Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis Review

Quickening

Hey guys, been a while since I was on this forum. I just recently started doing a new series of game reviews on a fresh YouTube channel. I've just uploaded the first part of my Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis review and thought some of you might be interested in seeing it. Please watch in High Definition when YouTube gives the option. The second part should be up within the next couple of days :whip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VgDmC6RBWk

Attila the Professor

Staff member
I'm only 2 minutes in and I can say that this is the best video game review I've seen on youtube or anywhere else. You really take advantage of the format and put some work into it. (The exterior shoot is a lovely idea, and comes off very well.) Nice montage work early on too, with Monkey Island and the previous Crusade games.

Quickening

Attila the Professor said:
I'm only 2 minutes in and I can say that this is the best video game review I've seen on youtube or anywhere else. You really take advantage of the format and put some work into it. (The exterior shoot is a lovely idea, and comes off very well.) Nice montage work early on too, with Monkey Island and the previous Crusade games.

Thanks! I had made lots of game reviews on a previous channel but back then all I had to work with was Windows Movie Maker and a webcam. I eventually got a proper camera, a DVD recorder, a better PC and proper editing software so decided to start a fresh series of game reviews.
I'm always kind of nervous reviewing any Lucasarts games since they aren't known for their leniency when it comes to copyright so I won't even dare attempt to use tiny clips from the films or the Indiana Jones soundtrack at all.

Indy Geek

Hello I´m from Portugal and was born 700 years ago....:eek: (Sorry could resist, I´m a Connor MacLeod fan). Serious now, I was born in 1975 and I KNOW what are you talking about! I witness the those games from the beginning. I was a ZX Spectrum player, and check Monkey Island coming for Amiga, as for PC my first contact was also Prince of Persia, and then fall in love with Adventure games for PC with the appearing of Last Crusade!(y)

I know I´m talking too much, but this is kind of a sentimental issue to me, I love all the old adventure point and click(Lucas Arts (back then Luscasfilms games) and also Sierra).

All this to say that I love your review!!!(y) :whip: (Now I´m going to get me a tissue to wipe my tears of joy, Peace LOL)

PS: As for a Portuguese, I love the part when they go to Azores (Açores in Portuguese ;)

Bjorn Heimdall

Once I started watching I couldn't stop until I had watched both parts!:D It's a fantasic review and really brought back some great memories. I suppose the "retrospective"-part is a hint but maybe you should warn about spoilers in your info? There may be people out there who will play this for the first time on the Wii.
I remember back in those years I wanted the next Indy film to BE Fate of Atlantis! They could have followed it very closely and I would have been a happy man. The part from Iceland was cool since I am an Icelander (See nick;) )
Five stars, favorited, the whole thing! Hat's off to you sir:hat: