Indy V was confirmed since the beginning?

Hanselation

Shark_Blade said:
I was reading The Complete Making Of Indiana Jones and came up with a paragraph on page 36:

"Three days after the signatures, on November 30, 1979, Variety announced the deal. Underneath the headline screaming across the banner, Dale Pollock wrote:

"Confirming one of the most talked-about deals in Hollywood, Paramount Pictures will finance and distribute worldwide the Lucasfilm production of Raiders of the Lost Ark, along with four sequeals to the property."

Your thoughts? :eek:

If they don't get a script and start shooting within the next 3 years, there will not be another Indiana Jones with Harrison Ford - I'm sure!

Mrs_Fedora

Hanselation said:
If they don't get a script and start shooting within the next 3 years, there will not be another Indiana Jones with Harrison Ford - I'm sure!

Your'e right, they have to hurry.. would be nice though to have an Indy V.

DarthMickey

Indy 5?

If spielberg doesen't direct and Lucas doesen't supply the story I'd be intrested.Otherwise KOTCS fades and the classic originals will shine on even brighter. :hat:

DanRO

DarthMickey said:
If spielberg doesen't direct and Lucas doesen't supply the story I'd be intrested.Otherwise KOTCS fades and the classic originals will shine on even brighter. :hat:
*rolls his eyes* Ah right, and while we're at it, just leave Harrison Ford out as well. Sheesh!

The Man

DarthMickey said:

It would be something if they managed to squeeze Lucas out of the process. Fundamentally, Crystal Skull is his story, his mess.

Raiders90

The Man said:
It would be something if they managed to squeeze Lucas out of the process. Fundamentally, Crystal Skull is his story, his mess.

And Indy's his character, his creation.

IndyFan89

But Steven also said that Indy riding off in LC was his way of saying he was done with the 3 movies he signed on to do. :confused:

DarthMickey

Nobody said anything about not having Harrison Ford. These are the facts Harrison Ford is Indiana Jones. When he stops making Indiana Jones Movies there over.

Lucas and spielberg are not the same folks who made the first 3 Indy Movies. Those are the facts.I thank them greatly for those 3 previous movies of perfection.

With that said, as with the last 3 Star Wars movies, The story telling that was is now proven DOA by both spielberg and Lucas.It will never return. :hat:

IndyFan89

DarthMickey said:
Nobody said anything about not having Harrison Ford. These are the facts Harrison Ford is Indiana Jones. When he stops making Indiana Jones Movies there over.

Lucas and spielberg are not the same folks who made the first 3 Indy Movies. Those are the facts.I thank them greatly for those 3 previous movies of perfection.

With that said, as with the last 3 Star Wars movies, The story telling that was is now proven DOA by both spielberg and Lucas.It will never return. :hat:

But if you where Steven Speilberg, not Lucas because he is like talking to a child, but if you where Steve and you could see that this is what people are saying about you, that you've lost your touch that people love, wouldn't you then want to prove yourself?

Wasn't that why he went back to the Raiders style for LC, because he thought he had something to prove after TOD?

Indyman4

And there was.... a form of "eternal youth" in Crusade. I think... idk if it would be a little..... silly or not. And, if Indy does live for another 700 years... Harrison's not. sooooo.... I don't see how that could work.

muttjones

IndyFan89 said:
Wasn't that why he went back to the Raiders style for LC, because he thought he had something to prove after TOD?

Nah he made LC to apologise for the psychological harm he caused to young children when they saw the heart get ripped out by Mola Ram. :p