Indy 5 progress: Boardworthy yet?

IndyJr.

Ok, not exactly a demand... but you know a board would be kinda nice. ;) :p

Ok, fans, come here and request a board be made!

Attila the Professor

Staff member
I think we'll wait and see what happens in this respect after, y'know, we no longer have two full (and messy, messy, messy...) tables about Indy IV.

IndyJr.

Well personally, the way I see it, all movie sites usually have a board about future films (just in case)... and in the case of Indy 5, we have a hint that there WILL be one... and besides... we don't have to have it written down in IMDB for it to be ok to make a board. ;)

Besides... a whole bunch of Indy IV board threads are about Indy 5 anyway... mods... take a hint :p

Attila the Professor

Staff member
IndyJr. said:
Well personally, the way I see it, all movie sites usually have a board about future films (just in case)... and in the case of Indy 5, we have a hint that there WILL be one... and besides... we don't have to have it written down in IMDB for it to be ok to make a board. ;)

Besides... a whole bunch of Indy IV board threads are about Indy 5 anyway... mods... take a hint :p

I'm not speaking for the team when I say this, or in what I said above, but while it is possible and even probable, I wouldn't count on it in the next week or so. There are still, after all, those who haven't even seen the new film, which has been out for less than a week. And, of course, it should go without saying that no matter what decision is reached, the effect of imdb.com on said decision will be either minimal or non-existent.

The Man

Do the architects of this forum eventually plan to move Skull into the current Trilogy folder, making it a Quadrilogy?

LostArk

The Man said:
Do the architects of this forum eventually plan to move Skull into the current Trilogy folder, making it a Quadrilogy?

Something like:

Indiana Jones Quadrilogy
Discuss Raiders of the Lost Ark and its prequel & sequels.

That'd be good :)

Attila the Professor

Staff member
The Man said:

Obviously, we can't tell everything that might happen, but for the foreseeable future, we anticipate that the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull conversation will be of such high density that it would simply overwhelm the discussion of the trilogy. Clearly enough, that's what would happen now. Should that change at some point, then perhaps they'll be merged, but I wouldn't expect it for quite some time.

The Man

How long was the Indy 4 folder up before the movie was confirmed? We're talking years, aren't we?

No Ticket

The Man said:
How long was the Indy 4 folder up before the movie was confirmed? We're talking years, aren't we?

Well, Indy 4 had been rumored for quite sometime before The Raven even existed.

The Man

No Ticket said:
Well, Indy 4 had been rumored for quite sometime before The Raven even existed.

It must have been murder in that folder when Lucas threw out The Darabont Draft...(y)

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Why not make the case by gathering all the quotes where the filmmakers left the door open for Indy 5? Provide links, please. I'll help when I have time.

The Man

Moedred said:
Why not make the case by gathering all the quotes where the filmmakers left the door open for Indy 5? Provide links, please. I'll help when I have time.
Exhibit A:
Lucas: "I haven’t even told Steven or Harrison this, but I have an idea to make Shia the lead character next time and have Harrison come back like Sean Connery did in the last movie. I can see it working out. And it’s not like Harrison is even old. I mean, he’s 65 and he did everything in this movie. The old chemistry is there, and it’s not like he’s an old man. He’s incredibly agile; he looks even better than he did 20 years ago, if you ask me."

Ford: "I have no cheeky answer for [that]. I just work here. I'm glad to work here. Till they tell me otherwise, I will continue to be Indiana Jones."

Shia: "I know Harrison would love to. I know that Harrison, when he's 80, will still be jacked. Is there going to be an 80-year-old Indiana Jones? No one can say never... I know if it's received well, that's a pretty definite indicator. If it's received well, I don't imagine they would stop making them."

Last edited by a moderator:

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Exhibit B, from Spielberg in Vanity Fair:
I quite liked Frank’s script, but George and I had a disagreement over it, and George and I have always agreed to agree. So when we take each other’s temperatures, if I really am passionate about something, George will give in to me, and if George is really passionate about something, I’ll pretty much go his way. And in this case George was passionate that this was not the story he wanted to tell at this point in the Indiana Jones saga.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Exhibit D, sort of a mixed bag, from April 29, 2005:
Hollywood: Is it true that there may be a younger person in this, poised to take over?
Lucas: "It's possible. Not really to take over."
Hollywood: But someone to create new movies with?
Lucas: "No, it wasn't meant to be that way. But I guess that's a possibility. It's really to wrap it up."
The Man said:
Wow, Spielberg said he'd do Indy 5 "only if you want more. That's why we made this Indiana Jones. We'll certainly have our ear to the ground to hear what happens. That'll decide were we go from here." The beards are listening...

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
From USA Today...
Having proved over the weekend that he still cracks the whip at theaters, Indiana Jones' next mission may be the search for the next sequel... few movies take in that kind of money without already having a sequel in the works. So far, though, there's no solid plan — a situation the studio that distributes the Indy films, created and produced by George Lucas, hopes changes soon. "I don't know if George is interested in another," says Rob Moore of Paramount Pictures. "But if he is, we're going to pick up the phone in a hurry."
But Lucas pours a little cold water in the same issue.
"I guess if I found an object for him to go after, we could do the sequel. But it took me 20 years to find the last object, so I don't know whether that will ever happen... After the success of the first one, we decided to do these only if they're fun to make and have a good story behind them. We don't need to make these for the money. The idea has to come naturally."