"indianajones.com" website about to be mothballed ?

inky_skin

According to the WHOIS? lookup, the official site is about to expire...

Domain Name: indianajones.com

Created on..............: Wed, Oct 01, 1997
Expires on..............: Thu, Sep 30, 2010
Record last updated on..: Mon, Sep 22, 2008

Any thoughts on whether they'll renew / update ?

Lance Quazar

Renew? Yes, of course. It's still a valuable trademark/property.

Update? Unlikely. There's nothing to update it with!

indyclone25

Lance Quazar said:
Renew? Yes, of course. It's still a valuable trademark/property.

Update? Unlikely. There's nothing to update it with!
they will update when the blurays are announced

Lance Quazar

indyclone25 said:
they will update when the blurays are announced

I agree. Other than that....what?

Mark my words, there aren't going to be any more:

Films
Novels
Comics
Video Games
Toys
TV Series

Probably ever....alas.

(with the possible exception of a game or comic book in a decade or so...)

Yure

Even if they don't renew the domain (which I find VERY unlikely, that would be one damn good reason to be fired), usually the registrar puts a domain parked website. From that moment the legal owner has 30 (but may vary from registrar to registrar) to redeem the domain name with no extra fees other than the usual . After that, it will cost extra (in the hundreds of dollars, so in proportion, breadcrumbs), but the real risk is for the domain to be squatted, since it's immediately put for auction... so even in that remote case, don't think you can buy it cheaply, you would have to outbid George and Steven ;)

Forbidden Eye

Lance Quazar said:
I agree. Other than that....what?

Mark my words, there aren't going to be any more:

Films
Novels
Comics
Video Games
Toys
TV Series

Probably ever....alas.

(with the possible exception of a game or comic book in a decade or so...)

Your a glass half-empty kind of guy aren't ya Lance? ;)

Visiting that site the first time in a while, the last news they had was an auction of Indy's hat. I'm sure news like that will come once in a while.

Lance Quazar

Forbidden Eye said:
Your a glass half-empty kind of guy aren't ya Lance? ;)

Visiting that site the first time in a while, the last news they had was an auction of Indy's hat. I'm sure news like that will come once in a while.

I'm more of a "Boy, that glass of Orange Slice was delicious when I drank it. Oh, wait, they aren't making any of it anymore? Too bad. But, fortunately, there are plenty of over beverages to choose from. It would be silly for me to keep hoping in vain that they will restock the long-since defunct Orange Slice vending machine. I think I'll have a Sierra Mist instead. But, hey, there's this great Orange Slice forum where they discuss the drink, along with Orange Slice memorabilia and other sundry topics. I'll still hang out there as a pleasant time waster. But, I really am gonna crack open that Sierra Mist when I want my thirst quenched instead of waiting for the Orange Slice delivery truck that will never come." kind of guy.

StoneTriple

inky_skin said:
According to the WHOIS? lookup, the official site is about to expire...

Domain Name: indianajones.com

Created on..............: Wed, Oct 01, 1997
Expires on..............: Thu, Sep 30, 2010
Record last updated on..: Mon, Sep 22, 2008

Any thoughts on whether they'll renew / update ?

The Indiana Jones site has a link to an auction from this past April, so the WHOIS info on last update is way off. For all we know, it may have been renewed already.

There are many things they could post on the site, apparently DK Books has more kid stuff in store next year...sideshow collectibles is still putting stuff out. It's a shame really, and like Lao(and) Che(e) said, what a shame the Raider.net is running tweets instead of real updates.:sick: