TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Indiana Jones Trilogy
User Name
Password

Old 05-13-2008, 05:23 PM   #51
UKIndyFan
IndyFan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbZfVYqdkbM

At about the 3:20 mark, when Indy is telling Mola Ram to meet Kali in hell, is it just me or is he distracted by something off camera? Its not that clear in this video but he glances to his right for just a second between dialougue

Also when Indy is running from the natives to Jock, I find that scene impossible. At the point where he first shouts to Jock he is too far away from the plane, for anybody to hear him. He carries on running a pretty long distance while Jock is finishing up his fishing. You have to see it again to understand :S
UKIndyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 05:29 PM   #52
Michael24
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKIndyFan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbZfVYqdkbM

At about the 3:20 mark, when Indy is telling Mola Ram to meet Kali in hell, is it just me or is he distracted by something off camera? Its not that clear in this video but he glances to his right for just a second between dialougue

I'll have to check that out on DVD later. It's hard to see because of the quality of that clip.

But I've always liked that shot of Mola Ram after Willie stops running and screams. It looks like he's thinking to himself, "Jeez, would you just shut up already?" LOL!!!
Michael24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 08:52 PM   #53
The Drifter
IndyFan

Location: The distant figure that walks the treeline. The man standing in the field.
I noticed this when I was a kid.
Look at the video UnIndyFan posted at the 00:16 mark. See how wide that river lookes?

Now slide the marker over to the 1:48 mark. See how narrow the river has become? Nothing more than a large stream!
The Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 09:41 PM   #54
HawkEagleWolf
IndyFan

I always thought that I noticed the OB-CP0 on the the Bi-Plane in Raiders, turns out not so much...:P

-HawkEagleWolf
HawkEagleWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 08:52 AM   #55
rhino
IndyFan

The one thing that I noticed and it has stuck with me since I saw TOD way back when is the kid in the cage with Short Round and Indy before they are to be whipped.
He speaks in a very accented voice telling them that he is praying and then when they talk to him he speaks in perfect un-accented english. "You become like them." I always laugh because the faces that Short Round and Indy give when he is talking always make me think that they are more suprised by his accent or lack of, during that part, than the story he is telling.
rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 10:44 AM   #56
God'sRadio
IndyFan

In LC when Indy is pursued in the boat chase, the warrior guy's sub-machine gun breaks open and the actor just looks at it, double take, for a second.

Here at 52 secs

And the stunt guy actually doesn't jump successfully into the boat from the dock in the first place, they cut as he falls off the back

Last edited by God'sRadio : 05-14-2008 at 10:51 AM.
God'sRadio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 11:34 AM   #57
Attila the Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by God'sRadio
In LC when Indy is pursued in the boat chase, the warrior guy's sub-machine gun breaks open and the actor just looks at it, double take, for a second.

I'm pretty sure the idea is that it has run out of bullets.
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 11:37 AM   #58
oki9Sedo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila the Professor

I'd have to second that.
oki9Sedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 02:13 PM   #59
bonoferox
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino
The one thing that I noticed and it has stuck with me since I saw TOD way back when is the kid in the cage with Short Round and Indy before they are to be whipped.
He speaks in a very accented voice telling them that he is praying and then when they talk to him he speaks in perfect un-accented english. "You become like them." I always laugh because the faces that Short Round and Indy give when he is talking always make me think that they are more suprised by his accent or lack of, during that part, than the story he is telling.

I always thought it was two separate slaves there.
bonoferox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 02:40 PM   #60
Billy Ray
IndyFan

In TOD, when Indy first sneaks down to the altar and grabs the Sankara Stones he tips his hat to a statue of a cobra...as he turns away, it appears as if the statue moves.

I thought I had made this new discovery after seeing it for my umpteenth time, but apparently I wasn't the first person to notice it:

http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=7715
Billy Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 02:47 PM   #61
Stoo
IndyFan

In the "Doom" title on the DVD, you can see the word "of" through Willie's dress.
Never noticed this in the theatre or the VHS.
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 02:48 PM   #62
InVader
IndyFan

I'm pretty sure when I watch raiders that I'm the only one of my friends to note that during the marketplace chase, one of the guys gets stabbed by one of his buddies and the next shot shows a Bad guy Shish Kabob with some apples nicely run through with the same sword . Oh, and I love to point out Indy and his diggers walking right behind Belloq when they're at the dig site at Tanis.
InVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 04:08 PM   #63
The Golden Idol
IndyFan

I noticed that Jock's two lines have two different accents. When he says "That's just my pet snake Reggie", he sounds English, but when he says "Come on, show a little backbone", he sounds American.
The Golden Idol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 04:40 PM   #64
The_Raiders
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Golden Idol
I noticed that Jock's two lines have two different accents. When he says "That's just my pet snake Reggie", he sounds English, but when he says "Come on, show a little backbone", he sounds American.

He sounds like a red neck to me when he says "Thats just my pet snake Reggie." I must agree with him sounding english for the other line thoufg.
The_Raiders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 05:42 PM   #65
God'sRadio
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila the Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by oki9Sedo
I'd have to second that.

No sub-machine on earth breaks open like that when the magazine is emptied.
God'sRadio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 06:00 PM   #66
nitzsche
IndyFan

Anyone mention that Mola Ram takes off his headdress twice before slipping into the escape door under the Kali statue?
nitzsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 10:31 PM   #67
Kooshmeister
IndyFan

Ronald Lacey's male-pattern baldness as Toht was apparently faked. When they're trekking across the island at the end, and he takes his hat off, you can see where Lacey shaved his head.

He has very dark hair so it's pretty obvious, but only in that scene. It's not obvious (or even noticeable) in the Raven shootout, probably because it's dimly lit whereas the island trek is in broad daylight.

Lacey himself was not balding, I don't think, since he had a full head of hair as Ikol in Red Sonja. I guess they just wanted Toht to be going bald for some reason.
Kooshmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 10:40 PM   #68
|ZiR|
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooshmeister
Ronald Lacey's male-pattern baldness as Toht was apparently faked. When they're trekking across the island at the end, and he takes his hat off, you can see where Lacey shaved his head.

He has very dark hair so it's pretty obvious, but only in that scene. It's not obvious (or even noticeable) in the Raven shootout, probably because it's dimly lit whereas the island trek is in broad daylight.

Lacey himself was not balding, I don't think, since he had a full head of hair as Ikol in Red Sonja. I guess they just wanted Toht to be going bald for some reason.

I thought it looked weird when they showed Raiders on USA the other day! How strange that they made him shave it; I wonder if they originally planned more scenes without the hat.
|ZiR| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 11:47 PM   #69
ValenciaGrail
IndyFan

Austrailian / Brooklyn Jock

Jock's two lines of dialogue in ROTL have always been a bit of a burr under my saddle...they were clearly dubbed by two different people:

Austrailian Jock:
"That's just moy pet snike, Reggie (Crikey!)"

Brooklyn Jock:
"C'mon, show a little backbone, will ya? (Ya got a problem with that?)"

Given the Yankees hat (and the name "Reggie" for the snake), I guess the real Jock is the latter...
ValenciaGrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 01:12 AM   #70
Salacious
IndyFan

I always thought I was the only one in the world who noticed Belloq eating a fly. Thanks alot Internet!!
Salacious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 01:28 AM   #71
Attila the Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by God'sRadio
No sub-machine on earth breaks open like that when the magazine is emptied.

It doesn't look at all as though it breaks open. It looks like it ran out of bullets, and he knows it, so he lowers the gun and sits down.

I also think that the character is supposed to fall off the back of the boat, and not properly make the jump.
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 01:58 AM   #72
Dust McAlan
IndyFan

For the longest time, I thought that Last Crusade had the biggest film goof ever: when Indy is looking down at the X in the library, you can clearly see it, but when he breaks through the tiles, it ain't there anymore. I only recently noticed that the X is indeed there, but very close to matching the color of the surrounding tiles, so up close it's almost invisible.
Dust McAlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 10:55 AM   #73
ReggieSnake
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValenciaGrail
Jock's two lines of dialogue in ROTL have always been a bit of a burr under my saddle...they were clearly dubbed by two different people:

Austrailian Jock:
"That's just moy pet snike, Reggie (Crikey!)"

Brooklyn Jock:
"C'mon, show a little backbone, will ya? (Ya got a problem with that?)"

Given the Yankees hat (and the name "Reggie" for the snake), I guess the real Jock is the latter...
Not necessarily two different people; remember Fred Sorenson is a pilot, not an actor. I think if anything it was a bad replication of accents by Sorenson. Also, accents kind of blend when yelling over an airplane engine; Words like my and snake could easily sound Australian if yelled, even when someone is not attempting a Brooklyn accent.

People seem to mention this a lot. It has never bothered me. I think he sounds distinctly American for both lines.
ReggieSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 12:08 PM   #74
MR Round
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salacious
I always thought I was the only one in the world who noticed Belloq eating a fly. Thanks alot Internet!!

I also thought this
MR Round is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 12:23 PM   #75
Ignatius Stone
IndyFan

In Last Crusade, I always thought the line where the German butler says "If you're a Scottish lord, then I am Mickey Mouse" really sounded dubbed, just the "Mickey Mouse" part. Listen to it again, and you'll notice it.

Years later, I found out that it was dubbed!

There were two alternate takes for that line, one where he says "then I am Jesse Owens" and one where he says "then I am Mae West".

They decided to go with Mickey Mouse because Lucas and Spielberg figured the kids in the audience wouldn't know who Jesse Owens or Mae West were.
Ignatius Stone is offline   Reply With Quote