What would you do?

sttngfan1701d

I thought abot posting this over at IndyGear, but I didn't want to create an account for one post. So, hopefully some Gearheads here can step up and answer this HONESTLY.

Knowing what a fickle guy Ford is in real life, if you were out on the town with your gear on (probably just jacket and fedora), as I've read that some of you are wont to do, and suddenly saw Harrison Ford walking in your direction, what would you do?

Would you go up to him and greet him, willing to risk potential embarassment when he sees you dressed as Indy (depending on his wide range of bad moods there's a good chance he might think you're crazy)? Would you not even care and go up to meet him anyway or ask for a handshake or an autograph (neither of which he's known to give anyway, if he's busy or on his way somewhere), or would you adjust your fedora and try to stay out of sight?

I'm mentioning the moods because Ford is famous for that. You never know if he'll just blow you off or not. So, would you go up to him if you were in your gear, or if you weren't in your gear?

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
I suppose I would act casual and walk up to him, and say "Hello Harrison. Great day for an adventure, wouldn't you say?" I would be polite and brief, I may or may not ask for an autograph depending on his mood.

Magda

I'd avoid saying the corny stuff and just pass him with a "hello"; he's a normal person.

[Edited by Ameera on 11-01-2003 at 11:53 am]

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Renderking Fisk said:
Checking the calender and saw that it's another day to wear my fedora... I can only wear it on days that end in "y".

I would talk to him but not make a huge thing about. Now... If I saw Humphrey Bogart walking down the steet, I would be besides myself going crazy!

Cause he's been dead for a few decades.
I think I would faint...from the smell.;)

I would be as normal as possible, and act like I saw and interacted with famous people every day.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Renderking Fisk said:
Checking the calender and saw that it's another day to wear my fedora... I can only wear it on days that end in "y".

I would talk to him but not make a huge thing about. Now... If I saw Humphrey Bogart walking down the steet, I would be besides myself going crazy!

Cause he's been dead for a few decades.

I'd like to meet Bogart...but star-wise, Henry Fonda tops my list. Sure, you hear he was kind of chilly, but he was just so...so...Fonda-esque! If I saw Henry Fonda walking down the street, in that distinctive stride of his...or maybe he is leaning back in a chair, like in My Darling Clementine...I suppose I'd...tip my hat to him, I guess, "Hello, sir." OR "Hey Hank, how's Pappy been?" Henry Fonda...wow...

Prime_Jones

I'd very nicely ask for an autograph. You would definently regret not asking him later on. Thats why if he bites your head off, you still wont have that what-if. It's not that big of a deal anyway. Its the perks of being famous, people want your john Hancock so they can slob over it.

Magda

The novelty wears off after crazed lunatics dressed in Indy gear come running up to you, reciting lines word-for-word and trying to impress you with your bullwhip skills. :p

Finn

Staff member
I'd let the guy walk past. He has enough problems without freaks in fedoras haunting him.

Finn

Staff member
Renderking Fisk said:
Or freaks who wear ball caps or freaks who don't have the stones to be themselves.
But an Indyfan is himself when wearing his gear, isn't he?

Pale Horse

Staff member
"Huh, what? Harrison, who, The car marker? No? oh well...
Now where were we. Ah yes. As I have stipulated in my contract I will receive 10% of all royalties for my treatment of Indiana Jones V, along with the million dollar advancement for the Indy Jones VI script. It's a pleasure doing busniess with you Mr. Lucas."

Miss Ravenwood

If I saw Harrison in person I'd most likely do one of three things:

1) Faint
2) Be completely speechless
3) Say something but my a real a** of myself

I get very starstruck anyway, but it would be ultra bad with Harrison, since I've loved him for pretty much my whole life.

Miss Ravenwood said:
I get very starstruck anyway, but it would be ultra bad with Harrison, since I've loved him for pretty much my whole life.

Ha! Me TOO!!!!

If I saw Harrison walking down the street while wearing indygear, I would DEFINITELY stop him and ask for an autograph. If I didn't faint first. I wouldn't be embarrassed about wearing the fedora- I would think he'd be at least a little amused to see such a devoted fan. If he said yes for the autograph, I might ask for a kiss!!!

Or not....sigh

theinfiniteweird

That would be the coolest ting ever! I'd be speechless and super excited. I would be like, "WOW!". I don't know, I'm speechless right now!

fatima

Come on, I'm pretty sure that Harrison would never show bad moods to someone who comes on his way and EVEN BEING A FAN if they are polite for him, he will certainly greet that person! I know what I'm saying from persons how had have the previledge of meeting him, they say the experience was terrific.

From me who has loving him for years, I would introduce myself without freak myself out, trying to get control of myself, kiss his cheeks if he will OF COURSE (no silly screams or other histerism signs) those are aspects he obviously may hate, and I don't blame him for that, so,if it could start as that, I'd be the happiest girl in the world!

Indyologist

Well, Fatima, I would try to kind of inconspiciously pull him aside into a doorway, pretending to ask him for directions or something. Then I'd whisper to him if I could have his autograph. I'd do whatever I could to not call attention to him, since I know he cherishes his anonymity. That is, I'd do all this if I could keep myself from fainting! :rolleyes: