Indy dying in 4 or Indy 5 without Ford? Choose!

Would you rather Indy died in Indy 4 rather than another actor replacing him in Indy 5? I personally love the character too much and would swallow my pride and go with the new actor. Indy must not die, whatever the cost, in my opinion.

(If this has been covered then discard this thread like Tom Selleck's audition tapes).

sarah navarro

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Why do you have to make the decision so hard?:( Either way it would make me sad.I guess we cant ever let Indy die so i'd have to go with new actor ...i cant beleive i just said that.

WhipItGood

So... how can Indy die in 4 if he lived to be an old man in YIJ? Unless you throw out the series all together in the character's timeline.

That aside, my preference would be Indy lives (as expected) and the film series ends with 4. If G&S want to start something new in the future, then fine. But the Indiana Jones movie series concludes on its own terms.

sarah navarro

Anyway if Indy dies how could somebody continue it as
INDIANA JONES AND THE........? It wouldnt even be Indiana Jones anymore!It would be a whole diffrent situation it couldnt even be called the same thing .

sarah navarro said:
Anyway if Indy dies how could somebody continue it as
INDIANA JONES AND THE........? It wouldnt even be Indiana Jones anymore!It would be a whole diffrent situation it couldnt even be called the same thing .

Sarah, I mean the series would end with Indy's death - OR - he would survive into Indy 5 with another actor playing Indy.

:whip:

DoomsdayFAN

WhipItGood said:
So... how can Indy die in 4 if he lived to be an old man in YIJ? Unless you throw out the series all together in the character's timeline.

The old version of Indy was Retcon'd out. Which means Lucas erased him from "Official" continuety. Which means the 90+ year old version of Indy DOES NOT EXIST within the Indiana Jones Universe.

I'd rather Indy Died and Shia take his place as the Future of the Franchize.

No Ticket

I'd rather Shia died at the end so he can't take his place. Ha.

I certainly don't want to see this franchise continue on (bastardized) with movies about Shia as Mutt Jones or something.

Indy can't die. This movie can't end on such a downer as the hero the movie is named after being dead. The whole point is that he is an everyday guy getting himself into situations he can't handle but getting out of them somehow. If he doesn't make it. Well damn. That's a bummer.

WhipItGood

Was the Harrison version of "middle-aged Indy" also retcon'd out of the series? Btw, "retcon'd" is a new one to me... sounds ominous! :hat:

I still think there's no way Indy dies in the film (or the series), period. And without Ford, I don't see a need to continue the films either. There's something to be said for getting out of the game at the top of one's form and letting the work stand for itself thereafter.

oki9Sedo

These are are fun movies whose only intention is to give the audience a great time. Killing Indy would not make audiences happy, so they won't do that.

Lucas and Spielberg aren't retards, in so far as I can tell.

WhipItGood

Except the final 'wrap' shot of a film is rarely the last shot or scene in the film. Watch that video on the official site again and you'll see the wrap shot for RAIDERS was Marion's "death", and for LC it was a shot of the animatronic rhino on the train (of all things!). The fact that Harrison was there for the last shot simply means he is in the scene -- but the scene itself could take place early in the film, we don't know yet.

Rivers

DoomsdayFAN said:
The old version of Indy was Retcon'd out. Which means Lucas erased him from "Official" continuety. Which means the 90+ year old version of Indy DOES NOT EXIST within the Indiana Jones Universe.

I'd rather Indy Died and Shia take his place as the Future of the Franchize.

No, it doesnt means that. He just didnt like the way they turned out and choose to leave them out. It doesnt change the fact that Lucas has established that Indy lives to a ripe old age. Plus they didnt fit in with the 2 hour format they adapted putting single episodes together as movies.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Whatever the reason, Rivers, that Lucas did have George Hall's performances removed with no further references to them certainly does leave open the possibility that he no longer exists. He might, but there's certainly no proof. Disestablishment is an option.

Dr. HenryJones.jr

ah no hell, no dying Indy. Remember it: Young Indiana Jones has been a old man: Indy with right eye patch. This movie will not see anyone, It's 1950... not enough, later we know when Indy 5, or not... what will to be Steven Spielberg again Indy 5???? wait...:hat:

deckard24

No Ticket said:
I'd rather Shia died at the end so he can't take his place. Ha.

I certainly don't want to see this franchise continue on (bastardized) with movies about Shia as Mutt Jones or something.

Indy can't die. This movie can't end on such a downer as the hero the movie is named after being dead. The whole point is that he is an everyday guy getting himself into situations he can't handle but getting out of them somehow. If he doesn't make it. Well damn. That's a bummer.

No Ticket has got it right! The series ends with Ford!

UCFKevin

I would rather see Indiana Jones get torn apart by a pack of ravenous wolves at the end of Indy 4 than see an Indy 5 starring Shia LeBouf.

ben85

No, Indiana Jones can never die. Sure, he can 'retire', but his character can't die. He is timeless.

And, Harrison Ford is the only Indiana Jones.

If he quits, then they shouldn't make any films, nor should they attempt any spinoffs cashing in on the name, like they're doing with Terminator. I'd hate to see young hotshots like Shia LeBouf 'leading' in a new film or a spinoff television series.