Historical People in Indiana Jones novels

Flannery10

The first time I read the books I wasn't really paying attention, but the second time I realized that Indy encounters several famous people during his trips, just as he did in the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles.

How many historical people did you find in the books? Please write their names down because I'm working on a guide on historical people Indy meets.
Looking forward to your replies:)

Johan

this will all be done for you when the Young Indy Movies come out w/ documentaries

Flannery10

I'm aware of the documentaries on the Young Indiana Jones DVDs, but now I'm looking for the historical people that appear in the novels. There are a couple but I'm not quiet sure if I found all of them. Those are the ones I found so far:

Peril at Delphi: James Joyce and King Constantine I
Seven Veils: Percy Fawcett
Genesis Deluge: Al Capone
Philiosopher's Stone: Vilhjalmur Stefansson, John M. Manly, Italo Balbo, Charles Rufus Morey and Nicolas Flamel
Dinosaur's Eggs: Walter Granger
Hollow Earth: Evelyn Briggs Baldwin and Roald Amundsen
Secret of the Sphinx: Albert Einstein (his name isn't mentioned but he seems to be the professor Indiana talks to at the end of the book)

U.S.Raider

There was that chineese emperor in Secret of the Sphinx(i forget his name), though he's dead. and Noah was in Genesis Deluge

Flannery10

Thanks for the replies guys, but I would prefer people that lived during the time Indy lived, like Al Capone or Albert Einstein. Any ideas?

Attila the Professor said:
Didn't Lenin or some such appear in the prologue to Genesis Deluge?

Also, when did James Joyce appear in Peril at Delphi?

He didn't (I just read that chapter yesterday...)

Indy just tells his old professor that some months before he had met James Joyce at the cafe they were in.

Flannery10

you're correct about james joyce and i was aware about him just being mentioned. but indy definetely encountered him, so I considered him a historical person Indy met

the historical person that appears in the prologue of genesis deluge is leo trotzsky, a russian politician. i didn't find him because Indy didn't meet him in person, but he appears in the book, so you're absolutely right, thanks!

montana

In secret of the Sphinx, Indy meets and aviator named Edward Musick, when he's flown of the island with a flying boat, if I recall correctly. He was working for Pan-Am in the 30's, and you can read about him on Wikipedia.

montana

He also met Nicholas Flammel, the 13th century alchemist. He met Italo Balbo, both in Indiana Jones and the Philosopher's Stone.

metalinvader

xVendetta17x said:
I thought Indy's encounter with Al Capone was awesome
One of the best moments in that book

Indy had encounters with Capone before ''Genesis Deluge" too.Capone was also in "Mystery of the Blues".

xVendetta17x

I didn't watch the Chronicles
Something about him being young has never really appealed to me
One of the reasons why I don't like the opening to Last Crusade