Paramount Logo and Mountain

scifiwolf

I think we can all agree that the transition from logo to location of the Paramount mountain is a nifty little tademark of the Indy films. It's a safe bet that it'll be in this one, too, so I came up with two points to discuss.

First - will the logo be the old, static logo from the previous films? or will it be the current version, with the stars flying in and encircling the mountain?

Second - What do you guys think the mountain could be? In Raiders and Crusade, the mountain was real, but in Temple it was a relief on the gong.​

With these two points in mind, what do you guys think we'll be seing for this film?

Blue Jay

oh man, i totally forgot about that....

Since it is speculated that the movie starts in morocco (maybe?) i don't see any mountains there, so i will bet that there will be some kind of logo on a truck or something, but not the real deal...

;)

Blue Jay said:
oh man, i totally forgot about that....

Since it is speculated that the movie starts in morocco (maybe?) i don't see any mountains there, so i will bet that there will be some kind of logo on a truck or something, but not the real deal...

;)

The Atlas Mountains are enormous and cover much of northern Morocco.

However, i'd wager they go more with the TOD idea and use something that isn't a mountain. I fee it'll be in an insignia on something - on the side of a bomb perhaps. Or maybe a flying saucer... :)

Indy1986

Well first of all i am positive that they will use the new Paramount logo....why using the old anyway? Indiana Jones 4 is 2007.
I am sure that the "mountain" this time will be some way like in Temple of doom. The Paramount logo that fades into a real mountain was already used twice (raiders and temple of doom) why do t again.
I like the idea of Temple of doom using that big gong. I am sure the logo will fade into a mountain that is printed on something like a newspaper or whatever or that the the logo fades into an object that has the same shapes like a mountain.

That leads me to an other quetsion. What about the "Indiana Jones" logo (big letters that turn form yellow to red)....it was only used like that in Temple of doom in the other movies they used normal font. I personally would love to see the tipical hot Indiana Jones font when the movie begins!

DarthLowBudget

Wasn't the "Old" Paramount logo already out of use by the time the Indy movies, (or Last Crusade at the least) rolled around?

I think for continuity's sake they should stick with the old logo, it would be one of those "chills" moments for me, as I am sure it would be for others.

No Ticket

I bet Spielberg has a clever idea we haven't thought of in mind. And I do think they'll use the new CGI Paramount logo with the stars. Unfortunately yes that means they'll probably use CGI in the opening shot of Indiana Jones 4.

But so what? It's just for the logo. It IS 2007. Well, it'll be 2008, but whatever.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
DarthLowBudget said:
Wasn't the "Old" Paramount logo already out of use by the time the Indy movies, (or Last Crusade at the least) rolled around?

I think for continuity's sake they should stick with the old logo, it would be one of those "chills" moments for me, as I am sure it would be for others.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's true, perhaps even at the time of Raiders. And it wouldn't be the first time an outmoded logo would be used in a film for effect.

The Whip

I bet Spielberg has a clever idea we haven't thought of in mind. And I do think they'll use the new CGI Paramount logo with the stars. Unfortunately yes that means they'll probably use CGI in the opening shot of Indiana Jones 4

But so what? It's just for the logo. It IS 2007. Well, it'll be 2008, but whatever.

[SARCASM]Exactly. And all the stunts should be cgi too. I mean with CGI you get really spectacular stuff like Tom Cruise jumping off of the helicopter in Mission impossible. Much better than the lame stunts of the Indiana Jones series.[/SARCASM] :sick:

Yeah, great point. I think that the first movie I saw with that new logo was Top Gun in 1986. Last Crusade came out in 1989 with the old logo.

This whole thing is a sentimental journey for Speilberg and crew. They will use the old logo. I would bet money on it.

scifiwolf

The Whip said:
[SARCASM]Exactly. And all the stunts should be cgi too. I mean with CGI you get really spectacular stuff like Tom Cruise jumping off of the helicopter in Mission impossible. Much better than the lame stunts of the Indiana Jones series.[/SARCASM] :sick:
Those stunts aren't CGI, they're composited effects, which all the Indy movies used heavily.

IndyJr.

There's two possibilities.

1: Use the older logo and just re-create it to make it a little bit less fuzzy.

2: Use the new logo just without the animated stars.

I'm going more towards the first idea.(y)

AHegele

I would spew my pants if i saw the old logo, though it should be noted that Spielberg introduced the newest Universal logo with another sequel, The Lost World. Before that film all universal logos had the simple static shot of the globe.

IndyJr.

AHegele said:
I would spew my pants if i saw the old logo, though it should be noted that Spielberg introduced the newest Universal logo with another sequel, The Lost World. Before that film all universal logos had the simple static shot of the globe.

Well that's different because that's every other Universal movie and then one JP movie... with studio movies in general a new logo will come eventually but Indy is different it's a series, not just random studio movies. It's been 3 that they've done that. Why mess it up now?

AHegele

well it didn't stop Lucas from bringing in the New Fox Logo's for Star Wars, and hes on board for producer. Hopefully Spielberg will use the classic shot, though in the bigger picture i suppose it is a bit trivial.

DarthLowBudget

If you'll notice, the logo used at the beginning of Star Wars is in fact not the same one as the current Fox logo. It uses the same design, but lacks the cheesy pan at the opening.

Joe Brody

scifiwolf said:
Because I only post in the spoiler section now.

Great. Bear in mind what may be convenient for you is not so much for the rest of us -- especially with regards to topics that have already gotten much attention and are well identified in the definitive speculation thread.

Vendetta08

I have to agree with Joe.

Anyway, I hope they find something else creative to do with the mountain like in Temple instead of having it turn into a normal mountain again.

Finn

Staff member
Joe Brody said:
Great. Bear in mind what may be convenient for you is not so much for the rest of us -- especially with regards to topics that have already gotten much attention and are well identified in the definitive speculation thread.
Yeah. So from now on, all of you, if the thread you're not going to make is not dealing with plot points, just use our spoiler-free Indy IV section. This is not the kind of convenience the spoiler section's here for.

Moved.