How soon after Indy 4 will Indy 5 rumours start?

fedoraboy

I'm seeing May 22nd 2008 as the final destination in a decade long journey to get Indy back on the big screen, but perhaps,instead, it will be the start of the Indy 5 journey?

I'm fairly certain Indy 5 will never happen, at least not with Ford attached, but once Indy 4 has been and gone, and we've all seen it on the big screen a dozen times and reflected on how good/bad it was, will our hope, our obsessive hope, turn to waiting for an Indy 5, will Lucas and Spielberg tempt us with throwaway comments about there being just one more adventure for Indy?

Personally, I certainly hope not, I've had enough of blind hope, it's payed off this time but I wouldn't want to go through the decades of development again...

Baron Brunwald

It depends on how good the ending is I think. If the ending is satisfying then I think it'll be a year or two, but if Indy dies or something then I don't think we would be getting any rumors.

James

There will always be rumours/hope among fans, just as there is for every franchise. But as far as Spielberg/Lucas starting the rumour, I don't think they will.

Indy 4 will bring a great sense of closure for all concerned, and I'm sure they will welcome it. They know they took far too long getting the film to the screen, and I also doubt they'll want to invite the constant question of, "When will we see Indy 5?" :eek:

The only chance for Indy 5 will be if they already have something definite in mind, such as back-to-back sequels. Everyone (not just Ford) is getting too old to realistically wait around for another 5-10 years while they try to put something else together.

Dene

As there's no chance whatsoever, surely most people will realise this.

We're lucky we're getting this one, let's not push it!

For years, people talked about a fourth Back to the Future, but as it very definitely said 'The End' at the close of Part III, I never believed in it for a second. And after what we've been through on Indy 4, I'll never believe we're getting another one of those either...

Unless of course the movie becomes so unwieldy they release it in two parts -- hey, it's happened before!

Actually I wouldnt put it past them,they could film two films at one time,just like Lord of the Rings was shot. If I was part of the Indy team thats what I would push for. It would have to be an exceptional script though and quick follow up release dates like Quentin did with Kill Bill Vol 1 then 2. Bada boom.

Finn

Staff member
Indy V?

Personal opinion aside, it depends a little. If IV is a financial success, <i>and</i> it gains a bunch of follow-up genre movies trying to ride on its success, sooner or later there's going to be another of the original (likely with recast) to take the viewers "back to good".

Such is the way of Hollywood.

JK_Antwon

Finn said:
Indy V?

Personal opinion aside, it depends a little. If IV is a financial success, <i>and</i> it gains a bunch of follow-up genre movies trying to ride on its success, sooner or later there's going to be another of the original (likely with recast) to take the viewers "back to good".

Such is the way of Hollywood.

to true, if the money is there, they might, but I doubt Ford could do another.. so it would be an all new cast.

fedoraboy

oki9Sedo said:
Its taken them almost 20 years to get Indy IV out....do you really think Indy V could ever happen?

My original post was concerned with RUMOURS of Indy V, not the liklihood of Indy V. Will we be getting an Indy V section here on the Raven to chart the throwaway comments of Ford, Spielberg and Lucas.

If the movie does well there is bound to be pressure to extend the franchise further, for good or bad. Look what happened with the Lector franchise following the release of Hannibal - they waited 10 years for a sequel/prequel to lambs and we ended up getting three in the space of 6 years. I'm not saying this will happen to Indy - I hope not - but there is BOUND to be speculation and hence rumours...

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
If I don't hear them say 'last,' 'final' or 'one more,' I'll know they're keeping the door open for 5. I also expect Lucas to at least script Star Wars 7, 8 and 9 in his lifetime.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
fedoraboy said:
will Lucas and Spielberg tempt us with throwaway comments about there being just one more adventure for Indy?
If either slipped "one more" into a comment it would be no throwaway. But they have been vague about what's next. It's still too soon, remember, Indy is supposed to risk death on May 22. Maybe in June.
fedoraboy said:
Will we be getting an Indy V section here on the Raven
It's got my vote... :)

Dr Jones

In my thoughts, as I've read various times in numerous articles and also heard on screen, I could only take Indy V if Spielberg, Lucas and Ford were all involved.

2 is good, 1 is worse, but you just can't have that Indy movie without all 3.

No doubt there WILL be rumours and what ifs, but I just want Indy IV to settle my thirst for adventure and for me to leave knowing Indy has once again let us share just one more of his many adventures!

:D

blueseattle

I think it could happen.. easily. I would have enjoyed a 90s Indy film though. It should have been:

Fate of Atlantis
Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
(Next one could be Darabont's script) Haha.

We all know how tight-lipped Lucasfilm are. Who says there isn't another script in the Lucasfilm archives, sealed in a crate marked Top Secret?...

bergstrom

I hope it happens, but no Shia. maybe leave marion out this time or else have a quick scene of her wishing hem well as he eads off somewhere. And yes, the 3 majors must be involved. I would presume Koepp would get first crack of the whip (excuse the pun!!) as regards scriptwriting duties.

Berg

Mickiana

I really wouldn't have a clue either way, but personally I would bet there will be an Indy 5, mainly because I want it to happen.