Backtoback

-Jones-

Grizzlor said:
BTTF I/II/III were all part of the original script, but split up into 3.

You're wrong. The two sequels of BTTF were done simultaneously. The script was only written for just one movie. After the great blockbuster success of the first movie, Zemeckis with Gale wrote another two scripts.

Jawad M

i can say with 100% confidence that this is the last film of the series.....unless some how shia's character is loved so much by the public that he might put on Ford's shoes but that seems HIGHLY UNLIKELY

-Jones-

Jawad M said:
i can say with 100% confidence that this is the last film of the series.....unless some how shia's character is loved so much by the public that he might put on Ford's shoes but that seems HIGHLY UNLIKELY

Mere speculations ;). We know nothing.

indyt

If we do have two more movies, which I would like to have, would not that put Indy in the 1960's? I is just weird to see Indy in that timeframe. I still think it would be cool to see some prequels where is in his 20's to early 30's. That is the only time I would want a re-cast.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Joe Brody said:
A fellow Nihilist?

A Big Lebowski fan perhaps?

Eh, he's talking about knowledge, not belief. Hogan's Heroes, more likely.

I suppose this is a digression, which is a shame. The topic really tied the whole thread together.

Vendetta08

Grizzlor said:
They could always use Shia's character as the lead for future movies. I think it was Kathleen Kennedy who said the other day that they would retire the Indy character with Harrison, but not necessarily the franchise, so to speak. That said, Lucas has insisted he is going into television, no more movies. I don't see Spielberg being involved if its not Harrison in the lead.

I'd like to see an animated Indy tv show. Just no live action Indy show.

BrodyIsDead

the_tortel_tres said:
I second that:hat:

Indy cartoon would be awesome deux

I'd LOVE to see an Indy cartoon and am absolutely convinced that Lucas must have this in mind... :gun:

But returning to the original point of this thread - this news just in!!! :D

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2008/02/indy_update200802

So, maybe not "back to back" films being made now but surely in the future, this franchise isn't dead... I for one don't mind seeing Shia in the lead role in future films AS LONG as Harrison still has a part to play (maybe even becoming an "advisor" character like Brody was?) (y)

More speculation about another adventure waiting to happen can be read about at:

http://www.findthemissingreel.com

oki9Sedo

It took the 19 years to get the right script for Indy IV....its highly unlikely they'll get 2 scripts of the same standard in the next five years.

An Indiana Jones cartoon seems like a good idea to me.

metalinvader

In regards to a new cartoon,THere was this a few months back...

29820244676.jpg

The Indy character key (Done in the style of the SW ones) was passed out during the Indy licensing summit last year.Though,I'm pretty sure it was just a cool little give away and nothing more,Could it be possible that this is a preview of things to come?

BrodyIsDead

metalinvader said:
In regards to a new cartoon,THere was this a few months back...

29820244676.jpg

The Indy character key (Done in the style of the SW ones) was passed out during the Indy licensing summit last year.Though,I'm pretty sure it was just a cool little give away and nothing more,Could it be possible that this is a preview of things to come?

WOW!!! Never seen that picture before - is there a bigger version anywhere? Just can't seem to read some of the small print but am intrigued by this... What exactly did it come out for again? I didn't quite follow what a "Character key" was (apologies for my ignorance!) :eek:

As to the possible Indy 5 film and Spielberg's workload, might it not be likely that if Shia takes over the lead role then someone else would take over directing duties too? :confused:

metalinvader

@Brodyisdead
A character key is traditionally used as a reference by animators when producing character artwork and background plates.There have been many Star Wars character keys made in the style of the Clone Wars cartoon,Alot of them can be seen at starwarsshop.com.
The Indy is probably just a neat little give away and nothing more.But who knows,Maybe it is a sneak peek at an animated series.....