Emperor's Tomb graphics

Robyn

I got ET on ps2 and the graphics are horrible, one friend of mine says the graphics are much better on xbox and my other friend says they're both the same.. can someone tell me which one is right?

DocWhiskey

ET is a really enjoyable game if your an Indy fan and a gamer. If your both of those things, it's a must.

I rented it on PS2 when it was first released and I own it on Xbox.

Apparently the best version of the game is the PC version. It's graphics are sharper and it's far less buggy then the console versions. It's score from reliable game sites gets roughly a 7.8/10.

The Xbox version usually comes in 2nd. The console versions seem to suffer from a lot of bugs such as freezing up in certain parts, characters clipping into doors and walls, some muddy textures, and strange music bugs. The Xbox version of the game is indeed playable, but you may run into some trouble once or twice throughout playing the game from beginning to end. It roughly gets about a 7.0/10.

The PS2 version, though I don't remember playing it personally, has so many bugs that it's almost unplayable and flat out ugly. So you're not the only one. It's the worst version of the game roughly getting about a 4.5/10.

So the prettiest best version is PC all the way. But if you're not a PC gamer like me, I suggest the Xbox version if you could find one. The graphics are MUCH better on Xbox even though it does look dated.

PC:
2mo9pap.jpg

Xbox:
35mgqxt.jpg

PS2:
2nv9lif.jpg

Last edited:

Robyn

DocWhiskey said:
ET is a really enjoyable game if your an Indy fan and a gamer. If your both of those things, it's a must.

I rented it on PS2 when it was first released and I own it on Xbox.

Apparently the best version of the game is the PC version. It's graphics are sharper and it's far less buggy then the console versions. It's score from reliable game sites gets roughly a 7.8/10.

The Xbox version usually comes in 2nd. The console versions seem to suffer from a lot of bugs such as freezing up in certain parts, characters clipping into doors and walls, some muddy textures, and strange music bugs. The Xbox version of the game is indeed playable, but you may run into some trouble once or twice throughout playing the game from beginning to end. It roughly gets about a 7.0/10.

The PS2 version, though I don't remember playing it personally, has so many bugs that it's almost unplayable and flat out ugly. So you're not the only one. It's the worst version of the game roughly getting about a 4.5/10.

So the prettiest best version is PC all the way. But if you're not a PC gamer like me, I suggest the Xbox version if you could find one.

Thanks a lot! I'm gonna take the ps2 version back and get it on pc!

Grizzlor

At that time, PC games were a bit better than XBOX, if you had the latest and greatest graphics card (which often cost more itself than an Xbox). Xbox was better than Gamecube, though not a huge amount, and PS2 was the worse of the three, for any games.

Morning Bell

I actually thought the graphics in the PS2 version were solid. Not the best out there but good enough for the game and many of the characters and environments looked pretty good. Even Indy looked quite a bit like Ford and his movements were mostly spot-on.

Bjorn Heimdall

I don't remember bugs in my PS2 version, but it sure is one of the ugliest games I've seen on the system. There is one level especially (Istanbul or something? I haven't played it for a long time) where the horizon looks like cardboard just 10 feet from the player. It's hilarious. There are moments where the game looks good, I remember one of those:hat: Oh and the framerate is truly awful, maybe that counts as sort of a bug.

Didn't regret buying the game though, the gameplay is a lot of fun.

Finn

Staff member
DocWhiskey said:
I wouldn't quite agree with this statement. Apart from the outlandish ability to whip-swing midair, the gameplay is certainly fun... but the story is s**te. Whoever wrote the script of that game must have been paid in bananas.

James

The biggest problem with the Xbox version was the framerate. You would swing through a stained-glass window just as the Raiders March would kick in, and it would be absolutely perfect. Perfect, except for the fact that the game couldn't handle these cinematic moments, and the gameplay would suddenly begin stuttering like crazy.

The game's pacing was also uneven. When it found its groove, it was very fun and true to the films. This was primarily during the action-heavy portions of the game. Unfortunately, much of it was built around Tomb Raider-esque platforming. There's a reason we don't see Indy climbing up KOTCS' waterfall in real time. It's very dull and brings everything to a complete halt. And God forbid you actually slip and fall back down to the starting point. I'm still hoping for an Indy game that actually begins with a prologue like the films: Short and sweet. Not 8 or 9 levels of platforming, culminating in a finale where you spend twenty minutes swinging on a series of chains. :(

If Staff of Kings gets the pace right, I can easily overlook the graphics. I've really never understood why clipping is such a dealbreaker for many gamers. Then again, I can still enjoy stuff like Atari and NES whenever I find it online.

UIMJ

I just picked this up last week myself. I nabbed the PS2 version and I run it on my PS3

For a PS2 era game, the framerate here is actually pretty good. However, the PS3 upscaling does nothing for this game at all, and it doesn't look natural in widescreen. Does anyone know if this had the ability to run in 480P on the PS2, or was it always only 480i? Graphically, it is a bit blurry with slightly out of focus fonts; and backdrops tend to bleed a bit. This is ironic because the textures on Indy's coat are pretty fantastic actually!

I'm not sure how the load times were on the PS2, but they are fairly quick on the PS3. The gameplay itself is fun, although contrived of your standard 3rd person, behind-the-back camera style game. The story itself seems to be standard Indiana Jones fare when it comes to the chase of a less-than-stellar item. I'm okay with that though because to me, this game represents a standard Indy adventure whereas the Grail and the Ark the pinnacle of Indy's career.

I love the sound effects for the gunfire though - taken straight from the movies. The voice acting is surprisingly good so far as well!

Dark Horse

I got the PS2 version recently. I enjoyed it for what it was. I think it is much better than people give it credit for.

The Drifter

Indyfan4ever said:
Hey guys...I'm playing the 'Staff of Kings' now, but I'm really interested in this game. I was wondering if any of you know if this game can be played on an XBOX 360? I really appreciate your responces. Thanks Again!

-IndyFan4Ever:gun:
http://www.youtube.com/user/AtticProductions08

It seems that it will play on your 360.
Here's the list, and Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb is indeed on there.
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm

bennihana123

I have it and play it on the 360. Does anyone else have a problem with the sound/music when playing it on the 360? I always thought it was because of a problem when they ported it over so you could play it on the 360, but I'm not sure.

dr.jones1986

bennihana123 said:
I have it and play it on the 360. Does anyone else have a problem with the sound/music when playing it on the 360? I always thought it was because of a problem when they ported it over so you could play it on the 360, but I'm not sure.

ya i have the same problem with the sound and music when i play it on 360...kinda takes some of the fun out of it.