Lucas MAJORLY inspired by Hemingway's life??

tupogirl

I've been a Hemingway fan since I saw the first Hemingway episodes on tv, read a bunch of his books back then. I didn't really know his story though. Back then, I wasn't really into biographies though. I distinctly remember a conversation with a librarian about that!

I watched the documentary about him on the 'Adventures' and was just so saddened and blown away by his life.

He struggled his whole life with wanting to be macho enough and be a writer at the same time. He did a lot of hunting in Africa (made me think of Indy and Teddy Roosevelt!) and had a lot of crazy adventures. Outside of Indy and 'Ernie' fighting over a girl, that story is true. He did get shot that many times and he DID carry an Italian soldier to safety. And of course, lots of Farewell to Arms references. He did meet a nurse and fell in love with her, only to part ways forever when he was well.

Hemingway's birthday is only a few weeks after Indy's too.

Their generation was called 'the Lost Generation' by Gertrude Stein. After the war, he spent time in Paris with all sorts of eventually famous people, like F Scott Fitzgerald, Stein and others. Like CS Lewis and Tolkien and their 'Ink' group. If you travel, if you do certain work, yes you are going to have those experiences.

Ok, so where do I store my soap box here?;)