When will Ford announce his retirement from acting?

When will Ford retire from acting?

• He will announce retirement after release of IJKOTKC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In 2 years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In 5 years

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • In 10 years

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • They'll have to drag his dead body off a movie set

Votes: 9 56.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

deckard24

I say 10 years. I think with KOTCS Ford will have a career revival with some better role opportunities. I could see him definitely knocking out a few more films. Something dramatic and serious( a film for the Academy), possibly one more Indy, and then calling it quits!

No Ticket

deckard24 said:
I say 10 years. I think with KOTCS Ford will have a career revival with some better role opportunities. I could see him definitely knocking out a few more films. Something dramatic and serious( a film for the Academy), possibly one more Indy, and then calling it quits!

I'd say that sounds about right. I can't see him acting much past age 75 or so.

sarah navarro

No Ticket said:
I'd say that sounds about right. I can't see him acting much past age 75 or so.
He might be able to pull it off,like Antohiny Hopkins or something( which is a great actor)his careers not over hes not done.

No Ticket

sarah navarro said:
He might be able to pull it off,like Antohiny Hopkins or something( which is a great actor)his careers not over hes not done.

Yeah, but most of his roles are of the "action" type. If he doesn't take the opportunities that might arise after this new Indy flick boosts his career a little... opportunities for different kinds of roles and to open himself up to more challenging stuff (for him I mean, he's played the heck out of the "Get off my plane" kind of character)... well, if he doesn't do that I can't see him going past 75 with the kinds of roles he plays.

Although he said he didn't take roles in some movies because he couldn't figure out how to play the part... he might not really know how to do those kinds of roles. *shrug*

Face_Melt

Yes.. I agree.. no chance of seeing a 78 year old Ford returning to the Indiana Jones series.

Fun to go back and read all these old speculations
Ford has said he never plans to retire. That combined with the fact that Indy is his favorite role means never say never. He might not STAR as Indy anymore but if they do a new young Indy show he could always guest star as old Indy.

He just recently signed on for an Apple TV+ series.

Side note, Ford is 79 and turns 80 in 2.5 months.

ValiumSky

Ford has said he never plans to retire. That combined with the fact that Indy is his favorite role means never say never. He might not STAR as Indy anymore but if they do a new young Indy show he could always guest star as old Indy.

jamie-bell-andy-serkis-tintin.jpg

Place that f*cking weird awful helmet on Ford's and Moore's heads and let's make this masterpiece as a prequel of KOTCS.

Fate_of_Atlantis_artwork.jpg

35995077._SX318_.jpg

Nerdpants

Lucky they got Indy 5 filmed before he hit 80.. wish they filmed it in 2018 as originally planned

Nerdpants

That would be interested. Obviously Ford would have been a bit younger which I think would have been an advantage.

Spielberg probably only would have made Raiders if left to his own devices. He only made TOD and LC due to a handshake agreement with Lucas.

Took a lot of convincing to being him back for KOTCS.

He probably wanted to redeem himself by making Indy 5 but had ultimately moved on as a film maker...

Face_Melt

That would be interested. Obviously Ford would have been a bit younger which I think would have been an advantage.

Spielberg probably only would have made Raiders if left to his own devices. He only made TOD and LC due to a handshake agreement with Lucas.

Took a lot of convincing to being him back for KOTCS.

He probably wanted to redeem himself by making Indy 5 but had ultimately moved on as a film maker...
Which is why at the end of the day I think Mangolds Indy 5 will be the better film. Which is probably ultimately the most important thing.

Nerdpants

The thing is.. we will never see the 2019 Spielberg film. As such, if there are any complaints about the Mangold film, those people would say that Spielberg would have made a better film.

Exact thing happened with TROS whereby the released the script for the version Colin T was going to make.

IndianaBones

The thing is.. we will never see the 2019 Spielberg film. As such, if there are any complaints about the Mangold film, those people would say that Spielberg would have made a better film.

Exact thing happened with TROS whereby the released the script for the version Colin T was going to make.
At least there was concept art and a sense for where the story was gonna go for Colin’s episode 9. I don’t even think Stevens fifth Indy ever went that far into production, other than an announcement that he was planned on directing it

fedoraboy

At least there was concept art and a sense for where the story was gonna go for Colin’s episode 9. I don’t even think Stevens fifth Indy ever went that far into production, other than an announcement that he was planned on directing it
From what I understand David Koepp wrote TWO VERSIONS of Indy 5 for Spielberg - be really fascinating to read them if they ever see the light of day.

TheFirebird1

From what I understand David Koepp wrote TWO VERSIONS of Indy 5 for Spielberg - be really fascinating to read them if they ever see the light of day.
As I recall, back in 2017 (when promoting Blade Runner 2049 in an interview with GQ), Ford received a message as he was talking to the interviewer which basically told him that a finalized script was ready for him to review. There's also the Jon Kasdan drafts (from around 2018-19) which ended up being just another footnote in the pre-production of Indy 5, but I'd love to read all of them.

I wonder if the McGuffin/plot details/characters greatly differed in Koepp's scripts compared to the ones Mangold and Butterworth came up with.

IndianaBones

As I recall, back in 2017 (when promoting Blade Runner 2049 in an interview with GQ), Ford received a message as he was talking to the interviewer which basically told him that a finalized script was ready for him to review. There's also the Jon Kasdan drafts (from around 2018-19) which ended up being just another footnote in the pre-production of Indy 5, but I'd love to read all of them.

I wonder if the McGuffin/plot details/characters greatly differed in Koepp's scripts compared to the ones Mangold and Butterworth came up with.
Well with the leak of Indy using a wedding car in a chase pretty much confirms that the Butterworth Brothets went though old Indy
scripts/concepts/plot devices to use for this film. This film could be a combination of rejected ideas with new ideas. Temple of doom was like that. It used concepts that was rejected from raiders

emtiem

Yeah fingers crossed. Indy scripts have always been notoriously leaky after all! And Koepp recently said that he had a great idea for a macguffin, so I wonder if he was talking about his Indy5 scripts.
I know he did a surprisingly bad job on KOTCS, but I have to think that's some kind of blip and/or he had a lot of interference as he's a pretty well-proven successful movie writer otherwise.