Indiana Jones 5?

-Jones-

There must be a script now, or aproximately in the following year. If not, there is no hope for Indy V. Sorry, but 70-year old Ford is to not my idea for this movie.

I had a dream xD - NEW TRILOGY IV-VI - 2007-2009. But this is just a dream, no more than that.

Shia can play in his Transformers flicks, but not as Indy. Hell no!

Hanselation

Make on step after another. First we'll finally get Indy 4!
..and then?
Indy
- like James Bond with other actors for playing indy :( ...
- as 70 year old archeologist sitting in an old peoples home in 1969 -or in Woodstock? :(

I don't think so!

Echo22

If the result is as good as we all hope and Ford feels reguvinated by the spectacle and the glory of another huge blockbuster, anything's possible. Or you could at least see him taking on more Indy-esque roles. Cooler action and humor - less serious. Who knows? Indiana Jones would of course be the first choice.

I think that once the timeline creeps into the 60's it would lose that Indy feel. The 50's work well. I would hope that Indy 5 would take place a year later. I doubt they'll be in any huge hurry to do another, though. But if they did, you won't see as much trouble finding a script. With Indy 4, you have a stage that has been set and more potential storylines that can come from it. They've broken the ice.

Shortie

It's possible because the contract for Raiders said 4 sequels...meaning we're one short come May 22, 2008.

oki9Sedo

Shortie said:
It's possible because the contract for Raiders said 4 sequels...meaning we're one short come May 22, 2008.

Yes, but doing the fourth film has nothing to due with finally fulfilling a five film goal, they're doing it because they want to.

TennesseBuck

The initial contract was for three movies. When "Last Crusade" finished, the hope was to do more but Lucas, presumably, couldn't think of a new adventure.

Vendetta08

Shortie said:

I highly doubt Ford's obligations for Indy 4 has anything to do with the contract he signed back in the 70s.

Grizzlor

Couple things. One, the contract was signed with Paramount by Lucas (Lucas Films) and Spielberg, with Ford having nothing to do with it. Two, nobody has ever held to this, it doesn't matter. Three, in the mid-90's Lucas was working on a script, with Jeffrey Boam and a few others. He finished it, but Spielberg and Ford felt it was not unique enough from the previous 3. I also think they had many other projects they wanted to do more. Lucas then moved full on into Star Wars mode, which is why we haven't had this film until the Prequels were done. Lastly, Shia would never play Indy after having played a different character in this film.

Grizzlor

Indy fan 235 said:
Shia may not play Henry Jones Jr., but he could always take the name Indiana and call himself that.

Eh, I hope not. And like I said, does the 1930's serial adventure work getting into the 1960's? I suppose it could, but nothing will happen unless Lucas wants to do that. It's his franchise, and he's repeatedly said his future focus will be TV.

Niteshade007

I agree, I think that the 60's may be pushing it. I mean, Indy with hippies? Even Shia with hippies will seem odd. When I think adventure film, I definitely don't think 60's.

Vendetta08

Grizzlor said:
Eh, I hope not. And like I said, does the 1930's serial adventure work getting into the 1960's? I suppose it could, but nothing will happen unless Lucas wants to do that. It's his franchise, and he's repeatedly said his future focus will be TV.

Another Indy tv show..............hmmm...................

Niteshade007 said:
I agree, I think that the 60's may be pushing it. I mean, Indy with hippies? Even Shia with hippies will seem odd. When I think adventure film, I definitely don't think 60's.

I guess you're joking. And while I wouldn't want it to happen either, Hippies would really be the least of our worries. The Indy films are set in American for what? 20 minutes at the most? There are no Hippies in India or the Middle East. That's for sure.

Forbidden Eye

I love the fact Indy 4 is just at the beginning of filming stage, and we're already talking about Indy 5. ;)

Anyway, another t.v. spin-off staring somebody(maybe Shia Labeouf?) could work. Of course, Indy will probably have a big future in books, video games, theme park attractions etc. but cosidering it has taken nearly 2 decades for this film to just get in production, it would seem hard to believe a 5th one is on Lucas' of Spielberg's mind right now.

After all, isn't that what fan-videos are for? ;)

Last edited:

-Jones-

Forbidden Eye said:
After all, isn't that what fan-videos are for? ;)

90% of fan-vids are pure s***, my friend ;). I think there is a possibilty of Indy V, but the script must be written in this or in the next year. The production should start in 2008-2009. It is possible, but it depends on Ford, Spielberg and Lucas.

New trilogy with older Jones is in my opinion, quite good idea.

Parzival

What if IV makes tons of money? I'm sure the producers will want to cash in on the renewed interest of this property and want to make more money. I'm all for more stories Harrison Ford or no Harrison Ford. As long as the stories are up to par then I would like to see them continue.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Parzival said:
What if IV makes tons of money? I'm sure the producers will want to cash in on the renewed interest of this property and want to make more money. I'm all for more stories Harrison Ford or no Harrison Ford. As long as the stories are up to par then I would like to see them continue.

Up to par though is an awful lot to ask for, and also (arguably) insufficient.

There's something to be said for knowing when to stop.

Grizzlor

Any Indy TV Show would not happen until after the Star Wars one was off the ground (2009 or 2010?). One of Lucas' goals with that show is to prove that high quality science fiction can still be done on television, for a reasonable amount of money. A big problem with Young Indy chronicles was a enormous cost of production, which was largely paid by Lucas, because he wanted so much location shooting. Therefore, his "new formula" he has been touting would have to be proven out by Star Wars first. Plus I think there is something to be said about the lack of success of anything Indiana Jones or copycat not starring Harrison Ford.

Indy1986

I would have loved it if there would have been six parts like in Star Wars.
At that point I must say that time was wasted... the 90's could have been enough times for two more adventures of Indy so that now in 2007 we would get the last episode, part 6.
I really think that it would have been possible to do two more movies before this one. But now it is out of question. Ford is still in shape for this next adventure but in some years he will definitely be too old. It is too late to shoot part 5 and 6.
And I am not a fan of the idea that Shia takes over the whip. No Indy without Ford.
But like I said it would have been cool to have six episodes....