Indiana Jones Quiz

Junior Jones

VP said:
Oh yeah now I remember. I read it from a Finnish YIJC comic.

Is that a 12-part mini-series adaption of the first season? If so, I've got the American version.

I noticed an interesting difference between the TV series and the comic book: Old Indy doesn't wear an eyepatch. I wonder if that was a last minute addition during filming, or if Lucas just didn't bother to tell the publisher about it.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Yep. This one, only with Finnish text:

comic_08.jpg

They put two stories in one issue so in Finland we only have 6 YIJC comics. I have two of them, the first one and that.

Gilles V

Administrator Emeritus
VP, the comic you are refering to shows the exact same scene.
I've compared the scene in TV episode and the same scene in the comic, they're identical. Except for the eyepatch. :)

Stoo

This thread must not die, so....Question #11:

Where did Indy meet Harry Houdini?

Junior Jones

Stoo said:
This thread must not die, so....Question #11:

Where did Indy meet Harry Houdini?

This is a great question!!

Step 1: The bookends to The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles episode "Germany, 1917". Old Indy is arrested for assaulting a disrespectful young punk and is taken to jail. As the arresting officer walks away, Old Indy says, "I'll be out of here in an hour! I knew Houdini!"

Step 2: In Young Indiana Jones and the Daredevils of the Desert Indy meets some soldiers from Australia and claims to have visited their country (although we never saw it in the series). At one point he says, "It was great. Actually I flew an airplane with Harry Houdini."

This is all the information we have from official Lucasfilm sources. However, I was intrigued by these hints and did some historical research on my own, reading several biographies of Harry Houdini. From the information gathered, I was inspired to write a fanfic, which can be found here.

Enjoy... (And Stoo, thanks for the opportunity to mention my story.)

Stoo

Junior Jones has gone above and beyond having the correct answer!
Very well done - you deserve a prize...

Your website is unique and features the most complete Indy timeline
out there. The Melbourne story is well done but I've yet to finish it
(since I was more intrigued by "Instruments of Chaos" which I'll get to
on the Video Games pages). Nice corresponding research on Houdini!

Stoo

Here's one that may have more than one answer:

What is the name of the Jones' housemaid / cook?

Stoo

There is no stumping Junior Jones as the good man is correct. Two questions:
Is it Mrs. or Miss? I'm wondering if she's in the unreleased "Princeton, 1919"
episode. Do they have a housemaid in Utah in the Random House book series?

Here's a multi-part question:

What university did Henry Jones, Sr. attend and name at least
2 of his colleagues.

Junior Jones

Stoo said:
Is it Mrs. or Miss? I'm wondering if she's in the unreleased "Princeton, 1919"
episode. Do they have a housemaid in Utah in the Random House book series?

I'm going with "Mrs." but I'm not 100% sure on that. The only episode she actually appeared in was "Princeton, February 1916', which is the first part of Spring Break Adventure on video. I included her in my story Princeton, 1905 as well.
I don't know if she was still around in 1919. I don't think she appeared on screen, but someone must do the cooking and cleaning. (I can't imagine Henry, Sr. doing it.)

There was no housemaid mentioned in the Random House book series, but then again, the Joneses didn't spend much time in Utah.

Stoo

Find The Feline

There is a cat in "Raiders of the Lost Ark". Does anyone know where it is? I do.:p

(Speaking of Miss Brenner, she could be on the patio when Indy is walking on the roof in "My First Adventure".)

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Stoo said:
Bingo! Yeah for VP (and oki9Sedo)! Hope your army stint is up soon. Enjoying it?;)
He's afraid of Indy!:eek:

In 1936, how many children does Sallah have?

"Why didn't you find a nice girl to settle down with and have nine children like you friend, Sallah?" - Marion Ravenwood.

According to the Ultimate Guide, Marion Ravenwood was born March 23, 1909. Are there any sources that say otherwise or confirm this?

bonoferox

Violet Indy said:
"Why didn't you find a nice girl to settle down with and have nine children like you friend, Sallah?" - Marion Ravenwood.

According to the Ultimate Guide, Marion Ravenwood was born March 23, 1909. Are there any sources that say otherwise or confirm this?

She says 8 or 9 kids ;) Could be either, or she may just be throwing a number out there since she thinks he has a ton and we have no idea how many he has.