out to do. To quote Roger Ebert "It's not what a film's about, it'as how a film's about".

OmegaSeamaster said:
Was Lucas planning on having an episode where Indy kills for the first time and comes to terms with it?

That happened in "Verdun, September 1916" aka "Trenches of Hell".