Indy dying in 4 or Indy 5 without Ford? Choose!

UltimateManGod

Forget continuing the series with Mutt. I want to see the Adventures of Short Round!

This summer, hold onto your potatoes, because here comes the adventures of Short Round!!!

Hedwig

I don't want to see Indiana Jones dying... But I don't want to see Indiana Jones 5 without Harrison Ford either... A hard choise... I won't choose! At least not before I see KOTCS and how Shia acts (assuming Indiana Jones 5 without Ford means an Indy film with Shia LaBeouf in the lead).

misnomer

No Ticket said:
I'd rather Shia died at the end so he can't take his place. Ha.

I certainly don't want to see this franchise continue on (bastardized) with movies about Shia as Mutt Jones or something.

Indy can't die. This movie can't end on such a downer as the hero the movie is named after being dead. The whole point is that he is an everyday guy getting himself into situations he can't handle but getting out of them somehow. If he doesn't make it. Well damn. That's a bummer.

Great post...made me laugh.

Vance

Personally I'm getting the feeling that we're seeing a trial as Shia LaBouf as this type of character, to see if he can play Indiana Jones himself in the later 1920's for the next film.

I've got nothing to base this on, mind you, but it does seem like there's some push in that direction, since it seems very unlikely Ford can pull off Indiana Jones again in a few years, and Lucas has already talked about the next couple of movies.

That's right, folks.. Shia LaBouf as Indy in a prequel trilogy. :p

Nurhachi1991

Vance said:
Personally I'm getting the feeling that we're seeing a trial as Shia LaBouf as this type of character, to see if he can play Indiana Jones himself in the later 1920's for the next film.

The 1920s???? How do they go back in time?

Ha! I knew Doctor Emmit Brown was involved!!!!!

I bet the crystal skull is just being used as fuel so Doc and Marty can go back to 1985

Vance

Nurhachi1991 said:
The 1920s???? How do they go back in time?

As in, Shia LaBouf playing Indiana Jones in movies set in the 1925 to 1929 period. Sheesh, gotta spell out everything around here?

mapso

xVendetta17x said:
In order it for it to be an Indiana Jones movie you need Indiana Jones
Anything else would just be a spin-off

Agreed. It would also be a massive downer for the series to end with Jones' death (especially if, as is likely, he's just saved the world from Russian Communist domination). I honestly don't think Lucas or Spielberg would continue the series without Ford, so that doesn't concern me -- but I do worry that an Indy 5 would be more Mutt Williams and the Harrison Ford Cameo of Doom than an Indiana-led feature. If it takes Indy's death in KOTCS to prevent that, bring on the downer!

The Man

Is it true that Lucas cut out the sequences of the older Indy when compiling the new DVDs for YILC?

ReggieSnake

The Man said:
Is it true that Lucas cut out the sequences of the older Indy when compiling the new DVDs for YILC?
If you are talking about the Geoge Hall bookends, yes. They did keep the Harrison Ford bookends though by all accounts.

I think Harrison Ford is too synonymous with Indiana Jones for anyone else to play him. So, that being said and the choices given in this thread, I'd prefer to have Indy die than for another actor to play him post KotCS. A 20s prequel movie might be a different story.

I think I'd be open to the idea of another character in the same sort of role, such as Mutt, in "Raiders 5".

Snakes

I'd only EVER want to see Indy die if they did it in a really cool way. Indy has to die sometime, and if they ever revealed how, it should be in a really cool way. I think I'd probably rather see Indy 5 without Ford. But still, maybe Indy 5 without Ford would be done badly. I'd rather see a well done death than a poorly done sequel.

deckard24

Vance said:
As in, Shia LaBouf playing Indiana Jones in movies set in the 1925 to 1929 period. Sheesh, gotta spell out everything around here?
Why would Spielberg and Lucas cast LaBeouf (most likely playing Indy's kid) in KOTCS, which is set in the late 1950's, and then turn around and use him to play a young Indy set in the 1920's!:confused:

Vance

deckard24 said:
Why would Spielberg and Lucas cast LaBeouf (most likely playing Indy's kid) in KOTCS, which is set in the late 1950's, and then turn around and use him to play a young Indy set in the 1920's!:confused:

We ARE talking about the same man who thought "Jar Jar" and "Immaculate Conception for Jedi" were good ideas, right? :p