Shia LaBeouf in Indy IV

Dr.Sartorius

HollyW00d said:
Heh I just beat you guys to it, I posted a new thread since it was official.

I don't really consider it official since the previous articles considered it "official" then too. Also nothing is really "offical" intil press releases from Paramount are released.

effin

I think he is actually a great actor. I think things could be much worse.... imagine indy with a 10 year old son all jake lloydish and such. shia will definately win people over.

deckard24

Well it does look like all is well in Indy land! Official news like this whether or not it's about Laboeuf makes me encouraged that IJ4 will happen. I really haven't seen the guy in much, but I am interested in Disturbia. It looks kind of like Rear Window set in suburbia. David Morse is always good, especially as a bad guy! Now I didn't see it mentioned he was Indy's kid, just in the movie. As for the kid angle I don't see a resemblance either. But I also never saw one for Phoenix other than mannersims.

Dr.Sartorius

I think we should take note this is now the third official bit of news we've gotten.

1) Harrison Ford is starring (didn't see that coming :rolleyes: )
2) May 22 2008
3) Shia LaBeouf is OFFICALLY in the movie

Hopefully Winstone and Blanchett will be up on the official site soon also...

torao

Moderator Emeritus
Some folks really seem to have become kind of paranoid... ;)

The "we're excited to bring Shia into our Indy family" thing is funny.

The fact that this really happened the day of the release of dreamworks' DISTURBIA.....is probably pure Hollywood.

KDuncan

LeBeouf is typecast as "Holes" for me. Any news is good news, but I was still hoping Indy 4 wouldn't have to have a son or daughter. It's like trying to redo Shortround except now Indy's kid can do more of the stunts for him. I want an Indy movie, not an Indy's kid movie, but I'm just happy the thing's going to be made after all.

deckard24

The father/son thing has been done before with LC. It does seem like Spielberg can't not have that somewhere in his scripts. But, it does make sense that Indy would at some point have a kid, with all the women he has flings with. I wonder sometimes why the Indy story just can't stand on it's own without the kid scenario, but it does seem like they are aiming for real closure to the storyline, and or a potential for "son of Indy movies.,

scifiwolf

Shia has shown incredible talent and range, from drama to comedy, and I think he will fit right in with George and Steve's "Indy family."

IF he's not Indy's son, I think he's a great choice.

IF (BIG IF) he's Indy's son, I think he's a great choice. Look at the pic from the offcial website:

20070413.jpg

Very good likeness of Harrison's Indy - he has the look, not only physically, but also the personality within the facial features.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Ink is drying on the deal right now...looks like the new script scrapped the daughter and replaced her with a son. I withhold my thoughts on this one.

Johan

Just be thankful it's Shia and not Haley Joel Osment. Can you imagine?
"I see dead Nazi people"
258262_400.jpg

Avilos

Adamwankenobi said:
Son of a *****. They just screwed over TYIJC. :(

How have they done that? Where did it ever show on Young Indy that he never
had a son???? Just because we see him having an adult daughter in the 1990s. does not mean he did not have any other children in his long life! All of the details of Old Indy's life were very vague. So there is no reason that anything in this movie will contradict those Old Indy scenes. Unless they would outright kill him.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Aaron H said:
looks like the new script scrapped the daughter and replaced her with a son.
I have to trust they know what they're doing, having tried it both ways. I just hope they didn't make the sex change becuase Lucas has some statement about male relationships he didn't adequately make in Star Wars 1-3.

Professor E

I do like the kid. My gut feeling is that we will see Indy (Lebouf) in his 20's. Perhaps when he was an apprentice of Abner Ravenwood. I know that SPF was in his 20's when doing Young Indy but I did not see many of the episodes. Also, is it known if Abner had a passion for a particular item?