Indy-Cast Trivia II

Marion can be heard whistling "A British Tar" after she was done "cleaning up" aboard the Bantu Wind...The illustrated screenplay notes that Marion is whistling, but not what she is whistling.

Indy Trivia LII

Which two songs from Temple of Doom does Stephen Spielberg describe as the only music in the world effective enough to knock the hat off Indiana Jones? head?

Last edited:

The Drifter

Rocket Surgeon said:
Which two songs from Temple of Doom does Stephen Spielberg describe as the only music in the world effective enough to knock the hat off Indiana Jones? head?

"Anything Goes" and "The Thugee Chant"?

Montana Smith

I know the answer is in Spielberg's liner notes to the Temple of Doom soundtrack album, but I can't find the text anywhere!

Too fiendish for me, Rocket!

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
That's exactly where you can find it...

Found it!

"Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom" is as much a replica of, as it is a departure from, "Raiders of the Lost Ark." Musically, all of the familiar marches are back, tracing the heroics of ace archeologist Dr. Indiana Jones from the turbulent streets and dark alleys of 1935 Shanghai, to the sweltering jungles of uncharted India, at which point John Williams, the maestro of movie magic, and we the audience take an unexpected detour to the far side of fear and fantasy.

In this section of the adventure, all comforting themes vanish, and we become lost in the inner sanctums of The Temple of Doom with a secret voodoo cult thought extinct for one hundred years. This sinister setting offers John leagues of musical opportunity, and he makes a feast of it in one of his best film scores ever.

In attempting a "further adventure" neither John Williams, George Lucas nor I wanted to retrace our steps. This is a shiny new story with heroines, sidekicks and villains you've never before seen. And John Williams has composed new themes for each of them.

I am especially proud of John's "Short Round's Theme" and the nightmare choral chant in The Temple of Doom. These particular sections of the score could be the only music in the world effective enough to knock the hat off of Indiana Jones' head.

- Steven Spielberg

Also found this .pdf of Film Score magazine volume 8, with an Indy featrure at page 12:

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/backissues/viewissue.cfm?issueID=82

Indy Trivia LIII

What song in Last Crusade confirms Lucas? vision of an archaeologist adventurer too scruffy to settle down, a playboy who oddly proclaims: "I don?t like fast women."

Extra Credit for discovering where in the film it can be heard?

Last edited:
Man! You jumped on that one pretty quick...didn't even leave time for anyone else to squirm!:)

It's heard on screen one other time though...

Stoo

The lyrics to that song are actually quite sad if you think about them...:(

Someone else can have a go at the 1/2 Extra Credit.

(Going to go listen to some Van Halen right now and you know the reason why.);)

Stoo said:
Someone else can have a go at the 1/2 Extra Credit.
Despite online assertions that The Imperial March is heard at Donovan's Home, it is in fact the same piano rendition of Just A Gigolo which is heard aboard the Zeppelin.

Stoo said:
(Going to go listen to some Van Halen right now and you know the reason why.);)

Me too, maybe all I need is Beautiful Girls...(y)

Last edited:
Indy Trivia LIV

Where does Kevin Smith, known for his Star Wars tributes, finally give Indiana Jones his due through of all characters Silent Bob?

Last edited:
lguerra said:
IT in dogma when he throws ben affleck of the train an turns to the guy on the train and says'' NO Ticket'';)

Nice one...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wjKuS7b2NjA&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wjKuS7b2NjA&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

...AND Aflac gets thrown off a train!