Reused footage

Exulted Unicron

I've just finished watching My First Adventure again and I noticed something. At 3:32 on the DVD, when Indy and his family arrive at Oxford, it looks like a reused shot from London 1916. If you look in the background, it looks like you can just about see Indy and Vicky come down through Oxford on their bikes.

MDew

There is A LOT of that in the show. I've especially noticed how prevalent it is while doing film location research - the same locations keep popping up in multiple episodes! Then I realize the same extras are in the shots so all they did was digitally alter the signs, etc. Probably the most is in "Winds of Change" and other later episodes. Not to mention all of the establishing shots of trains they re-used, sometimes just flipping the image. They were really trying to keep it on a tight budget I guess...

Bahari

It's really incredible that they managed to make this "Tv-series" into real films!

I mean most "Films" are in no way, shape or form as wonderfully and masterfully, and.. fully produced as Young Indiana Jones.

This should be shown on the big screen!

Funny how the appearance of indy and Vicky in My First Adventure coincides with the line 'he said he had a surprise for me' some surprise.

"I've got a surprise for you Junior, I'd like you to meet YOUR FUTURE SELF!!!:eek: "

Stoo

Bahari said:
I mean most "Films" are in no way, shape or form as wonderfully and masterfully, and.. fully produced as Young Indiana Jones.
Bahari, while you are correct, I don`t want to burst your bubble but certain episodes had footage taken from other films and/or used colourised archival footage! I've personally spotted a mutlitude of cases. Check out this thread for more details: References to other films/TV shows in YI.

Indeed there are a lot of instances where footage was reused. Off the top of my head:

-During the final destruction of the train in "Phantom Train", a motorcycle explodes. It's a re-used shot of Indy's motorbike in the bomb crater from "Verdun/Demons of Deception".
-The Morocco portion of "Tales of Innocence" uses the same long shot of the coastal fortifications seen during the opening of "Phantom Train".
-The opening assault at Gaza in "Daredevils" has a composite shot of soldier signalling with flags. In the background you can see Indy and his Foreign Legion detachment on horseback from "Tales of Innocence" marching by in the background.

There are even more examples which I'll get to later...(just have to remember where they reappear).

Exulted Unicron

Another one I noticed. There was a shot of several frenchmen firing artillery. I believe it was first used in Trenches of Hell. It was later reused in the first half of Attack of the Hawkmen (Verdun biker) and again signalling rememberance day in Winds of Change