Star Trek 2009

Goonie

Nurhachi1991 said:
Spock Pwns Star Wars nerds.

You know, now at all the Star Trek line-ups this week, Darth Vader or a Jedi Knight will appear to flip the bird to the crowds.:rolleyes: :D

You know, I've watched that Triumph sketch numerous times now and it still hasn't gotten old. Classic.

Nurhachi1991

Goonie said:
You know, now at all the Star Trek line-ups this week, Darth Vader or a Jedi Knight will appear to flip the bird to the crowds.:rolleyes: :D

You know, I've watched that Triumph sketch numerous times now and it still hasn't gotten old. Classic.

Meh if that happens we will set phasers to kill!!

I know I love Triumph did you see the one where he is at comic con?

WilliamBoyd8

I read Susan Oliver's autobiography, she played the green "Orion Dancing Girl",
she said that she was most proud of starring in the "first Star Trek episode".

Most of the book was about her aviation experiences, she was a private pilot.

;)

Goonie

I guess the BK promo started. I read on another board that they have Kirk, Scotty, and one of the ships this week.:cool: But, learning from last year's Indy promo, every BK is different.

TheMutt92

Javier Bardem as Khan...?!?

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/startreknews.php?id=55122

CS: I'm on a one-man mission to plant the seed now. If you decide to revisit the character of Khan, two words: Javier Bardem.

Kurtzman: Oh my God!

Orci: Did you know we've actually mentioned that out loud as a possibility? What a great idea.

Lindelof: Come on. That's a no-brainer. That would be the most amazing thing ever. Who would even what to see these [new] guys then? That's the problem. You would just watch them for scenery.

Goonie

Anybody pick-up any of the BK promo stuff yet? I'm going to stop by there today. I read on another board you can get the drinking glass set for $6.99.

Nurhachi1991

Goonie said:
Anybody pick-up any of the BK promo stuff yet? I'm going to stop by there today. I read on another board you can get the drinking glass set for $6.99.

I saw the glasses today diddn't get one cause I did not have enough. I got a kids meal and got a scotty figure!

AndyLGR

I saw this film tonight, by no means am I a big Trek fan, I've seen all the films once and watched episodes of the original TV series over the years.

I really enjoyed it, it was much more fast paced than I remember the other movies being. The effects are awesome and the action was good, but mainly I thought the actors that came in to do the main characters really did a great job. You can see the mannerisms they had obviously copied from watching the original series, yet I thought they made the roles their own. Difficult to pick a standout when they were all good.

Obviosuly as you would expect there are many nods to the original series in this film, none more so than the red shirt moment.

My only gripe is I felt the villain didnt get enough screen time, but it didnt really detract for me. But overall this serves as a good introduction to what could be another series of movies for the Trek franchise.

It would be interesting to hear a full on Trek fans view on this film, how it ties in with the movie and series canon etc. I'm a big fan of Star Wars and I thought that in the main The Phantom Menace made a mockery of the events that came before in the original trilogy. As an outsider to Star Trek I thought this prequel worked really well, whereas The Phantom Menace did not.

Goonie

AndyLGR said:
Obviosuly as you would expect there are many nods to the original series in this film, none more so than the red shirt moment.

Woohoo! (y) An Ensign Ricky is in it!:D

EnsignRicky.jpg

QBComics

I saw it.

Amazing film. If your a fan of Star Trek, then go see it. If you aren't then go see it. It is absolutely amazing. 10/5. Gonna try to go again to see it in IMAX

(y)

caats

i saw it in IMAX. soooo great! every original series reference had me giddy. plus seeing the extra-red shirt guy bite the dust was perfect. his name was Olsen/olson in this one.

Goonie

Goonie said:
Ya, Spock gets to be in the spotlight this week.

Still a classic...

"Look who is here guys, look who is here..."(y)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pQj_bwMf7DM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pQj_bwMf7DM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I was hoping they would do this sketch again but with the Trekkies lined-up and have Darth Vader or a Jedi Knight flipping the bird to the crowd at the end.(y) ;)

Me and two other buddies were thinking of doing that to the local Trekkies. One person would've dressed up as a Star Wars character, another would've dressed-up as the Dragon Master with a Filet o' Fish (the geek from a different dimension), and one person with a dog puppet. :whip: :D

Last edited:

Nurhachi1991

Just got back from the theater. The movie was Fantastic!!!!!!! there were no complaints all the cast did a wonderful job and the movie kept the contiunity of the TOS era. Everything was great

I wore my Kirk shirt and everything hahaha