Crystal Skull may be the first film in a new Indy trilogy (Vanity Fair speculates)

commontone

Hmm, doesn't mean a whole lot to me. He's just regurgitating all the rumors we've been discussing here for the last several months, as if it's breaking news.

Indy's Sidekick

Doesn't make sense

Perhaps LaBeouff could do it, but then it just wouldn't be Indy. I don't think this is anything to get wrapped up in.:rolleyes:

Indy4fan

This is terrible. Shia's a good actor, but you can't have Jones without Harrison. I hope Kingdom is the final film.

"Greed is not good." Overexcited fans and money grabbing so-called franchises are destroying the beauty of cinema. Look at what happened to "Saw".(n)

Indy4fan said:
This is terrible. Shia's a good actor, but you can't have Jones without Harrison. I hope Kingdom is the final film.

"Greed is not good." Overexcited fans and money grabbing so-called franchises are destroying the beauty of cinema. Look at what happened to "Saw".(n)

Ahahaha! Oh man! Thank you, that was hilarious.

Saw was never and will never be a "beauty of cinema." It's a hollow, derivative, poorly plotted, sloppily constructed POS and a disgrace to all fans of "horror," not that I'd even classify it as such. It was Hollywood's answer to Guinea Pig. Just awful.

And to the topic... old rumor. Though I'd hope it doesn't happen. I'm even starting to regret ever having hoped for a 4th film...

loganbush

Remember, no matter what happens, we'll always have the original trilogy. And I for one cant wait to see Indy kicking butt again even if it's a little sci fi.

Indy4fan

ResidentAlien said:

Saw was never and will never be a "beauty of cinema." It's a hollow, derivative, poorly plotted, sloppily constructed POS and a disgrace to all fans of "horror," not that I'd even classify it as such. It was Hollywood's answer to Guinea Pig. Just awful.

And to the topic... old rumor. Though I'd hope it doesn't happen. I'm even starting to regret ever having hoped for a 4th film...
I never wrote that. I'm using Saw as an example of how a film can be exploited into a so-called franchise.

Chris Jones

Indy4fan said:

I agree, i would not want another movie if Harrison was not in it. It just wouldn't have the same magic, imo at least. I do hope they continue, but with Harrison, if he can keep it up like he is now, it would be great for him to come back for another installment.

Avilos

Of course the thing to keep in mind is this would not be Indiana Jones. It would star Mutt. Its doubtful it would be called Indiana Jones at all. It would be a spin-off. With its own visual style and characters. That is the only way it would work. The problem is who would direct it?

Also Vanity Fair's speculation has a HUGE flaw. They guess that a second trilogy is coming....Wel that would mean that KOTCS is the first film of a new trilogy...But that is an actual Indiana Jones movie.

peterlally

Kingdom is the last film 90% sure of that. I leave only a 10% chance of Indy 5 and.

There may well be a spin off but it wont be Mutt Willaims/Jones/Ravenwood and if it is i'm going for TV series or animated series and both options will dive in ratings and be cancelled unless the animated series is Indiana Jones.

Then of course there maybe the Shia Takes over as Jones back in the 1930's again but that I think that is unlikely, if they were going to use Shia to play Indy in 5,6,7 etc they would have not used him at all in this film.

Zorg

I don't think they'll continue, but they may have some early ideas hidden in the desk drawer. If KotCS is a big hit and we the audience like LaBeouf's character Mutt, I'd say anything is possible. It depends on the story and the ending of KotCs and the box office.

1ord3vil

ResidentAlien said:

How many movie franchises have ever been any good by the time they got to the fourth film? Even if there are any examples, it's rather the exception than the rule to say the least. (James Bond, maybe?)

Even I think the Indy franchise has just one really good movie in it. The other two are just mediocre to poor attempts at cashing in on the first success the way I see it.

I don't mind either way that they're making a fourth film. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out. However, if we look at motion picture history, the chances that this will be a good movie just aren't very high.

deckard24

ResidentAlien said:

And to the topic... old rumor. Though I'd hope it doesn't happen.
I'm even starting to regret ever having hoped for a 4th film...

I feel that way myself from time to time. I'm not so concerned with this film ruining the Indy legacy, but future films with a so called son taking over!

Adamwankenobi

peterlally said:
Kingdom is the last film 90% sure of that. I leave only a 10% chance of Indy 5 and.

There may well be a spin off but it wont be Mutt Willaims/Jones/Ravenwood and if it is i'm going for TV series or animated series and both options will dive in ratings and be cancelled unless the animated series is Indiana Jones.

Then of course there maybe the Shia Takes over as Jones back in the 1930's again but that I think that is unlikely, if they were going to use Shia to play Indy in 5,6,7 etc they would have not used him at all in this film.

Screw Shia, I want Young Indy to continue again! (y) ;)

patrickm2009

Ehh Not Shia.

I have never seen Transformers and Disturbia and I still dont like want Shia to be Indy. Harrison Ford IS Indiana Jones. Even if there is a spin off. I dont think It would be good. Whips and Guns dont go well in the 60s.

deckard24

I just read the article in full, and maybe I'm being a bit premature, but I will really be upset if Indy hands over his whip at the end of the film to LaBeouf! I know it's way too early to tell how the film will flesh out, but for Christ's sake Lucas and Spielberg, please don't do what was done to the Star Wars films! Don't take a fantastic trilogy and drag it through the mud, all to make another billion dollars each!

Jedinizar

I'm whit u @deckard24. except the star wars part ;) . but I really hope they don't hand it over to shia... it's called Indiana Jones and not Mutt Jones or what ever....

sttngfan1701d

It's a lot of grasping at straws on the author's part. And personally, I think it's a bad idea. I know we haven't seen the movie, but I have no desire to watch Shia Indy spinoffs.

kongisking

1ord3vil said:
How many movie franchises have ever been any good by the time they got to the fourth film? Even if there are any examples, it's rather the exception than the rule to say the least. (James Bond, maybe?)

Even I think the Indy franchise has just one really good movie in it. The other two are just mediocre to poor attempts at cashing in on the first success the way I see it.

I don't mind either way that they're making a fourth film. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out. However, if we look at motion picture history, the chances that this will be a good movie just aren't very high.

What about "Live Free or Die Hard"? That was a nose bleed-inducingly-AWESOME flick!!!!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

rowerguy7

If this is true (i hope not, but if it is). I bet at the very end of KOTCS, Indy will look at Shia, take off the fedora and put the hat on Shia. Then, Indy and Marion will ride off into the sunset. A perfect way to pass the torch. Kind of like in LC.

"You lost today kid, but that doesn't mean you have to like it."