Lost Indy Wave at Comic-Con 2011

tnswman

Rocket Surgeon said:
Anyone feel like predicting the price?

What have similar products been priced at the cons?

I'd guess $50-$60.

Folks, Please do a little researching about SDCC exclusives. You might get off easy with this. However, Most SDCC exclusives are rather expensive due to their high demand on the collector market.

I will be buying my3-4 sets through ebay and I expect to pay anywhere from $80-$200 a set. Hasbro SDCC offerings are usually cheaper than the others. However, we have no idea how limited or un-limited this set will be not counting the massive amount of dealers that will ( and I GUARANTEE this ) end up with more than their fair share of sets to pawn off on ebay.

So, Be excited, Wish for the best, but be ready to spend some $ just to be safe.

MrJinx

I have always felt that my Indy figures were incomplete without the last wave. The lost wave had the figures I remembered as a child. You cant display Indiana Jones without Toht. The scene where Indy fought the Mechanic was one of my favorite scenes in the movie. When I saw the announcement I got overly excited. I really hope Hasbro does a 30th anniversary style packaging from the original figures from 81.
Jinx(y)

Billy Ray

tnswman said:
What do I think? I LOVE IT! The COMPLETE lost wave fully complete and carded and a brand "new" Indy....It's the ultimate Indy with maximum posability, a new head, and lots of goodies.

Why wouldn't I love the news? It gives me a chance to display the finished figures beside of the prototypes.

As we talked about in the old days, Hasbro knew what they had here.

Just curious is all, hardly ever see you around any more.

Any thoughts on the Hot Toys Indy?
(**EDIT: NM, just saw your post in that thread)

tnswman

Now, that Vintage packaging idea is a BRILLIANT thought...Great call! Especially since we are getting a standard Indy.

Speaking of the Ultimate Indy. What does everyone want to see?

I want to see:
Two heads, one without a hat, one with.
Both Guns.
Gloved and un-gloved hands.

Other than those, they can use any of the accessories that came out with the Hasbro collection to round out the figure.

What about everyone else?

Billy Ray

I'm hoping he doesn't have the big, working holster this time around. Both guns would be awesome, but if they do that they'll probably just give him Spalko's gun vs a new sculpt...maybe they have a GI-Joe gun that's close to the Browning Hi-Power. Would also like to see the Headpiece, idol, torch, and of course both whips. Gloved an un-gloved hands would be cool as would the two heads idea.

michael

tnswman said:
Now, that Vintage packaging idea is a BRILLIANT thought...Great call! Especially since we are getting a standard Indy.

Speaking of the Ultimate Indy. What does everyone want to see?

I want to see:
Two heads, one without a hat, one with.
Both Guns.
Gloved and un-gloved hands.

Other than those, they can use any of the accessories that came out with the Hasbro collection to round out the figure.

What about everyone else?

Headpiece and the Staff of Ra to go with the Desert disguise Indy. Scale-size Sankara Stones for the (IMO) Best Indy Hasbro figure, the ToD Indy.

Ive never had any problems snagging comic-con exclusives from hasbrotoyshop.com...though there's always a first time, and Hasbro could very easily go back to being Hasblow

indyclone25

yeah hopefully if they have enough they will maybe let some go to the disney parks like in florida and california? would be nice to pick them up there in the indiana jones trading outpost?

tnswman

indyclone25 said:
yeah hopefully if they have enough they will maybe let some go to the disney parks like in florida and california? would be nice to pick them up there in the indiana jones trading outpost?

Has the Disney exclusive 7" TOD Indy figure hit the parks yet?

JimmyPSHayes

I.M.J. said:
You think GC will have any of these in-store, Jimmy? It might save me some mail order hunting if the markup isn't too much...
Hey I.M.J.! I left GCC almost a year ago now for greener pastures. I'd imagine that they'll have some though. Not too sure about the markup. Sometimes those were pretty fierce, but as everyone else is saying, Hasbro was never too bad at all.

tnswman

LOL! It's about time Hasbro gets some love. As a fan who was with the Indy toys from day 1, I have to say that Hasbro gave us one of the best "all-inclusive" lines that I could have hoped for. Did I want more? SURE!!! However, I was prepared from day 1 to not see certain low-selling figures like Marcus and various other figures. What we did get is a highlight of my entire Indy colletion topped with a very cool playset from my 2nd favorite Indy movie KOTCS.

Unless we get another movie, nothing will beat the build-up to KOTCS and the new Indy toys. I LOVED getting the early samples from Hong Kong and sharing them here. It will be very hard to beat those wonderful days.

indyclone25

Gobi-1 said:
While they're at it they should rerelease the Temple of Doom wave as well.
:whip:
the way i see it (cause in hong kongis where they are made available)on ebay they made them and alot of them are being sold from there. at about 10 dollars a figure , not a bad deal ,

Last edited:

Lance Quazar

michael said:
Headpiece and the Staff of Ra to go with the Desert disguise Indy. Scale-size Sankara Stones for the (IMO) Best Indy Hasbro figure, the ToD Indy.

It stands to reason that the "new" accessories will be items that were already in the works but never released. I seriously doubt we'll see alternate heads or hands.

I think the most likely candidates are headpiece and the Sankara Stones. IMO, those are what we really need to "complete" the line. Anything else, for me, is gravy.

(though a properly scaled Cross would sure help, too.)

Exulted Unicron

I'd love a set. But like normal, its an SDCC exclusive and thus, it'll be well out of my price range and highly limited. Shame really, cause I really want that dress marion, mechanic, satipo and toht

ChromiumBlue37

ChromiumBlue37 said:
My guesses for the kit-bashed Indiana Jones figure with accessories would include some of the iconic treasure in the 3 3/4 scale to the figures -

Chachapoyan Idol
Staff of Ra
Urn of Nurhachi's Remains
Sankara Stones
Cross of Coranado
Holy Grail
Crystal Skull

Whip Coil
Whip Lashing
Gas Mask Bag
Pistol
Shovel
Head with hat
Head without Hat
Variety of Snakes

See my above quote for my list of hopeful accessories. Hey, they did say there would be a LOT of accessories, right?