Should there be another trilogy?

Should there be 2 more movies?

• Yes

Votes: 43 78.2%
  • No

Votes: 12 21.8%

• Total voters

LostArk

It would seem kinda pointless to make a sequel 19 years later and just leave it at that. Besides, the series would have its own OT and NT (old trilogy and new trilogy, respectively) just like Star Wars.

So what do you say, 2 more films?

|ZiR|

To be perfectly honest, I can't see it working. I wanted more before I saw KotCS, but seeing how it ended... it'd have to have Marion, Indy, and Mutt in it, which is something I'm not too hot about.

While I like all of the characters individually, all of them together isn't so awesome. I got lame "wonder family" vibe from the jungle chase sequence. It reminds me too much of the super Conner family in The Mummy Returns.

Now that's not to say I wouldn't watch any futher sequels. I'd eat them up, you can be sure.

Dust McAlan

Absolutely.

We've got the '30s Serial Adventures, now we can get the '50s Sci-Fi Adventures.

The next film should be a monster movie. I swear, an Indiana Jones/Creature from the Black Lagoon type flick would be awesome. Couch it in Archaeology and it's gold.

ben85

If it's got a strong story and relevant characters then I'd love to see more while Harrison can do it.

Maybe the next one could be a prequel, and then one more, to cap it off for good?

Perhilion

I don't know....we might be pushing it. I'd love to see more movies, but I'm not sure how good they would be.

LostArk

ben7 said:
If it's got a strong story and relevant characters then I'd love to see more while Harrison can do it.

Maybe the next one could be a prequel, and then one more, to cap it off for good?

That's exactly what I was thinking. A movie showing an Indy adventure before KotCS. They can even end it in Mexico when Indy and Mac get captured. That way, Marion and Mutt won't have to be in the movie and they can return in the 6th and final film.

Hedwig

ben7 said:

A good idea.(y)

Dr.Mirakle32

I would love to see a series of live-action prequels (either on TV, or theatrically) that would bridge the gap between YOUNG INDY and TOD, and introduce us to Abner and Marion, and the rivalry between Belloq and Indy.

Or you could do it Godfather Part II style, and have a "modern-day" adventure with Harrison Ford, intertwine in to an adventure he had thirty years prior.

Crack that whip

After seeing in The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles how much an Indiana Jones story could deviate from the formula / template established by the first three movies and yet still remain utterly engrossing and distinctly "Indy," I'd honestly be totally Jonesing to see a very different kind of Indy movie - one with not so much supernatural, wild action, etc. (or even none at all), and instead with more introspection, character-progression-based drama, etc.; it could still be "adventure," while being a different kind of adventure from what we normally associate with Indy, perhaps more to do with intrigue, etc.

Mind you, I'll go see any Indy movie anyway - heck, I'd see an Indiana Jones movie that's nothing but two of his classroom lectures back-to-back, complete with roll calls. And then I'd go see it again.
:eek: ;)

Mrs_Fedora

Yes please, 2 more!

I know there are people who really, deeply hate KOTCS.. But hey! IF
there will be a second one, it's gonna be da bomb :whip:

LostArk

Dr.Mirakle32 said:
I would love to see a series of live-action prequels (either on TV, or theatrically) that would bridge the gap between YOUNG INDY and TOD, and introduce us to Abner and Marion, and the rivalry between Belloq and Indy.

Or you could do it Godfather Part II style, and have a "modern-day" adventure with Harrison Ford, intertwine in to an adventure he had thirty years prior.

They should reboot the series and get an actor who looks like Harrison Ford to play Indy in the 20s, when he met Marion. The GFII format would be awesome but it'd make the film different from the others.

Seaner

|ZiR| said:
To be perfectly honest, I can't see it working. I wanted more before I saw KotCS, but seeing how it ended... it'd have to have Marion, Indy, and Mutt in it, which is something I'm not too hot about.

While I like all of the characters individually, all of them together isn't so awesome. I got lame "wonder family" vibe from the jungle chase sequence. It reminds me too much of the super Conner family in The Mummy Returns.

Now that's not to say I wouldn't watch any futher sequels. I'd eat them up, you can be sure.
and they couldnt make any prequels back to indy vs the nazis cause if they make another shia will be in it (which i dont think is a bad thing) but if they do the new one ditch marion and make a very small part and more semi realistic action with harrison and shia

Turtle

I would say that they should maybe do one more. As I understand it, the original plan was for five movies, so I would be happy with that. Since Crystal Skull can serve as a conclusion for the series, the idea of a prequel that a few of you have mentioned here, leading up to the events of Skull itself is quite appealing.

James

I think they should do at least one more, since it would provide a counterpoint for KOTCS. Then you'd have Raiders, followed by two Indy sequels set in the 30s and two in the 50s.

Instead of trying to go the tired reboot/prequel route, they should go the other way: Embrace Indy's age and give us a film centered around the character as an older adventurer. The ideal way to bring the series full circle would be to have Indy headed for the same fate as Abner Ravenwood.

Indy-Anna

James said:
I think they should do at least one more, since it would provide a counterpoint for KOTCS. Then you'd have Raiders, followed by two Indy sequels set in the 30s and two in the 50s.

Instead of trying to go the tired reboot/prequel route, they should go the other way: Embrace Indy's age and give us a film centered around the character as an older adventurer. The ideal way to bring the series full circle would be to have Indy headed for the same fate as Abner Ravenwood.

I completely agree with James.(y)They should do a least one more Indy film and not have it as a prequel.

My biggest fear though is that if they do Indy 5, that George will beat the whole "young hero rescues parent" thing to death, considering they already did it in LC with Indy rescuing Henry Jones Sr. and in KOTCS with Mutt rescuing Marion.:(

Mothy

If they are done well. KOTCS has already tarnished the brand in some people's eyes, I wouldn't want it to be done further.

Salacious

I voted no for the following reasons:

- KOTCS was average at best.
- Spielberg has lost his edge
- Lucas has lost his mind and is more interested in CGI than anything else
- Lucas wants to centralize Mutt and push Indy off to the side
- Need to think of a better McGuffin...which can be tough
- They need to do this quick cuz Harrison Ford is getting old
- Wasnt impressed with John Williams score for this movie. The score makes half the movie work...if Williams couldnt pull this on off...could he do better for a sequal to this?
- The action was average in this movie. Spielberg and Lucas need to go back to the whole concept of what Indy was to them. Lucas has repeatedly said that Raiders grew out of the truck sequence in Raiders...they wanted to see a sequence like that in a movie. Now, they reley on CGI to do everything for them and in some instances, these sequences can then get out of hand because they have no limit...but it can lose its sense of "gritty realism" that was apparent for most of the previous movies. There was some sense of ubelieveability (Ark ghosts, Indy on the sub, ripping out the hearts, holy grail), but KOTCS had too many of these moments that really suspended my disbelief. I just think they should stop while they are ahead
- Lucas and Spielberg want to make these movies for their kids or grandkids. Its more geared to the kiddies than the adults now IMO. They seem to want to make up for the darkness of TOD so much that they are forgetting what they are intending to make...and adventure movie. I am not saying I need to see grotesque scenes and it needs to be rated R or anything...but lets have some gravitas to the situations Indy is in. If there is no sense of tension or danger...why do I care then???

Indy-Anna

Salacious said:
- Lucas and Spielberg want to make these movies for their kids or grandkids. Its more geared to the kiddies than the adults now IMO. They seem to want to make up for the darkness of TOD so much that they are forgetting what they are intending to make...and adventure movie. I am not saying I need to see grotesque scenes and it needs to be rated R or anything...but lets have some gravitas to the situations Indy is in. If there is no sense of tension or danger...why do I care then???

I couldn't help thinking that KOTCS was a bit more family-oriented too. That's one thing I kinda missed in KOTCS was the darker elements that made the other 3 targeted more toward adults. (But I still loved KOTCS nevertheless.:D)