Star Wars Original Trilogy

The Man

wolfgang said:
Thanks guys! I better hurry up!Hmm...now that I think of it, oes anyone know if they are coming out on Blue Ray?

No exact date on the Blu front yet. In time, though...

jamesdude

the updated versions are way better in my opinion, besides one certian scene:

HaydenJedi2.jpg

Goonie

The good thing about the first DVD release is that it is a set of all three movies plus you get the fourth disc with the bonus "behind the scenes" features.

Goonie

Star Wars as... old TV shows?

These are brilliant, Star Wars cut-up to represent the beginning credit scenes of old 80s TV shows:

First up, an almost perfect shot for shot version of MacGyver done in the Star Wars universe:

In Stereo Where Available! (y)

Next we have Star Wars as Dallas:

How about Star Wars as... Airwolf!

First version: Rebels

Second version: The Imperials

(y)

deckard24

These are great! Man, they just don't make theme songs like those anymore.

I hope they do a CHIPS one next, and an A-TEAM.

Raiders90

Does anyone else prefer Episode IV to all the other films? It just has a simpler, more adventurous feel than the sequels. It feels like this amazing journey into a new world. Like a comic book or classic space fantasy novel on the Silver Screen. Empire is an amazing film storywise, but somehow everything seems smaller and less adventurous.

The Cantina Scene totally exemplifies what I mean about Episode IV.

kongisking

Raiders112390 said:
Does anyone else prefer Episode IV to all the other films? It just has a simpler, more adventurous feel than the sequels. It feels like this amazing journey into a new world. Like a comic book or classic space fantasy novel on the Silver Screen. Empire is an amazing film storywise, but somehow everything seems smaller and less adventurous.

The Cantina Scene totally exemplifies what I mean about Episode IV.

I consider it a wonderful, fun, jolly time. It's great precisely because, like Raiders, it wasn't trying to be a masterpiece. It just wanted to be a good piece of entertainment. Thus, it became a masterpiece of fun.

Whereas Empire...hoo boy, there's a film that tried to be an excellent sequel, and, astoundingly, became more than than. It became art.

AndyLGR

It was the 30th anniversary of Return of the Jedi Saturday just gone. Wow time flies, I remember the anticipation for this was huge, I couldn't wait. As a ten year old this ended up being my favourite SW movie.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
great Gary Kurtz interview (podcast audio also available)...
I remember one night [on Graffiti] when we were doing the drag race [scene] down the main street in San Rafael. The first night we were shooting that, when Harrison had been drinking a little bit, and I had a bit of a set-to with him, saying, ?We can?t have anybody drinking when we?re doing a driving scene at all. Don?t show up like this again,? and he didn?t. That was the end of that.
In the meantime, George had worked with Stephen [Spielberg] on Raiders of the Lost Ark. He was convinced by the end of Empire that it needed less serious stories and more rollercoaster ride. He changed the story outline for Jedi and we had a kind of mutual parting of the ways, because I just didn?t want to do another attack on the Death Star.

The original story outline that we had for the third film I thought would have been great. It was darker and it ended up with Luke riding off into the sunset, metaphorically, on his own. And that would have been a bittersweet ending but I think it would have been dramatically stronger.
I had some written materials somewhere. It was about how are we going to resolve the story of these three people; one of the discussions was about Han Solo?s character being killed in one of the raids in the middle of the story. Harrison wanted it to be that way. He wanted his character to end that way. So there was that and there was the princess having to take control of what?s left of her people, and be crowned queen.

But I think what happened was that there were discussions with the marketing people and the toy company. They said, ?Oh, no, you can?t do that. You can?t kill off one of your main characters. It?s too salable.? In a way that still happens today with superhero movies. There?s no poignancy anywhere. It?s just a lot of action. But there?s no threat to any main characters. I guess that?s inevitable in this kind of situation where nobody wants to lose anything like that that?s important.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
A bad lip reading of the trilogy.
With Jack Black, Maya Rudolph, and Bill Hader.