Im Sure Indy 5 Is Set For 2009!

MartyB

Personally i think Indy 4 will end with it wide open for one more film. I just can't see Lucas/Speilbery ending on part 4. 5 Parts seems alot more logical to me, and it's more rounded :) IMO. I think they will go straight into filming in summer 2008, just after the release of KOTCS, for a May 2009 release.

Dr.Sartorius

I'm not sure why a fifth movie would be more rounded than a fourth...Then again, it all depends on how much money Indy 4 makes.

If Shia Labeouf is the focus of an Indy 5 I hope it never gets made.

jtobin13

dr is correct

when you see the film you wont want another...........
also SS is shooting lincoln not indy 5

MartyB

Dr.Sartorius said:
Why would a fifth movie be more rounded than a fourth? If Shia Labeouf is the focus of an Indy 5 I hope it never gets made.

I don't know? Why it's more rounded, it's just always seemed to me 3 or 5 are a better number to end on than 4. I can't explain it, maybe im a obsessive compulsive disorder suffer :)

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
jtobin13 said:
when you see the film you wont want another
You mean that in a good way... right jtobin?
After your bit part on the Universal set, you would know better than us.

I like this tactic: ask for 2009, settle for a little later...

NamedAfterDaDog

A while ago (say two or three months) they said that there might be a whole other trilogy concerning the adventures of Shia, I think.. If so I would not see ONE.
Any Indy movie that does not have:
(a) Harrison Ford as the main character
(b) His adventures are the main plot, and
(c) Steven Spielberg directing
ARE NOT WORTH THE DEVELOPMENT STAGE.

metalinvader

NamedAfterDaDog said:
A while ago (say two or three months) they said that there might be a whole other trilogy concerning the adventures of Shia, I think.. If so I would not see ONE.
Any Indy movie that does not have:
(a) Harrison Ford as the main character
(b) His adventures are the main plot, and
(c) Steven Spielberg directing
ARE NOT WORTH THE DEVELOPMENT STAGE.

Who's 'they'? I think one of those BS movie news sites reported this.I'd take it with a grain of salt.

Niteshade007

Personally, I think a fifth Indy movie would annoy me more than ending on a fourth. If all it would take is one more to make another trilogy, why not just make it? I'd also rather they didn't do another one at all if it isn't a quality film.

sarah navarro

I think if there was a Indy 5 nobody would want to see it,i mean isnt 4 enough i already have enough people being skeptical about this one ,but i guess it all depends on this one.I just dont have the feeling that people will go to see it.

and like everyone else said ...NO HARRISON, NO MOVIE!:p

Vendetta08

They should definitely stop at 4. This one is to bring the memories back for the old fans and make new ones. Indy 5 would only exist to make George Lucas's neck bigger... I mean wallet...

Junior Jones

I took them twenty years to come up with what they think is another good script. They won't have a fifth movie any time soon, if ever (unless they slap something together too quickly and it winds up a pile of trash).

Bjorn Heimdall

I wouldn't mind a new trilogy of films with Shia because I would be able to judge them separately and the good old Indy trilogy wouldn't suffer. What their are doing now is much more risky because this film will be judged alongside the others and it has to be monumentally good for people to like it.

-Jones-

Hell, no! Better to make the last 2 movies with Ford than with LaBeouf.

IMO, he is an average actor.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Junior Jones said:
I took them twenty years to come up with what they think is another good script.
Several, according to Spielberg. And it doesn't sound like all 5 writers used the same MacGuffin. Using leftovers is an Indy tradition...

-Jones-

God help us. They don't know what they're doing :sick: . If IV is the END of the series, then end it with Ford.

No Ticket

I will see an Indiana Jones movie with Shia in it.

I WILL NOT see an Indiana Jones movie with Shia PLAYING Indy or son of Indy or whatever.

Lame.

... And as far as Indy 5 goes. This will more than likely be the end of the line for Ford and crew. It took long enough just to get this fourth one going.

Kingsley

Indy 5? I doubt it... No Spielberg, no Ford. No other actor if there is an intention to continue a franchise with Shias character...

I would see a movie with Shia as Indys son, as main character...
I wouldnt join a board to talk about it, and I would probably wait till the DVD release.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
You know, it's one thing to delude yourself into thinking a fifth film is coming down the pipes, but it's far worse to actually believe that it'd be a good idea.