Do you ever feel like ...

raydelark

"Indiana Jones! Now, that's the coolest name ever! The things that he does are totally cool! I am so glad they made those movies, because I relate to them so much they changed my life! Yep, even though I'm a grown-up and know it's all fictional, there's something about Indy's fantastic world that is real and beautiful!"
Do you ever feel like just saying something like this?

00Kevin

Indyfan
Re: I said the same exact thing...

Renderking Fisk said:
If we could just mix and match things from that era into this one.

I second that

I often just go:

HOLY SMOKES! THEY ARE MAKING A NEW INDIANA JONES MOVIE! I CAN'T BELEIVE IT!!!! YES!!!!!

Webley

Im 29 years old and I cant help but feel like a kid when I see the movies. 1982 best year to be a young kid. I still have the old toys on the shelf and I bet I pick tham up ever day and gest think of the good old days.
MAN I LOVE INDIANA JONES and I am so happy I am a member of this message board.
You can bet ill have the hat on till the day I die!

[Edited by Webley on 11-17-2003 at 03:38 pm]

westford

Webley said:

MAN I LOVE INDIANA JONES and I am so happy I am a member of this message board.
Yep, it's good to know there are other people who feel the same way. It's been weird working on a Raiders trailer at uni with people who're not as familiar with the film as I am. I'll be talking about Toht, and they don't have a clue who I mean. "Y'know, the Nazi hand guy..." "Oh, right..."

raydelark

Webley, Westford, I couldn't agree more with what you both just said. Indiana Jones, the everyman in us, will always be the best fun and it's the greatest thing sharing that feeling with everyone here.

raydelark

Re: I said the same exact thing...

Renderking Fisk said:
... to my wife this morning over coffee. If we could just mix and match things from that era into this one.

Yeah, Ren, Indy lives and rocks!

Miss Ravenwood

When I watch the Indy movies they just allow me a few hours of slipping into an awesome adventure. They are the perfect escape for me, I always pop them in the VCR when I need a cheering up.

raydelark said:
"Indiana Jones! Now, that's the coolest name ever! The things that he does are totally cool! I am so glad they made those movies, because I relate to them so much they changed my life! Yep, even though I'm a grown-up and know it's all fictional, there's something about Indy's fantastic world that is real and beautiful!"
Do you ever feel like just saying something like this?

Definitely, I think it all the time. I don't know, but it's like they have some sort of spell over me. Even though I know that I would never ever experience any of Indy's "fantastic real and beautiful" world, it's just wonderful to think about. SOmetimes I wish I was indy!!!

merancapeman

I, like most of you, have had Indiana as an idol, for me i consider him my Avatar, my conscience. He is the symbol for the good in most of us. In a way, we all have our strengths and our weaknesses. He shows us that we must all take it up to ourselves to find our dreams, and X never, ever marks the spot. In other words, nothing is easy if it's worth fighting for.

It's also good to know, that no matter your physical prowness, no matter your agility and wit, your going to get shot, punched, or kicked. No matter what, your never a good aim yourself.

Webley

Re: This specal time...

Renderking Fisk said:
You two are just fine who you are. You?re both too unique and special to be wishing that you were someone else. I would rather have more adventure in my life? but I wouldn?t want to ?be? Indiana Jones. This is MY time? he had his.

Your right Mr Fis... I mean Ren, I am what I am and thats a good thing.