Do you know anyone who's never seen Indiana Jones?

shazamtd

Does anyone here know anybody who has never seen any of the Indiana Jones movies?
I know a guy from work who is 24 years old and has never seen any of the films and I just wondered if there was anyone here who also knows someone who hasn't seen them.

Montana Smith

shazamtd said:
Does anyone here know anybody who has never seen any of the Indiana Jones movies?
I know a guy from work who is 24 years old and has never seen any of the films and I just wondered if there was anyone here who also knows someone who hasn't seen them.

I know lots of people who haven't seen them.

And those who won't watch them because they're "silly".
monk21.gif

It's very hurtful, but we must soldier on regardless. :gun:

Mickiana

When I first read the title of the thread, I thought it read, "Do you know anyone who's ever seen Indiana Jones?"!!! I thought it was gonna be an Elvis type gag.

On topic, only my younger nephews and nieces, but as soon as they are old enough, good ol' Uncle Mick will break out his DVD set.

Darth Vile

Like Montana, I know lots of people who haven't seen them. Worse still, I know some people who have seen them and think the movies (including Raiders) are childish sh*t... or at best dull/overrated. However, I don't know anyone who hasn't at least heard of the name Indiana Jones.

A few years back there was a young woman working for me who'd never seen a Star Wars movie or heard of the name Darth Vader. That was more of an affront to me... but that's a different story. ;)

Montana Smith

Darth Vile said:
Like Montana, I know lots of people who haven't seen them. Worse still, I know some people who have seen them and think the movies (including Raiders) are childish sh*t... or at best dull/overrated. However, I don't know anyone who hasn't at least heard of the name Indiana Jones.

My neighbour who's in his '80s (the wild west fanatic) may not have heard the name of Indiana Jones. A couple of times, during conversations about guns, blank firers and replicas, I've mentioned I was looking for a replica of a 1917 Smith and Wesson or a Webley, as used by Indiana Jones. The name, though, doesn't seem to register with him. It's hard to imagine that the character has passed him by.

Darth Vile said:
A few years back there was a young woman working for me who'd never seen a Star Wars movie or heard of the name Darth Vader. That was more of an affront to me... but that's a different story. ;)

Did you end up having to show her the ways of the world? ;)

Forbidden Eye

Darth Vile said:
Worse still, I know some people who have seen them and think the movies (including Raiders) are childish sh*t... or at best dull/overrated.

Hmm, I don't think I've ever met anyone who hated everything Indiana Jones(though I guess everything has to have at least one hater)but I have met a few who never seen. This was during when Kingdom was released though, so I hope those people gotten around to seeing at least Raiders. I have introduced a couple people to them though.

And yeah I've also met several people who've never seen a Star Wars film/

WilliamBoyd8

In the early 1980's I worked for a US military contractor.
This was during the Reagan Soviet "Evil Empire" period and we were
warned repeately about "Russian spies".

There was a young girl who had never seen "The Wizard of Oz" and people
would joke about her being a Russian agent.
Someone finally gave her a video of the film.

Now no doubt Russian spies who are to impersonate Americans are
shown "The Wizard of Oz" so perhaps newer questions about American
popular culture are needed.

"Indiana Jones, ya ya I know him, is baseball player".

:)

shazamtd

Darth Vile said:
Worse still, I know some people who have seen them and think the movies (including Raiders) are childish sh*t... or at best dull/overrated.
That reminds me of the time not too long ago when I was watching RotLA. My wife came in at the start of the desert chase and sat and watched the rest of the movie with me. She might as well have watched a film of someone brushing his/her teeth. There was no reaction or any kind of enthusiasm at all. :confused:
The only Star Wars movie my wife has ever seen is Attack of the Clones. She went with me when we were still dating. If I had known that I never would have taken her.

Montana Smith

shazamtd said:
That reminds me of the time not too long ago when I was watching RotLA. My wife came in at the start of the desert chase and sat and watched the rest of the movie with me. She might as well have watched a film of someone brushing his/her teeth. There was no reaction or any kind of enthusiasm at all. :confused:
The only Star Wars movie my wife has ever seen is Attack of the Clones. She went with me when we were still dating. If I had known that I never would have taken her.

My dad has always referred to the Indy movies as "silly" and "pointless". He just doesn't get it.

When he sees my glass cabinets full of 1/6 figures he'll comment how he doesn't understand the fascination for all the "weird ones" (i.e. Star Wars, Hellboy, etc), and wonders why I don't fill the shelves with the military figures that are currently boxed up.

However, he will concede that the Indy figure "is all right", since "at least he looks normal" (!)

the lost ark

Dr.Jonesy said:
Actually I've never seen a Star Wars movie :eek:

Dude, go out and rent Star Wars!

Anyway, I knew a guy who was about 34 years old and has only seen the last 10 minutes of temple of Doom on T.V. So I forced him to watch Raiders.

I also have a friend who has only seen the skulls. Just sad.

Montana Smith

the lost ark said:
I also have a friend who has only seen the skulls. Just sad.

It ought to be compulsory to watch Raiders before seeing KOTCS.

In fact, Raiders ought to be permanently attached to the beginning of KOTCS, just so people don't get the wrong idea!

indyclone25

i personally don't know anybody , but im sure that there are some youngsters that are friends to my son who havent watched them, my son loves movies , but he never watched "ferris buellers day off" til yesterday.he loved it . i have a old girlfriend that never watched the star wars prequels , and doesnt know any of the stories.
so i sure i will find some of my sons friends in the future that have never seen an indy movie . and i will have to have a movie night .

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Yep, most of my film school (we're talking about 90% of them) had never seen any of the Indiana Jones movies. No one I knew had seen all three/four. All of them went to see KOTCS and post-KOTCS made fun of my fandom.

And yep, all my friends in high school and in recent years, had never seen an Indiana Jones movie. It's a lonely life being an Indyfan in Australia. :dead:

It took KOTCS and me winning tickets to the local premiere on the radio, to get one of my friends to watch Indiana Jones. She rented out Crusade and couldn't find the other two. She only got through half of Crusade before she went with me to see KOTCS. So unfortunately, the first Indy movie she saw all the way thru was KOTCS.

I gave her my old VHS boxset to watch the films afterwards. The silver lining being that Indy movies would get better from there. She eventually watched them all and decided Crusade was her favourite. She admitted that she finally saw why I love the films so much. Didn't make her a big fan, but at least, she knew what I was on about.

Darth Vile

Montana Smith said:
Did you end up having to show her the ways of the world? ;)

If only? she was an extremely good looking girl. I did take her to see Attack of the Clones though. :eek:

Forbidden Eye said:
Hmm, I don't think I've ever met anyone who hated everything Indiana Jones(though I guess everything has to have at least one hater)but I have met a few who never seen. This was during when Kingdom was released though, so I hope those people gotten around to seeing at least Raiders. I have introduced a couple people to them though.

I don?t think I?ve ever met anyone who hated Indiana Jones, but the vast majority of friends/colleagues etc. just view it as an action movie with Harrison Ford in (which of course it is). Most certainly everyone I know don?t believe the movie (movies) merit discussing on forums such as this (but that?s my foible). :)

Dr.Jonesy said:
Actually I've never seen a Star Wars movie :eek:
That?s a disgrace. Rectify it immediately please. ;)

shoat said:
Had the same experience with my Mrs too. Although she actually has warmed to the movies after multiple viewings?

TheMutt92

Yeah, I know a guy (a fellow media student of all things!). For the record he's never seen Star Wars either...

kongisking

My little cousin has never seen them, because he is only five or six, but he loves Lego Indy. I greatly look forward to the day he sees the actual movies. I've got a feeling he'll really did KOTCS. :D

Indy's brother

A buddy of mine put me up for a week 2 years ago, and I brought the quadrilogy with me. There we were, watching TOD over a few beers and I'm going on about some early scene in the movie, and was summarily asked to shut the hell up because he had never seen it. Needless to say I was embarrassed. It had simply never dawned on me that he hadn't seen it before. :eek:

Montana Smith said:
It ought to be compulsory to watch Raiders before seeing KOTCS.
I knew one such person, (an employee) and made him sit down and watch Raiders. He laughed at the Nazi Saluting Monkey.

Montana Smith said:
In fact, Raiders ought to be permanently attached to the beginning of KOTCS, just so people don't get the wrong idea!
Reminds me of this golden oldie:

A man being dragged to eternal torment, sees a hideous lawyer making out with Marilyn Monroe and scoffs: "That's justice, I have to roast for all eternity while that lawyer gets to spend it with THE Playboy Playmate of all time!" A demon jabbs him in the ass with a hot poker and snarls, "Who are you to question that woman's punishment?"

michael

Indy's brother said:
A buddy of mine put me up for a week 2 years ago, and I brought the quadrilogy with me. There we were, watching TOD over a few beers and I'm going on about some early scene in the movie, and was summarily asked to shut the hell up because he had never seen it. Needless to say I was embarrassed. It had simply never dawned on me that he hadn't seen it before. :eek:
Yeah, it's incredibly difficult for me to watch these movies with people because I am quoting every part, humming the tunes, and spouting off trivia from scenes.

If I were to watch it with someone who hasn't seen them before, I'm sure they would want to rip my head off.

But seriously, if you haven't seen an Indiana Jones movie...I mean...come on!