Indy V or KOTCS II?

Would you prefer INDY V or KOTCS II?

• INDY V! Harrison doesn't want to retire, and I don't want him to either!!

Votes: 64 87.7%
  • KOTCS II: More Indy, Marion, and Mutt on a family quest of some sort.

Votes: 9 12.3%

• Total voters

foreignerfred

Which would you rather see:

Indy V: Another adventure in the life of Indiana Jones that doesn't depend too much on any other film. There could be appearances from past supporting cast characters (i.e. Sallah in LC), but this adventure is about Indy and no more than two other sidekicks (Nope, not Marion and Mutt). Indy sets off to discover some powerful object that he must defeat the "forces of evil" to obtain and of course, eventually lose. We meet new characters that are colorful and add to the Indyverse, but don't steal spotlight time from Indy. This adventure doesn't flee the continuity established in KOTCS, but it doesn't dwell on it either, or try to rehash dynamics played out in Indy IV. Since this would probably be Harrison's last Indy film, Indy is given full attention to kick evil butt one last time for the world's good.

KOTCS II: Indy, Marion, and Mutt (for some reason!) travel together again and go on an adventure in search of a mystical object and in the hopes of thwarting the "forces of evil." We see MORE of the relationships established in KOTCS: Mutt trying to be his own man while standing in his father's shadow, Indy coming to grips with being a better father than his father had been originally, and Indy and Marion fighting with each other over everything, but still finding time to deeply love one another. Many of the father/son elements are reprised and developed and Indy's screen time is trimmed in order to make way for Mutt to frontline the franchise as Harrison tries his best to impersonate Sean Connery's Father-Sidekick Character to Shia's Mutt. This movie would become the second of what the Raiders will call "The Jones Family Adventures."

I'm sure it's probably seeped into my descriptions, but my personal vote is for a true INDY V. I know we've had a youthful son has been introduced that Lucas is hopeful will take over the franchise, but I think watching Indy and Mutt, and even Marion and Indy bickering through yet another movie would feel like nothing more than bleeding a good thing dry.

In my opinion, I'm glad Sean Connery didn't return for KOTCS for this very reason. If I want to see more Indy and Henry Sr. I just watch LC again and I'm satisfied. Let's not retread the ground already covered well enough in KOTCS. Let's take Indy somewhere new yet familiar. KOTCS proved Harrison is STILL Indy, let's not push him out of the starring role. The silver screen tells me that he's just not ready to fade out just yet!

agentsands77

Given those two choices, I'd prefer what you call "Indy V," but I believe there's some middle ground between the two which would be just as acceptable.

LostArk

Indy V: A prequel so that Marion and Mutt don't have to appear and it can have the same structure as the original trilogy. Then KotCS II to close the series.

The Man

You know what really bugs me about all this? As much as Crystal Skull disappointed me, I can still see myself suckered into supporting a fifth. Damn it!

BiffMan

Although I was initially put off by him, I think there's potential in the Mutt character and while I don't want a full-on retread of KOTCS, I'm not sure you can do another Indy movie at this point without him. I don't think we need to go as far as making the next movie a clone of the father-son relationship of LC, but I certainly wouldn't mind having that explored.

Bottom line for me is that I'll still watch any Indy movie with Harrison Ford in it and honestly since the window of opportunity on that isn't going to last forever, I'll take as many as I can get.

Quickening

Agent Spalko said:
How about "Neither."

That was my first thought but if they continue a KOTCS series then it will distance the film from the original trilogy instead of tainting it. Maybe a few years from now Lucas can rename IJKOTCS to just KOTCS kind of like how he renamed Raiders of the Lost Ark to Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark.

DanRO

Agent Spalko said:
How about "Neither."

That bad?

I myself would prefer an Indy5. At least a more serious episode like Raiders.
But I'll be happy as long as there'll be a sequel.

TheLastCrusader

I kind of thought of KotCS as Raiders 2 because of the continuation of the Marion-storyline.
Personally, I'd love it if Indy 5 where to be a prequel to KotCS. It could have Indy searching for Atlantis with Chinese communists as baddies and Short Round returning. Then it could pass as Temple of Doom 2 ;)

Too bad Spielberg isn't very fond of Temple..

DanRO

TheLastCrusader said:
I kind of thought of KotCS as Raiders 2 because of the continuation of the Marion-storyline.
Personally, I'd love it if Indy 5 where to be a prequel to KotCS. It could have Indy searching for Atlantis with Chinese communists as baddies and Short Round returning. Then it could pass as Temple of Doom 2 ;)

Too bad Spielberg isn't very fond of Temple..

In the 40-50es Chinese would have had no real chance to be around the Atlantic or Mediterranean :p
One could fix some Cubans for an Atlantis situated in the Atlantic ocean though :p

MolaRam2

Quickening said:
That was my first thought but if they continue a KOTCS series then it will distance the film from the original trilogy instead of tainting it. Maybe a few years from now Lucas can rename IJKOTCS to just KOTCS kind of like how he renamed Raiders of the Lost Ark to Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Or maybe Mutt William and the Kingdom of the Walkie Talkies.

Salacious

Indy V 100%!!!!

Another "family" movie is pointless...what new ground can they cover?

If Lucas wants to make Mutt :sick: Williams movies...he should go ahead and do it. I wont be watching. And I didnt mind Mutt all that much in the movie to boot, but I just cant support a Mutt movie while I know Harrison can still play Indy. Movie should be about Indy and Indy alone.

But I got a feeling we wont see an independent Indy like in Raiders or TOD (at least...unattached Indy as per TOD) since he is now married.

Maybe Lucas wants Indy's grandkids to be in the next one too! Super baby Jones who saves the day at the end! Huh Lucas!!?!?!? There ya go. Do it. You know you want to. :dead:

Raiders of Clay

I really don't know about this thread. I definetly want to see another Indiana Jones movie, and as for Mutt and Marion, I liked them in KOTCS. Mutt is a great Henry III to me (just my opinon). I would like to see Indy go off and running by himself, but here's the thing. Indy has always been a great movie character because he is like a real guy and not a superhero. I believe Indy is getting old and he may need a little help from his son (again, just my opinon).
I also could not decided on what I would want so I guess I am saying do whatever you want. I will probably love Indy 5 either way.:hat:

Agent Z

How about an animated film? You could go any time period and have Harrison doing voice work. Go all out on the traditional animation. Take it seriously and don't dumb it down/sanitize it for the family crowd and it would work.

I know, it will never happen, but I have to at least put it out there....

segask

yeah, I wouldn't mind a prequel to KOTCS.

then Marion and Mutt don't need to be around at all. If they made Indy 5 soon enough they could get away with setting it a couple years before the events in KOTCS. Connery could be brought back. Maybe Indy's dad died when they were on an adventure together.

Deckard

segask said:
then Marion and Mutt don't need to be around at all. If they made Indy 5 soon enough they could get away with setting it a couple years before the events in KOTCS. Connery could be brought back. Maybe Indy's dad died when they were on an adventure together.

Ya or Connery didn't really die, he was buried, but then some of the grail water was still in his stomach and magically made him live again and he busts out of his coffin like Uma Thurman...:rolleyes:

Indy 5 w/ Mutt a little bit maybe, but enough Marion, she should stay home. And tbh I'd rather have Mutt off at college or something and a new sidekick. If Indy did bring Mutt along tho, I think it'd be cool to introduce Sophia Hapgood as the new female lead, but maybe make her a bit younger and have something develop between her and Mutt instead of Indy since he's spoken for.

No Ticket

Kingsley said:
No contest here.

Let the family at home and make an Ulysses' Odyssey with Indy.
That would be cool!

I'd like to see Indy without any real attachments on an adventure. I know that kind of story fits best into the 1930s era Indy... but I just think the family aspect bogs the story down too much into becoming "lame."

Benraianajones

Deckard said:
Indy 5 w/ Mutt a little bit maybe, but enough Marion, she should stay home. And tbh I'd rather have Mutt off at college or something and a new sidekick. If Indy did bring Mutt along tho, I think it'd be cool to introduce Sophia Hapgood as the new female lead, but maybe make her a bit younger and have something develop between her and Mutt instead of Indy since he's spoken for.

Agreed, I liked Marion and Mutt in Crystal Skull, but if there was another Indy I'd like a prequel! Fate of Atlantis! Or if not - at least let us have Sophia...but I'd like her cast as an unknown long red haired actress, with some mystique, not some well known actress that has dyed her hair for the role!