Captain America: The First Avenger

Snakes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0458339/

Apparently it is being made, although not for a while. While I'm not to happy with the title I am very, very glad that it's going to be set during WW2. Hopefully they'll try to make it more realistic and less superhero-y. I'd actually like to see it made similarly to Saving Private Ryan , only without the language and gore. If they make this movie right I think it could be really good.

TheMutt92

I agree w/ all your points. Though w/ the title I was hoping that they'll eventually flip and go w/ Captain America: The First Avenger instead of the other way around.

Tsar

lol, just the other day I was telling my friend I would want to see a CA film set during WW2.

Snakes

I think they should base the film more on Cap from The Ultimates series.

capwwiiqj8.jpg

074kr.jpg

TheMutt92

RaideroftheArk said:
That is a total miss cast. If he is smart, he would turn it down.

Who knows? Could turn out to be the most brilliant casting choice (but I do agree, not to be racist, an african-american actor playing a superhero plucked out of WWII dosn't feel right).

RaideroftheArk

TheMutt92 said:
Who knows? Could turn out to be the most brilliant casting choice (but I do agree, not to be racist, an african-american actor playing a superhero plucked out of WWII dosn't feel right).

Not to pick apart Will Smith...but he's not this type of actor...he could probably play a war veteran, but not this type...it's just wrong...and honestly, I think it would be too experimental for this type of character and maybe too much of a let down for the legion of Captain America fans who have been waiting for a decent Cap movie to come along. The movie wouldn't be about Cap and what he represents, it would be about Will Smith playing a part that was originally a white person's role.

I just think it would take too much away from the character.

RaideroftheArk

weaponx24 said:
I think Aaron Eckhart would be an awesome choice to play Captain America...That would be amazing!

He does have the look...but he strikes me as the type of actor that is done with the superhero field.

TheMutt92

RaideroftheArk said:
He does have the look...but he strikes me as the type of actor that is done with the superhero field.

You mean done w/ the super-villain field! Seeing as its just cleared up he'll never make it into Batman 3...

The Man

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/film/news/e3i2a6531019c4147a66237829f7fff5112

Joe Johnston has inked a deal to direct "First Avenger: Captain America," Marvel Studios' take on its classic comic book character. Marvel's Kevin Feige is producing.

No writers are on board, but the studio, which is hearing pitches, expects to hire shortly.

Kicking off with "Iron Man," Marvel Studios' slate of movies --including "Thor" and the "Iron Man" sequel -- is building toward an "Avengers" movie set for release in 2011, in which the characters from the films team for one big adventure. "Captain America" is scheduled for release May 6, 2011.

sandiegojones

Well, I was hoping (but not holding my breath) for Spielberg, but this is good. I thought JPIII was far better than The Lost World. It's really the WWII period stuff that's important. Based on "The Rocketeer" he should be able to pull it off.

Last edited: