Fisticuffs

San Holo

In your opinion, what was the best fight of the trilogy. Have any of you been in any brawls lately? I like to box once in a while;)

Paden

If you're talking about a straight fistfight, my personal favorite would have to be the fight between Indy and the German mechanic in Raiders. If you mean the best overall fight sequence in the trilogy, I'd tend to favor one from Raiders there too: the battle between Indy, Marion, and Toht's henchmen that results in the destruction of The Raven. My favorite moment is when Indy and the Mongolian thug he's been struggling with pause to shoot the German that Toht has ordered to kill them. The audience sees the German's demise by way of his shadow cast on the wall. A very cool touch.

roundshort

The whole Cairo fight was great, but yes the German Mechanic is the best. Indy really needs more straight up fist fights the other two were lacking this.

IndyBuff

I like the Cairo fight and the battle on the Nazi plane. The fight on top of the tank in Last Crusade was great and a personal favorite of mine is in Temple of Doom where the mine cart slowly comes up and casts light upon Indy, looking angry and tough. A moment later we hear some punches thrown and see a Thugee go flying across the room. That moment is pure Indy.

I thought all of the fight scenes in the films were well staged and hopefully Indy IV will continue in this tradition.:whip:

Joe Brody

Just to add some flavor, I'm gonna say the fight with the Tough Sergeant on the Truck. It's the greatest because Indy's going at it after having gone through so much, most notably the fight with the mechanic.

TombReader

That's a good one.The look of anger and determination on Indy's face says volumes about what he's been through up to that point and what's at stake.Slamming that dude's head into the dashboard was an act of pure rage on Indy's part. :mad:

roundshort

Man, I must have been huffing model airplane glue again, I totally forgot about the ToD fight! I lvoe that fight. The scene with Indy in the light, is pure Indy, probably the best in the series, but not really a fight, like When K.O.'s the ticket taker in LC, but yes the Giant Thuggee (also the German) is great. Still think the German takes it.
The speed and determination is perfect after he comes through the window in the truck in RotLA, as it is not your typical Hollywood fight, he has the upper hand, and takes it, if you have seen Unleashed with jet Li, a true bad ass, he has a quick 2 second fight, which out of context reminded me of Indy Kicking the German Sgt. ass.

San Holo

The whole truck sequence was awsome, especially when Indy swung through the window and kicked that german out of the driver seat. I also like how Short Round put the hurt on that little fairy prince. :cool:

Paden

Joe Brody said:
Just to add some flavor, I'm gonna say the fight with the Tough Sergeant on the Truck. It's the greatest because Indy's going at it after having gone through so much, most notably the fight with the mechanic.
What I find compelling about that particular sequence is what it reveals about Jones' character (something easy to miss when you're wrapped up in the action). It really illustrates Indiana's dogged determination and unwillingness to yield to defeat.