Indy Pistols

Embark

I have been searching around to find fireable replicas Indy used. The one im most interested in is the Webley Mark VI. But I have heard it is really really heavy. The feature I like about it is the loading style. Is there any close replica with the same loading style that is lighter? I'v heard the more reasonable pistol to get is the Smith & Wesson Hand Ejector, 2nd model. Any suggestions on these would be great. Thanks.

--------------------------------------
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. ~ Muriel Strode

Luckylighter

If you want a replica Webley, or a real Webley, prepare to empty your piggy bank. They go for a couple thousand dollars a pop. Check the online gun auctions, you'll see that they range anywhere from $2,000 to $5,000.

Eric Solo

Thanks VP

VP,

Thanks! I just ordered a Smith replica from Western Stage props. Thanks for the info.

Eric:gun:

Eric Solo

Western Stage Props

Their Smith replica looks ok except for the front sight. In the movie, the sight is silver and rounded. This one is black and wedge-shaped.

Viper

Cool, I'm going to buy me one of those Webley's. I only have 25 dollars though...

Wait!!

I just remembered, I am raking my neighbor's leaves this afternoon, for 40 bucks.

Cha-Ching!

JEEP

Actually the S&W from WSP resembles the S&W HE2 seen in most of the scenes wery well. The model with the rounded foresight and the grip without the gold medallions is only seen in the opening scene where Indy hands his gun to Belloq and in the scene where Indy packs his things before going to Nepal.

The Webley WSP sells is a MK IV the revolver used in Last Crusade is a MK VI - a much larger gun.

I have a Webley and a holster from WSP - they are quite nice, though none of them are wery screen accurate.

WSP_gun_holster_01.jpg

/Jakob

Viper

That's because in the movie Indy uses a .455 Webley MKVI, that is the MKIV, similar, but the grip and foresight are different.

Grant Lutjens

Finally a catgory i know and love!! Anything to do with
:gun: :gun: :gun: :gun: :gun: :gun: :gun: :gun:
Anyway. Just noticed something that struck me as odd a,dn (no offence) had to ask.
Umm. $2-5,000 for a Webley?
I rarely see a standard Webley (Non engraved.Not used by RAF etc. etc.) go for more than $600.
I myself am planning on buying one (even before watching Indy ;) )
Just one tip about buying a Webley.
Be careful what you get. The MK VI Standard are chambered to .455 Webley.
Almost impossible to find shells.... You can but they are extremely expensive,.
What I am looking at is a .455 CONVERTED to fire the US .45 ACP round.
You can find shells ,and because it was rechambered usually sell for less than a origonal.
Good luck on finding a gun! (replica or otherwise)

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Perhaps the price range was different three years ago when Luckylighter posted that?

Grant Lutjens

Its differant in differant area's as well.
Anyway. Sorry. Didnt notice that part was a year old. Last post was on the 8th. lol
Anyway. I jsut mentioned it because i am thinking of getting a webley ,and there seems to be a fair few around here.
I am going to a gun-show in a week ,and if one is a fair pice i may get one :D But.... then again i probably dont have enough ;)

Viper

As a 3 year airsofter, I don't reccomend that. There are only a couple of airsoft revolvers that look realistic, and they are pretty much all "Old West" revolvers, like Peacemakers. If you wantted to be like Indy on the Bantu Wind, however, you can get a fair quality 1911 Colt for less than 30 dollars.

Baron Brunwald

Viper said:
As a 3 year airsofter, I don't reccomend that. There are only a couple of airsoft revolvers that look realistic, and they are pretty much all "Old West" revolvers, like Peacemakers. If you wantted to be like Indy on the Bantu Wind, however, you can get a fair quality 1911 Colt for less than 30 dollars.
:eek: Link!?

scifiwolf

Thanks for the advice, Viper. I figured Tanaka's M10 would be preferable to Webley's rubber HE's, just because it's constructed of metal. I might also look into getting something else.

montana

Grant Lutjens said:
Finally a catgory i know and love!! Anything to do with
:gun: :gun: :gun: :gun: :gun: :gun: :gun: :gun:
Anyway. Just noticed something that struck me as odd a,dn (no offence) had to ask.
Umm. $2-5,000 for a Webley?
I rarely see a standard Webley (Non engraved.Not used by RAF etc. etc.) go for more than $600.
I myself am planning on buying one (even before watching Indy ;) )
Just one tip about buying a Webley.
Be careful what you get. The MK VI Standard are chambered to .455 Webley.
Almost impossible to find shells.... You can but they are extremely expensive,.
What I am looking at is a .455 CONVERTED to fire the US .45 ACP round.
You can find shells ,and because it was rechambered usually sell for less than a origonal.
Good luck on finding a gun! (replica or otherwise)

Hmm, not really into guns, but I´ve heard several people say that the converted Webley's accuracy really, really sucks.That's the real problem, when you buy the Webley. Either you go for original .455 and know hard-to- find-bullets will be very expensive, or you go for .45 ACP and you won't be able to hit the target. Personally I'd go for .455.
But either way, Webley is a notoriously bad shooter. The S & W 1917 (HE 2) would be a better choice for shooting. But then again, the smith doesn't have the style of the Webley, does it? And yes, you can easily find a Webley for around 600 bucks.