How soon after Indy 4 will Indy 5 rumours start?

seasider

I think Indy 4 is the last movie with Indiana Jones as we know him. The fact that Lucas and Spielberg are not ruling out more Indy is what is really fueling the rumor mill. As we all know, Lucas is not one to leave well enough alone when it comes to resurrecting a popular franchise. I think George does have something up his sleeve but we won't know until after the movie is out.

yodazone

Hopefully the announcements start on the following Monday after Indy sets the weekend Box office records.

Same way like they announced Iron Man 2 after it's weekend premiere.

Stallone's already prepping work for Rambo 5.

I could see an Indy 5 fast-tracked easy...(especially if it crosses the 300 million domestic mark)

(y)

Shortie

I don't anything will beat S-M3's weekend box office any time soon, but I think Indy will be in the top 10.

peterlally

The official site says Shia the beef stars for THE FIRST TIME IN AN INDIANA JONES MOVIE

Well so does most of the cast but they dont play on it. Im sure Indy 5 has either been made but not announced or is planned for quick production if 4 is a smash. Its business after all.

Legendary Times

peterlally said:
Im sure Indy 5 has either been made but not announced

Impossible. Such a development would've never been kept under wraps. Not in this day and age. Remember, not even the two sequels to Pirates of the Caribbean were filmed back to back (some months passed in between shooting schedules) - the only case I remember when sequels were filmed back to back was back in the 80s, Back to the Future II and Back to the Future III. In both cases, however, the press and the public knew that two movies were filmed at the same time.

eroc

Indy 4 is going to be so big at the box office, they would be silly people not to pursue a new trilogy. from what has been posted about the novelizations ending, it would seem they are setting up the further adventures of Indy and Mutt with a "not just yet, son. The hat is still mine."

MattJones

I would TOTALLY go to the Presidio to work for Lucasfilm (free of charge, George. No need to put me on the payroll) to help come up with and research a new McGuffin.

There are so many great ideas out there! Fountain of Youth... Excalibur... and that's just scratching the surface!

peterlally

eroc said:
Indy 4 is going to be so big at the box office, they would be silly people not to pursue a new trilogy. from what has been posted about the novelizations ending, it would seem they are setting up the further adventures of Indy and Mutt with a "not just yet, son. The hat is still mine."

What has been posted about the novelizations ending?:hat:

WillKill4Food

Mickiana said:
The Tree of Life will not be convincing. Only fundamentalists believe that the tree was anything real. The Adam and Eve story is metaphor and the tree is only symbolic of something deeper. It was made up to tell a certain story to pass on a certain lesson.
The parables are the only parts of the Bible that mainstream members of Christianity consider metaphorical. The Genesis narrative is a history, and almost every Jew, Muslim, and Christian believes that it is literal. Only those few with loose interpretations believe that it is metaphorical. So, almost every Jew, Muslim, and Christian is a fundamentalist? No, that's obviously not true, as fundamentalism is by definition an extremist that is stricter in beliefs than the majority of his/her religion. So, no, the tree is mainly interpreted as literal, regardless of its unlikelyhood.
Sorry, but being that you aren't a follower of any of these religions, you should not comment in such areas. Your beliefs do not make others fundamentalists.
Mickiana said:
...it doesn't sound exciting enough in terms of a B grade adventure movie. The object will have to be mystical as well as man-made for a perceived value to occur and it will have to be something we have heard of or at least can understand in terms of stretched credibility.
Back on topic, I agree here. There is no artifact (and thus no McGuffin) and the entire situation is contrary to Indy's other stories.

Jndy

Only fundamentalists interpret the Old Testament literally. Most Christians don't think Jonah was literally swallowed by a whale, or that Noah put one of every species on a boat, or that all of mankind descends from two people named Adam and Eve.

Even though the Garden of Eden is a literary symbol and not an actual place, it could still work as an Indy MacGuffin. Everyone knows what the Garden is, and everyone would think "Hey, wouldn't it be awesome if the Garden existed? And someone found it? Go Indy!"

Last edited:

Darth Vile

I think it's more likely they'll make a Mutt feature rather than another Indy movie. As much as I'd love new Indy movies ad infinitum... I'm not sure Lucas/Spielberg/Ford will sign up for another one (as much as I'd like them too).

nitzsche

Lucas, looking dandy with slicked-back gray and white hair in a snappy tuxedo, was a guest Thursday night at Paramount/DreamWorks's party for "Kung Fu Panda" at the 61st Cannes Film Festival...

"I haven't even told Steven or Harrison this," he said. "But I have an idea to make Shia [LeBeouf] the lead character next time and have Harrison [Ford] come back like Sean Connery did in the last movie. I can see it working out.

"And it's not like Harrison is even old. I mean, he's 65 and he did everything in this movie. The old chemistry is there, and it's not like he's an old man. He's incredibly agile; he looks even better than he did 20 years ago, if you ask me." ....

So there you have it - at least Lucas' mindset.

Zorg

The idea could materialize, but there are at least two conditions: 1, the character of Mutt must be well received by audiences, and 2, KotCS must be a success. If even these conditions are met, the rumours will start immediately.

I know I'm getting way ahead of things here, but who would direct? Would Spielberg do it?

nitzsche

Well, Lucas has said he wants to do a Mutt Williams movie with Harrison costarring as Indiana Jones. Check the quote above.