Lucky France, poor Asia?

tocksic

Out of pure boredom I went to indianajones.com and clicked on all the different language versions via the flags at the bottom. Besides the fact, that compared to the main us/international version they all suck, I found something weird:

For one thing the poor Indy fans in Japan and Vietnam have to wait until June 26th and June 27th for a KotCS release in their countries.

But what is more ... interesting ... and was like a slap in the face for me: French will see the movie 1 day before the rest of the world! Indiana Jones et le Royaume du Crâne de Cristal hits the french cinemas on May 21!

I hate the french!

:p :whip:

edit: Oh and poor Finn has to wait until May 23. :D

At the moment I am really thinking about a train-ride to Paris (wich would take about 6 hours) and then I just have to find a cinema where they show the english-original. :D

Finn

Staff member
tocksic said:
Oh and poor Finn has to wait until May 23.
What? You haven't heard? All members of the Raven upkeep have been called to the grand premiere. Red carpet, here I come!

Or then, I could just DL a pre-release copy that's bound to hit the web two weeks before the premiere. :p

Gilles V

Administrator Emeritus
tocksic said:
I hate the french!
Not just the french, my friend!

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull will also be released a day earlier in Belgium!
muahahahaaaa (attempt at evil laughter)!

New films always get released on a Wednesday in Belgium - and apparently the same goes for France, Egypt & Morocco.

Stoo

Awesome! The French border is a 1 hour train ride from where I am in Neuchatel, Switzerland.
Looks like a trip to Belgium is in order this coming May!

Thanks, Gilles, for the "heads up".(y)

TheLastCrusader

Gilles V said:

New films always get released on a Wednesday in Belgium - and apparently the same goes for France, Egypt & Morocco.
Hey, I'm also Belgian. Ben je ook van Vlaanderen? Ik woon ik Gent ;)
We're very lucky to see Indy a day earlier :)

QBComics

Gilles V said:

Lucky..:gun:

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
tocksic said:
But what is more ... interesting ... and was like a slap in the face for me: French will see the movie 1 day before the rest of the world! Indiana Jones et le Royaume du Crâne de Cristal hits the french cinemas on May 21!

I hate the french!

Don't worry, I'll post the screener on eMule for you guys! ;)

(Note to George: don't send your lawyers, I was kidding).

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Australia will be seeing it on May 22, however we are a day ahead of most of the world so technically we're seeing it a day ahead.(y) Mind you, we saw NT2 two days ahead of the states coz everything here gets released on Thursday. We tend to either get movies that way or we get them a couple of days later like Spider-man.

Indy4fan

What's the time difference in Europe with U.S.? Isn't the 21st, the 22nd in U.S. so technically it will be released on the same day?

Note to Finn: What do you mean by red carpet!? I live in L.A. and I would love to do press coverage for the raven.

tocksic

Indy4fan said:
What's the time difference in Europe with U.S.? Isn't the 21st, the 22nd in U.S. so technically it will be released on the same day?

Note to Finn: What do you mean by red carpet!? I live in L.A. and I would love to do press coverage for the raven.

No. It's the same day. Germany and France are 6 hours ahead of New York and 9 hours ahead of Los Angeles.

Finn

Staff member
Indy4fan said:
Hook, line and kitchen sink? No way.

nzlc

Actually new zealand gets it first on the 21st because new zealands the first country in the world to see the new day so we get it first,midnight premiere here i come

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Not sure what Finn's trying to say here, but the ticket's are definitely legit. Why do you think I've been so well-behaved on The Raven all these years? I knew those were in the pipeline and so I needed the promotion.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Indy4fan said:
Got it covered. (y)

That is if they allow the press.:cool:

Zorg

tocksic said:
edit: Oh and poor Finn has to wait until May 23. :D

But the biggest injustice to us Finns is that even our dear neighbor Sweden gets it on the 22nd. Some poor souls have to wait until the 23rd, including us, Iceland, Italy and such. Why, oh why?

Well, I do hope there's a midnight showing, so I can catch the movie as soon as possible. Finn, you don't happen to have an extra ticket to the red carpet? ;) :D

Finn

Staff member
Zorg said:
Well, I do hope there's a midnight showing, so I can catch the movie as soon as possible. Finn, you don't happen to have an extra ticket to the red carpet? ;) :D
Sure, I have. But let's see your staff ID first.

LVskywalker

I remember watching a preview of "Revenge of the Sith" on the 18th of May and not on the 19th, which was the official release-date. I hope the same will happen with KotCS, and will be able to watch it on May 21st, or on the midnight premiere. :)

Spikes & Lava

Well, I've written postcards to Spielberg's agent and Lucasfilm in an attempt to get a copy down here before the station closes for the winter. Unless it gets here by February 15, I won't be seeing KOTCS until sometime I get off the Ice in November...

Finn

Staff member
Spikes & Lava said:
Unless it gets here by February 15, I won't be seeing KOTCS until sometime I get off the Ice in November...
Well, unless you're on dial-up, there's this one way no one's really supposed to talk about...