Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Lon

Anyone see this yet? I saw it last night and absolutely loved it. They are three for three with this series. I think Azkaban is the best one yet. It's the "Temple of Doom" of the Harry Potter franchise.

I really think the Harry Potter series is this generations Star Wars/Indiana Jones. Harry Potter is a rich universe filled with wonderful locations, characters, creatures, vehicles, weapons, costumes just like Star Wars and a strong male lead character with a sense of good and on his way to accomplish great things just like Indiana Jones.

Lon

These "rules" are very confusing. I posted this on the Off Topic board because there was a Quantum Leap and an Alien thread. So any non-Indiana Jones movie belongs here, regardless if it is considered a classic?

Strider

Yes I saw it! It was miles better then the first two. It was dark, it had depth, and it made people in the theater scream. It was very good. Even if you hated the first two you'll probably like this one.
Still... It dosen't beat the book. I don't think anything really could. It's a damn good film though! :)

grumpus

I dont really think any of the movies will beat their books. I havent acutally seen it yet, i can find anyone who wants to go. I cant wait because I love the books.

grumpus

same here Strider, same here. but what are they supposed to do about actors? i mean they cant put movies out that quickly for them to stay in the characters they are playing. but this might be for another thread

Lon

I don't think there's a problem with the actors. They're filming Goblet of Fire now for release around Thanksgiving 2005. The actors are still within a year or so of the ages in the book.

Plenty of actors have played teenagers when they clearly were not. Tom Welling, who plays Clark Kent on Smallville, is 27 years old and Clark will be a senior in high school when new episodes this fall.

As long as the actors want to do Harry Potter movies, let them.

Ooh, Harry Potter 3 was a great movie! I think Cuaron did an amazing job with it, really revitalized the franchise (in my opinion, the first two movies were not exactly up to par). This was darker and more emotional, and thus much better than its predecessors. Ron and Hermione, as well as the adult actors, were all great- however I don't like Dan Radcliffe's portrayal of Harry. I don't think this kid has got much acting talent, only the Harry-esque looks.
Of course none of the movies could ever be as wonderful as the books, but this film was well done as far as movies go.

I

Indy's_main_man

The werewolf CG ruined the whole movie for me. It was going so well too.......

The books are so full of information. I think these could work better as a miniseries with hour long installments every week.

Shaft

I thought this third instalment to the harry potter franchise was exceptional....though it was rather horrific. generally because of the werwolf affray....

Strider

I agree that the werewolf wasn't to great, but all thoughs creative shots in the movie were excellent. That scene of the bird being crushed by the womping willow was very well done!

VP

Moderator Emeritus
No spoilers please. Use the spoiler -tag.

The Prisoner of Azkaban is Azkabanin vanki in Finnish.