Crystal Skull may be the first film in a new Indy trilogy (Vanity Fair speculates)

deckard24

rowerguy7 said:
If this is true (i hope not, but if it is). I bet at the very end of KOTCS, Indy will look at Shia, take off the fedora and put the hat on Shia. Then, Indy and Marion will ride off into the sunset. A perfect way to pass the torch. Kind of like in LC.

"You lost today kid, but that doesn't mean you have to like it."
God, I really hope not!

1ord3vil

rowerguy7 said:
If this is true (i hope not, but if it is). I bet at the very end of KOTCS, Indy will look at Shia, take off the fedora and put the hat on Shia. Then, Indy and Marion will ride off into the sunset. A perfect way to pass the torch. Kind of like in LC.
Yes, all of this, in addition to an Indy and Marion marriage, along with a moose on a hill in the background, all in the sunset of course. Then, everyone exchanges "I love you"s to the loud blare of a love theme before we get a heart-shaped iris out to the credits.

1ord3vil

kongisking said:
What about "Live Free or Die Hard"? That was a nose bleed-inducingly-AWESOME flick!!!!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:
Yup, it's right up there with Howard the Duck.

Seriously, I think they should make another 6 Indy flicks. Even if Ford ends up like a Stephen Hawking-like vegetable in a wheelchair, mummified and bored, there are workarounds for details like that. If he passes away, they can probably just replace him with an animatronic latex puppet anyway and just compose his lines from words spoken in his older movies.

trippweeder

As long as Indy 4 is primarily about Indy and Harrison Ford, I'll be happy. If they want to flog a dead horse with a new trilogy, that's their mistake, but if this movie - as I fear - gives Shia too much prominence, then they'll have jipped an entire generation.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Sankara

Stay cool! This is a just a rumor. Like the CGI-Whip in "Indy IV" :)

"Indy IV" is the last Indy-Movie and we will never see the character of Mutt Williams in another movie.

deckard24

Sankara said:
Stay cool! This is a just a rumor. Like the CGI-Whip in "Indy IV" :)

"Indy IV" is the last Indy-Movie and we will never see the character of Mutt Williams in another movie.
I sincerely hope you're right man!

Grethe

trippweeder said:
As long as Indy 4 is primarily about Indy and Harrison Ford, I'll be happy. If they want to flog a dead horse with a new trilogy, that's their mistake, but if this movie - as I fear - gives Shia too much prominence, then they'll have jipped an entire generation.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Make that two generations. And not just in the US but worldwide.

1ord3vil

trippweeder said:
As long as Indy 4 is primarily about Indy and Harrison Ford, I'll be happy. If they want to flog a dead horse with a new trilogy, that's their mistake, but if this movie - as I fear - gives Shia too much prominence,
Sliding on banana peels and entertaining the audience with gooey hair grease slapstick, he's going to be Indy's funny sidekick and the Jar Jar Binks of Indy 4. :D

peterlally

Relax guys I am pretty sure Shia is just there for Indy to make him a Man. If they were going to make spins offs with sons of etc Star Wars holds many more possibilities and Lucas is more likely to do it with Star Wars....

Miss_Jones

peterlally said:
Relax guys I am pretty sure Shia is just there for Indy to make him a Man. If they were going to make spins offs with sons of etc Star Wars holds many more possibilities and Lucas is more likely to do it with Star Wars....

I agree, the movies are about Indiana Jones the man, period, not about some all-encompassing story or force... even if Shia plays the role of Indy's son, it will make sense with the rest of the movies... in LC Indy finally reconciled with his father and ceased being «Junior» in Henry Jones Sr's eyes; in the new movie there may be a similar journey. But it will always be Indy's story.

deckard24 said:
Chud.com has given more substantiation to the growing rumor of LaBeouf taking over the Indy franchise.:sick:

Here's the link for those interested. Read at your own risk!

http://www.chud.com/index.php?type=news&id=13184

Honestly I do believe if they go through with this it'll be 50's B sci-fi spin-off, which is great. It won;t be called Indiana Jones and....whatever. It could be alot of fun and would not harm the quality of Indiana Jones.

JerryKing

deckard24 said:
Chud.com has given more substantiation to the growing rumor of LaBeouf taking over the Indy franchise.:sick:

Here's the link for those interested. Read at your own risk!

http://www.chud.com/index.php?type=news&id=13184

Sickening, indeed... Perhaps that's what George Lucas has in mind when he says that the critics and the fans will hate the film...

I think if he tries to commit this crime, it will likely be as a TV series. He stated his newly found love of TV last year or so. Additionally, "La Boeuf" is definitely not a movie-caliber name, and titles such as "Indiana Jones Junior and the Lair of the Sphinx" or "Indiana Jones's Son and the Mountain of Scriptures" would hardly have the audience-warming power that the actual "Indiana Jones" does.

1ord3vil

To be honest, I don't expect all that much from this movie, but that isn't to say it can't turn out to be really good of course. If I enjoy it I'll take that as a bonus and if it isn't I'll just ignore it and quickly forget about it.

On the other hand, I laugh at the Star Wars fans who cry to the gods about how Lucas 'raped their childhood' with the (admittedly sucky) prequel trilogy. Observing them is almost like watching Jesus' followers in Life of Brian sometimes.

And then of course, we have Lucas whining and griping like a little kid in the Vanity Fair interview:
"Whatever, Lucas is convinced he won't please everyone. 'I know the critics are going to hate it,' he says. 'They already hate it. So there's nothing we can do about that."
I stick around partly because I suspect that all the chatter, interviews, articles, pictures, rumors and trailers in the months leading up to Indy 4 will somehow turn out to be more entertaining than the movie itself. :)

sandiegojones

A lot of you here don't sound like fans. I hear a lot of whining, especially about George Lucas, but I see no evidence that he will ruin this franchise. Is he not the creator of this world? :confused: I can understand that some people were dissappointed with the new SW, but they are by no means bad movies and I felt Ep III was as good as Return of the Jedi if not better! The weak point of those films was the directing (specifically of the young actors, not the rest of the film) which he will not be doing on this one!

And in regards to Shia, I think he was very good in Transformers (a suprisingly good movie to me), but it took 19 years to get this made so I doubt there's a new set of films planned at this point. Mutt will likely be a background character not too different from Short Round.

I also don't think we'll see flying saucers or living aliens (if any at all), Lucas is not stupid and even if Speilberg went along with it I doubt Harrison ever would have agreed to interacting with aliens in an Indy film! My guess is perhaps there'll be mention of aliens (maybe the soviets think that what they're after) but it'll be something else based in reality.

A lot of the rumors are exactly that, rumor, and have no basis in fact. Let's give all involved the benefit of the doubt. After all, we are getting what we wanted...another Indy film. :whip:

Last edited:

deckard24

sandiegojones said:
A lot of you here don't sound like fans. I hear a lot of whining, especially about George Lucas, but I see no evidence that he will ruin this franchise. Is he not the creator of this world? :confused: I can understand that some people were dissappointed with the new SW, but they are by no means bad movies and I felt Ep III was as good as Return of the Jedi if not better! The weak point of those films was the directing (specifically of the young actors, not the rest of the film) which he will not be doing on this one!

And in regards to Shia, I think he was very good in Transformers (a suprisingly good movie to me), but it took 19 years to get this made so I doubt there's a new set of films planned at this point. Mutt will likely be a background character not too different from Short Round.

I also don't think we'll see flying saucers or living aliens (if any at all), Lucas is not stupid and even if Speilberg went along with it I doubt Harrison ever would have agreed to interacting with aliens in an Indy film! My guess is perhaps there'll be mention of aliens (maybe the soviets think that what they're after) but it'll be something else based in reality.

A lot of the rumors are exactly that, rumor, and have no basis in fact. Let's give all involved the benefit of the doubt. After all, we are getting what we wanted...another Indy film. :whip:

Give me a break man! Because we don't praise everything Lucas does, we aren't fans? Lucas did give us the character, but that doesn't mean we have to agree with the future direction he goes with the franchise. Especially if it means potentially cutting out Ford for LaBeouf!

Oh and we didn't all necessarily want a new Indy film. Am I excited as hell for KotCS, yes! But, I was perfectly content with the series ending with Indy riding off into the sunset in LC.

Katarn07

I don't see the big deal. If they can make adventure movies as fun as the Indy movies were without the character of Indiana Jones and a completely different star in a completely different time period, is it truly a big deal? It'd be better than National Treasure or The Librarian films which while the spirit is that of Indy, none of them really compare.

And sure, the PT may spoil your viewing of the OT, but Indy already has had the Young Indy Chronicles. That hasn't spoiled anything for some? I think the opening of LC spoiled that character for a lot of you! I think it was ResidentAlien who said elsewhere he's able to cut off the ties of the character of Indy int he YIJC and they're enjoyable. I agree with that statement 100%. I think if they have a spin-off franchise, they shouldn't even mention Indy or anything established in the 4 films. KotCS should be the only link to them.

I'm actually all for some sort of animated series akin to Batman: The Animated Series (none of that ugly Clone Wars crap, please!). The more I hear this idea, the better it sounds.

sandiegojones

deckard24 said:
Give me a break man! Because we don't praise everything Lucas does, we aren't fans? Lucas did give us the character, but that doesn't mean we have to agree with the future direction he goes with the franchise. Especially if it means potentially cutting out Ford for LaBeouf!

Oh and we didn't all necessarily want a new Indy film. Am I excited as hell for KotCS, yes! But, I was perfectly content with the series ending with Indy riding off into the sunset in LC.

I'm not stating that you have to praise Lucas, but you are proving him right by talking trash on him before the movie is even out and giving him crap about "speculation" of a new Indy series with Shia (something Lucas has not stated is in the future plans). Shia was Speilberg's first choice according to what I have read. Harrison is Indy, I think Lucas clearly gets that otherwise he wouldn't have waited so long to make another one. He could have gotten a new actor if he were so inclined. Just get off his back. If KOTCS sucks then say what you want, but at least be fair until you see it is all I'm suggesting!