Star Wars: The Book of Boba Fett

kongisking

featofstrength said:
Wha? They might wanna wait for the "Fantastic Flop." This guy only has 5 tv episodes and 2 features under his belt?

We should lock out rookie talent from making a big break for themselves directing a major blockbuster. That's how great filmmakers are made, yup. :rolleyes:

Finn

Staff member
kongisking said:
We should lock out rookie talent from making a big break for themselves directing a major blockbuster. That's how great filmmakers are made, yup.
My thoughts exactly when I saw the above sentiments. Unknowns are exactly that, unknowns. They're not good nor garbage before shown their work. Way the jump the gun, gang.

"Sir, the possibility of successfully creating a hit with a rookie director is approximately 3,720 to 1!"

Grizzlor

Well Kathleen Kennedy and J.J. Abrams and such are going to control the production process. The young directors for the standalone films are going to have to follow their lead. I see no problem with the choices.

kongisking said:
We should lock out rookie talent from making a big break for themselves directing a major blockbuster. That's how great filmmakers are made, yup. :rolleyes:

No, they make themselves...usually passing a test, whether it comes in the form of a sinking shark robot, or giant studio that wants to take away your artistic vision. Those are some big examples there, but we are all about "recapturing the magic" right? Just as long as we're playing it safe.

Grizzlor said:
Well Kathleen Kennedy and J.J. Abrams and such are going to control the production process. The young directors for the standalone films are going to have to follow their lead. I see no problem with the choices.

So the names don't matter as long as long as they adhere to someone else's vision? Sounds like the Star Wars George Lucas fought against long ago...before the diabetes ate his brain.

Last edited:

Grizzlor

featofstrength said:
So the names don't matter as long as long as they adhere to someone else's vision? Sounds like the Star Wars George Lucas fought against long ago...before the diabetes ate his brain.

Uh no, my point is that the director isn't going to make a film that doesn't jive with the overall picture. This is something that is done with the Marvel Studios stuff all the time, too, with all those crossovers.

curmudgeon

... I'm fairly certain the spin-offs aren't intended to "cross-over" with the new Episode films, Grizzlor.

They keep saying things like "the spin-offs will be separate from Episodes VII, VIII and IX," and that they'll explore "beyond the core saga" or "beyond the core characters and storylines of Episodes I - IX."

It sounds more like they'd be randomly-placed adventures or origin films.

Duaner

In news I saw today, it looks like they are pretty much confirming that the 2018 standalone movie will be about Boba Fett.

Grizzlor

Duaner said:
In news I saw today, it looks like they are pretty much confirming that the 2018 standalone movie will be about Boba Fett.

Boba Fett has been romanticized by fanboys, but in fact is NOT a character, and really never has been. The guy barely spoke in Empire or Jedi. What are we going to see? Either Boba turning bad, like that worked before with Anakin. Or we see a new set of characters battling Mr. Fett. That I guess could work.

Pale Horse

Staff member
I'd love to see how his relationship with the Hutts developed. And how the Hutts remained a 3rd party to the Black and White archetype of the Empire and Rebels/Alliance.

Duaner

I don't know that I necessarily like the idea. I love the character and want to see him again, but I don't know that he should be the central character of the film.

Pale Horse said:
I'd love to see how his relationship with the Hutts developed. And how the Hutts remained a 3rd party to the Black and White archetype of the Empire and Rebels/Alliance.

No one needs to see Ziro the Hutt's relationships develop.
Ziro-SWE.jpg

CANON.

Boba fett? Darth Maul?! Awesome! 2.5 hr movies base on cosplay wet-dreams!

Grizzlor

The Hutts? ROFL! One of the great things about Jabba was that for 20+ years he was unique, the only one. As soon as GL added a whole clan of Hutts, it became ridiculous, bad CGI aside.

Duaner

Moedred said:

Love the idea!!! I have always wanted a Han Solo adventure movie. My favorite Star Wars books as a kid were always Brian Daley's Han Solo trilogy. And being a fan of westerns, I like the idea of creating a "space western."

Now begins the speculation as to who plays the young Han. Any suggestions?

And please - nobody say Chris Pratt!

Duaner

featofstrength said:
Star Wars is already enough of a "space western." And would be more so if they stuck with Luke Skywalker as the lone Jedi.

Only bits and pieces of Star Wars would qualify as "space western." For instance, the Mos Eisley scene uses elements of the traditional western, but other than that, I would not call Star Wars a western. If you want true "space western" watch Serenity/Firefly or some of the original Star Trek series or go way back and watch Buck Rogers serials.

Either way, Han/Chewbacca/Lando/Boba Fett/Bossk likely lived a western style life prior to the Original Trilogy, so this movie could be downright awesome!