The Official Wild Goose Chase Thread (for all the rumors with undisclosed source)

Dr.Sartorius

MsIndy07 said:
I highly doubt this article, there is no way this guy read the script. Also, if Marion remains Indy's love interest (wife, baby daddy) then where does Cate Blanchett factor into this movie?? As Sia's love interst, highly doubtful!

Maybe there's a love triangle b/w Indy, Cate Blanchett, and Marion.

Or maybe Cate Blanchett is a fellow archaelogist/professor who teams up with Indy. Maybe Blanchett is Shia Labeouf's older sister?

MsIndy07

Dr.Sartorius said:
Maybe there's a love triangle b/w Indy, Cate Blanchett, and Marion.

Or maybe Cate Blanchett is a fellow archaelogist/professor who teams up with Indy. Maybe Blanchett is Shia Labeouf's older sister?

All seems plausible excluding the latter (I dont' think, IMO, that CB is IJ's daughter, that just seems like a stretch to me). I think it woudl be interesting to see Blanchett as a fellow archeologist, and she doesn't have to have a 'relationship' w/ Indy, though I also think it woudl be great to see Indy and CB make out, hottt!!!

effin

actually sounds very probable to me. marion won't be the love interest, just the mother who probably raised shia with another man or by herself, not wanting to tell indy etc.

shia as a greaser on a motorcycle getting caught up in the adventure also sounds very lucas.

crystal skulls in south america sounds right on to me as well.

as far as the alien angle, who knows, maybe it's talked about as one possibility, or no aliens are in the movie, but supernaturaly touched upon, like the other flicks that had to do with their respective religions.

my gut with past spoilers for star wars were usually right. you kind of know when something sounds right.

besides the alien presence, this sounds right on the money to me.
I'm no insider, just a huge indy fan.

Finn

Staff member
If I run a betting agency, I'd actually give the smallest odds to Indy's child's mother being Marion.

We've seen these 'Belloq' types before, even 'round here... they like to pick things that cause controversiality among the community, run it in as the big story and then see how everybody goes ape over it.

Let's see what we have... (note, I could be shooting wide a mile here.)

Everybody knows that Indy was supposed to deal with aliens in the 'Saucer Men' script. And everybody plus their uncle has expressed that the idea is plain dumb. Would they be so cheap to go there? Hmm.
Indy having a son with Marion is not a new idea either. Fan script 'Sons of Darkness' dealt with that. Hmm.
We have Shia LaBeouf in the movie. Again, the simplest explanation truly seems that he would be the Jones Jr. Hmm.
Finally, we have a joker card. Cate Blanchett. Hmm.

So we mix it up a bit, see how we can twist it...

Cate Blanchett is 38 years old, but could pass as being in her early-to-mid thirties. Indiana Jones will be at least in his mid-fifties in this movie.
Yep, you know what I'm thinking.
And Shia? He's in to pull a Phoenix.

Why such a conclusion? Because you didn't think of it.

Dr.Sartorius

Theforce.net has an update. According to their "source" Indy WILL be filming in New Mexico:

UPDATE: A source who works for a film studio in New Mexico, that would like to remain anonymous, has contacted TFN to confirm that Indy 4 will be shooting in New Mexico just outside of Deming, somewhere in the desert. This looks to be happening sometime in June and the set may be faking as Morocco.

I just hope the Indy 4 crew will film OUTSIDE of the United States also.....

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Indy_4_Rumors_106072.asp

Last edited by a moderator:

effin

we shall see.....

shia did say that he was the sidekick type of character in the flick, I really doubt he'll pull a phoenix.

Finn

Staff member
Shia also said at first that he has nothing to do with the movie.

I just mean, everything revolves around LaBeouf and what he will be, so it's a perfect way to slip in Blanchett under the radar. Smoke and mirrors.

Plus, that TheForce.Net article gives out a little TOO much. Besides, all it seems to be doing is 'confirming' the most popular gossip. Never a good sign. And the upcoming Indy video game now has a title? Man, I've missed out SO much...

<small>Messing with your heads, as usual. Though I do admit it openly.</small>

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
The Darabont script is becoming the hot Canadian girlfriend you've never met. Moriarty from AICN said it was "City of Gods", and now this CHUD guy says it involves Area 51. You think he'd at least mention Saucer Men too. I do hope Darabont's script is floating around though.

For the record: Area 51 is from the Saucer Men script. The crystal skull is from Max McCoy's books.

Last edited:

torao

Moderator Emeritus
MsIndy07 said:
I highly doubt this article, there is no way this guy read the script. Also, if Marion remains Indy's love interest (wife, baby daddy) then where does Cate Blanchett factor into this movie?? As Sia's love interst, highly doubtful!

I personally think that chud is one of the most self-reflected sites reporting on the filmmaking process.
Of course that doesn't make this scoop 100 % true.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Thomas' script became the opening to Columbis's script. Maybe Stuart's becomes the first 10 minutes of Darabont's/Koepp's?...

Roswell, 1947. Indy's on a dig. Something crashes, he investigates, discovers nosy Russians, chase takes them to 'Boomsburg' and the nuclear test. Indy survives, but it leaves him sterile. 10 years later he meets his son.

Antonicont

romantico said:
Seems much of the story will delve from Erich von Däniken's 1968 novel Chariots of the Gods?"

I don't like the idea of lil' green aliens messing around with Indy. I've always tought the alien stuff was a cheap way to cover a general lack of good ideas, even if my optimism is kept alive by the good use of extraterrestrial topics in early Spielberg's flicks (Close Encounters of the Third Kind; E.T.). I think the ancient religious artifacts are way more fascinating, basically 'cause they involve the deepest of human beliefs, Faith. However, an inflated use of religious stuff may become redundant. So, my hope is that, if aliens are really involved, their role will be kept to the end of the movie, when the mistery has to be solved (à la Raiders of the Lost Ark, like someone else rightly noticed before).

P.S.: Ehm, at least the supposed source of inspiration is an award-winner. Just type Erich von Däniken here, and see what happens... :rolleyes:

I'm not sure about all this alien stuff, but I wouldn't mind seeing it in the teaser alone. In other words, that could be the wrap-up story from the first few minutes of the movie, but the main plot involves something else.

Finn

Staff member
Nothing shocking...

The thread reports it as "City of the Gods". Shot down already.

And again, with no better source than this, this should be in the thread dedicated for these junk sources. Merged.

scifiwolf

Wow. I just saw the news from CHUD. Coupled with the news of filming in New Mexico, it sounds like it might be legit. When I posted this storyline almost a month ago, I didn't actually expect to hit so close to the mark. Kinda hate the rumor about Shia playing a greaser. Oh well...

The Whip

I think that an alien story has potential. Especially if its more Close Encounters than Independance Day.

I also think it may be a good thing if it drops everybody's expectations a notch or two.

Rae-deemer

Is there any chance that these stories about crystal skulls are fake? Maybe created by Spielberg and Lucas to throw off the scent a bit. God I hope so.